Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I still say with the money you save by not paying a sub fee you can afford to buy a new card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Let's not forget the cpu! That's also usually a big thing.
    Actually they're down to 22 nanometer now

I may need that picture for future dumb jokes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkizzy View Post
    Is there a timer/countdown for you to be resurrected, and if you aren't resurrected in that time, you go to some spawn point? Is it unlimited with no spawn point, so you have to find somebody to resurrect you? If you can just go resurrect anybody at anytime, even in combat, does that mean you can theoretically just zerg bosses until they die (even in smaller-manned dungeons)? Continually resurrect your teammates so you are constantly putting pressure on the boss?
    Once your hp has depleted, you go in a downed mode. This also has a timer that slowly goes down. You get some attacks, but they are weaker than those when you were alive. If someone resurrects you when you are downed(meter is still running), you pop back to life. If an enemy finishes you, the meter goes down immideatly and you are send to a spawn point. If they let you bleed out and the meter runs out on its own, you also get send to a spawn point.

Deleted
    I know this question has quite possibily been asked over "9000" times, but here goes.

Is It possible you & you're friend could lvl together In this type of game, I asked that more to the point of "You're story" You save-a village, then that village remains there & respect you ect. Could 2 players embark on that quest, or Is that just undoable, Where you you're-self can do the quest? If that makes sense >.< Just awoke ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KillacrusadeME View Post
    I know this question has quite possibily been asked over "9000" times, but here goes.

Is It possible you & you're friend could lvl together In this type of game, I asked that more to the point of "You're story" You save-a village, then that village remains there & respect you ect. Could 2 players embark on that quest, or Is that just undoable, Where you you're-self can do the quest? If that makes sense >.< Just awoke ^.^
    Your friends can join you on your personal story, but they won't have the same quests unless they pick the same race/profession/biography as you.

Quote Originally Posted by KillacrusadeME View Post

This game is very group friendly. You and a friend could make a party or just travel without a party and still get the same experience since there is no mob tagging. The game is built around more ppl = more fun. I know i plan on playing with friends when they are online and also following groups of people around in both PVE and WvWvW.

The amount of healing abilities for Elementalist staff is worrying me. >.>
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The amount of healing abilities for Elementalist staff is worrying me. >.>
    Water Attuned Elementalist has 2 AoE heals, and one attack that has a splash heal as a sub effect. That's not really bad as only one of them is 'only' a heal. The other AoE heal also removes conditions. I can see all 3 of them not doing much in terms of healing (As much as Guardian's healing AoE).

Water Attuned staff is the only staff attunement with a heal.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Water Attunement has spells which grant regeneration. 'Regeneration is a boon which heals for a small amount of health over a certain length of time. When it stacks, the duration of the healing is extended, but not the amount of healing.' And regeneration doesn't heal that much as far as I can tell from guardian etc. vids.

Take a look at GW1's HP regen:

Health regeneration represents the ability of characters and NPCs to rebuild their health over time. It is represented pips next to (or on) the Health Bar; each arrow means 2 points of health per second.

Regeneration caps at +10 and degeneration at -10. For example, if you under the effects of a skill that grants +6 regeneration and another that offers +5, your total regeneration will be limited to +10. However, the cap is applied after all calculations are made, so if, in the same example, you are hexed for -3 degeneration, your net regeneration will be +8 (= +6 + 5 -3).

Health regeneration does not count as healing and degeneration does not count as damage, so they do not trigger effects from skills that depend on direct health gains or damage losses.

With that in mind now scale it up so it makes sense with GW2 numbers and it still won't make a difference. Regen will not be something you can rely on to save your life, it's merely a buffer to allow you some room to get away BUT WILL NOT allow you to just stand there and heal someone. Also, those skills are on very long cooldowns anyways, you're not exactly going to be very effective if all you do is cast a skill every 20-30 sec. Granted Water Blast does have a heal associated with it, you can imagine it won't heal for much at all being a spamable skill.

Wow, I just got done reading this entire post. Wow, I'm speechless. I've already fallen in love with GW2, but I've been lacking in excitement towards it because of the lack of Info that's been released. That was such an awesome post, It makes me want GW2 10000000x more now. Great job bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Wow, I just got done reading this entire post. Wow, I'm speechless. I've already fallen in love with GW2, but I've been lacking in excitement towards it because of the lack of Info that's been released. That was such an awesome post, It makes me want GW2 10000000x more now. Great job bro.
    My sentiments exactly. I was neutral about GW2 before finding this thread, and since then I've become a GW junkie, I just can't read/watch enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Once your hp has depleted, you go in a downed mode. This also has a timer that slowly goes down. You get some attacks, but they are weaker than those when you were alive. If someone resurrects you when you are downed(meter is still running), you pop back to life. If an enemy finishes you, the meter goes down immideatly and you are send to a spawn point. If they let you bleed out and the meter runs out on its own, you also get send to a spawn point.
    Thanks for the reply. I think I meant that in terms of PVE conditions though. I know you have the timer bar that slowly depletes as you sit there fighting for your life, but in a dungeon scenario, couldn't you just run around resurrecting teammates as they fall? So really, all you need to do is constantly do that to defeat a boss. Possibly the bar depletes quicker the more you die in a certain amount of time? It seems like there would have been some way ArenaNet would have prevented this, and I'm sure they have, but I haven't seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkizzy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I think I meant that in terms of PVE conditions though. I know you have the timer bar that slowly depletes as you sit there fighting for your life, but in a dungeon scenario, couldn't you just run around resurrecting teammates as they fall? So really, all you need to do is constantly do that to defeat a boss. Possibly the bar depletes quicker the more you die in a certain amount of time? It seems like there would have been some way ArenaNet would have prevented this, and I'm sure they have, but I haven't seen it.
    Yes, they have said that the bar will deplete more quickly the more you've been downed recently. I can't remember where I heard this, but I'll see if I can find you a source. My understanding was that the more you've been downed, the harder it is to fight back. You can still be revived when you're actually dead, although when a teammate is reviving you he won't be able to do anything else, so theoretically if a boss is tough enough that he's killing you a bunch, there's probably a decent chance he'll kill your teammate while he's trying to revive you. You'll be able to last for a while by chaining revives, but it probably won't be the sort of thing that will allow your group to never wipe. Especially in a 5-man where there are a limited number of targets for the boss to attack and shit will be tuned to be very punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Yes, they have said that the bar will deplete more quickly the more you've been downed recently. I can't remember where I heard this, but I'll see if I can find you a source. My understanding was that the more you've been downed, the harder it is to fight back. You can still be revived when you're actually dead, although when a teammate is reviving you he won't be able to do anything else, so theoretically if a boss is tough enough that he's killing you a bunch, there's probably a decent chance he'll kill your teammate while he's trying to revive you. You'll be able to last for a while by chaining revives, but it probably won't be the sort of thing that will allow your group to never wipe. Especially in a 5-man where there are a limited number of targets for the boss to attack and shit will be tuned to be very punishing.
    It takes longer time to revive you the more you get downed.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...healing-death/
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-01-29 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Also, reviving is interrupted when you take damage. So give a boss an AOE and reviving becomes tough.

The whole taking longer to revive you the more you die bit is a lot like the death penalty mechanic in GW1, but reversed. Rather than dying faster because you have less HP, you can't be revived as quickly. I think this serves an identical purpose of a form of punishment, but without making the player feel worthless due to a DP stack when they get back into the fight. GJ ANet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Bumping onto the front page with cute Asura girls

Dibs on the left one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Dibs on the left one.
    Right one >>> left one