Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Operator View Post
    My bad. I've been following development of GW2 and Diablo 3 simultaneously and keep getting things mixed up.

So basically what you're saying is the only reason you would really want to go back an do a dungeon like the Catacombs as a level 60, or 80 for that matter, would be if you just feel like doing it or you're helping out some lower levels? There really wouldn't be a tangible benefit for doing it, in essence.
    I believe there are cosmetic armor pieces you can pick up in explorable mode. Each dungeon seems to have it's own armor set. And because of that, if there is a certain set/look I want, I wouldn't mind semi facerolling through lower level content to get it. As it stands now in Beta, exporable mode in AC is borderline impossible at 35.
    I like waffles!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    I believe there are cosmetic armor pieces you can pick up in explorable mode. Each dungeon seems to have it's own armor set. And because of that, if there is a certain set/look I want, I wouldn't mind semi facerolling through lower level content to get it. As it stands now in Beta, exporable mode in AC is borderline impossible at 35.
    Am I correct in remembering that the stats of any piece of equipment will be transferrable to any other similar piece of equipment (through some sort of catalyst) to retain the cosmetic appearance of the piece? I guess that would be a good reason for going back to lower level content to get those armor sets you mentioned.

Am I correct in remembering that the stats of any piece of equipment will be transferrable to any other similar piece of equipment (through some sort of catalyst) to retain the cosmetic appearance of the piece? I guess that would be a good reason for going back to lower level content to get those armor sets you mentioned.
    Yes, you are correct.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    So basically what you're saying is the only reason you would really want to go back an do a dungeon like the Catacombs as a level 60, or 80 for that matter, would be if you just feel like doing it or you're helping out some lower levels? There really wouldn't be a tangible benefit for doing it, in essence.
    You would still get xp, money and karma from it I presume. Keep in mind that the leveling curve is pretty linear in GW2, so the xp should be decent all the way to lvl 80.
    There's also the fact that normal weapon and armor vendors always sell up to date gear (if you visit Jorg the weaponsmith at lvl 10 he sells you lvl 10 weapons, when you visit him again at lvl 20 he now sells lvl 20 weapons), it might be that the dungeon gear vendors do the same (not sure at all on that), and in that case it would be worth coming back if you wanted up-to-date gear with that specific look or stat layout.
    Last edited by mmoc037083865a; 2012-04-04 at 09:01 PM.

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

One of the reasons I'm so excited for this game is because ANet seems to have an answer for everything so far. Yeah, there's always room for improvement, but this is one of the best starting points I've ever seen for an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

That one is not entirely true though. The curve will go up until level 20 and then it's steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    That one is not entirely true though. The curve will go up until level 20 and then it's steady.
    And that makes it look like every level will take as long as WoW's level 1-2, which is definitely not the case. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    And that makes it look like every level will take as long as WoW's level 1-2, which is definitely not the case. xD
    I think it was stated in one of the developer interviews that it would take roughly between 1 and 2 hours per level. I'm sorry I don't have the reference.

Deleted
    Very, but very good post man!
    Nice job! Thanks a lot for the info!

I'm prety sure I'll love this game!

ANet has said that from 30+ it'll take the average player about 90 min per level.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    ANet has said that from 30+ it'll take the average player about 90 min per level.
    .. I know?
    I'm not sure if you were expanding on what I said or misread what I said.
    The chart posted with no explanation would, to someone who does not know about GW2, make it look like every level in GW2 takes as long as level 1-2 in WoW, for example.
    Making people think they could hit 80 in a day, like you could do with 1-20 in GW1, turning a lot of people off of the game.

I couldn't really stomach the starter video for more than a minute or two. "Well, in other games you do blah, but in our game you do shiny blah!"

They took a page from Apple's marketing, and it's really annoying. Treat me like I'm not an idiot, and don't belittle your competition. Present your product, and I'll deduce if it's worth my cash.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Sounds similar, especially with earlier wow levels reduced to allow people to get to recentcontent without being bogged down early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I couldn't really stomach the starter video for more than a minute or two. "Well, in other games you do blah, but in our game you do shiny blah!"

They took a page from Apple's marketing, and it's really annoying. Treat me like I'm not an idiot, and don't belittle your competition. Present your product, and I'll deduce if it's worth my cash.
    Comparison is a powerful tool of description. They're not insulting anyone's intelligence or belittling their competition; they're using examples from other games in the same genre to reinforce their differences.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    .. I know?
    The chart posted with no explanation would, to someone who does not know about GW2, make it look like every level in GW2 takes as long as level 1-2 in WoW, for example.
    Making people think they could hit 80 in a day, like you could do with 1-20 in GW1, turning a lot of people off of the game.
    90 minutes per level is about... WoW level 15, imo.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

It sounds like you went in with a closed mind and heard what you wanted to hear.

Sounds similar, especially with earlier wow levels reduced to allow people to get to recentcontent without being bogged down early on.
    Wow reducing the leveling grind to get to the end game grind really isn't comparable to GW2's flat XP per level curve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It sounds like you went in with a closed mind and heard what you wanted to hear.
    Nah I agree with him, the manifesto sounds a bit arrogant at times. Not much, but a bit.
    I don't really care about that though, since the game itself seems absolutely amazing.

.. I know?
    I was just reinforcing the point for others, it's better to back up what one person says as it goes a long way in proving that something is true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks quite complicated with all of it's mechanics and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Game looks quite complicated with all of it's mechanics and content.
    Not anymore complicated that WoW was to learn from scratch. And while there are plenty of differences, there are enough things between the two games that are comparable as to make the transition from one to the other a bit easier.