Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But his wings can blot out the sun >.> . He's 1000 feet tall >.> He just lands and kill anything beneath him >.>

Deleted
    Aye but it's no fun attacking all at once a 2000 foot tall Asuran Golem might do the trick though....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if these Elder Dragons decided to all attack at the same time, what exactly would have the power to stop them?
    I'm not lore buff but I think if the all the elder dragons attacked at once it would be better then if they did individually. If I remember correct the Elder Dragons aren't related at all other then the fact that they are the big baddies. So if they attacked at once they would probably end up fighting each other.

Now if we could stop 1 Elder Dragon attack I'd say yes or else GW2 will have a pretty dark story
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    When you complete a dungeon you'll be given a token that's used as a currency for either weaopons or armor. So rather than grinding a single dungeon 20 times in hopes that you get what you're looking for, you can just take the token and buy exactly what you want.
    This is one thing that perhaps worries me slightly.

What you have in that "other game" is everyone running dungeons not because they want to do the dungeon, but because they just want the token (VP) for completing it. They actually hate doing the instance (for the nth time), and want to blast through it as quickly and easily as possible.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any views on why GW2 might be any different, and not suffer from it's dungeon content degenerating into simply a big token grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Qauren View Post
    Now, I prepurchased and subsequently registered for GW2, however when I did I didn't link my GW1 account as I couldn't for the life of me work out what the Username and Password was. I've now managed to work out what it is, so does anyone know if I can link my two accounts retroactively?

I haven't done any HoM stuff, so it won't be a huge loss if not, but in the event I decide I want to do some HoM before release it would be nice...

Help appreciated!
    Anet posted on FB a few days ago that there are some issues with linking - and they're looking into the problem - they expect to have a fix so that people can go back and link 'sometime' (I'd guess fairly soon - but as long as it's before launch it's all good)

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    This is one thing that perhaps worries me slightly.

What you have in that "other game" is everyone running dungeons not because they want to do the dungeon, but because they just want the token (VP) for completing it. They actually hate doing the instance (for the nth time), and want to blast through it as quickly and easily as possible.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any views on why GW2 might be any different, and not suffer from it's dungeon content degenerating into simply a big token grind?
    The fact that the gear is cosmetic, as oppose to better.
    If you choose to dungeon grind, you will be doing so to get something that is just as good as w/e you're wearing (possibly with slightly different stat allocation) that's your choice, but the main thing here is that it's a choice.
    It's like if you got ilvl 397 gear from tokens, but you were also given a full set of 397 gear right when you hit 85. Would people still feel forced to run dungeons, if the only advantage was the fact that it looked better?
    A large amount of people would still run them, but the vast majority of people would not feel forced, and only do it if they wanted to.

Damn prepurchases need to stop having issues so we can have the BWE THIS WEEKEND DAMNIT

any videos or blogs specialized in Crafting and AH features ONLY?

not looking for 30sec sneak peaks.

thank you

Sorry, my forum account is still too new to post links. But if you go to BlueXephos' Guild Wars 2 channel on youtube, they have a 7-minute crafting video that is pretty informative. It's not the most in-depth, but he explains some things.
    The title of the video is "Guild Wars 2: Crafting [Extra Footage]"

thx guys, but what about the AH features?

or its that one of the things still under NDA like the cash shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    thx guys, but what about the AH features?

or its that one of the things still under NDA like the cash shop?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx7o7CRoDXc
    Marketplace is one of the things covered in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx7o7CRoDXc
    Marketplace is one of the things covered in this.
    i already had watched that one

i already had watched that one
    Well you asked about the marketplace, and Bridger covers pretty much everything about the market in that video, so I assumed you had not.

Deleted
    this thread is very informing however there is some info you could add now like pre order and collectors edition details.

Nice thread though just added to the need to pre-order this game for me

Make sure you pre-purchase instead of pre-order. If you pre-purchase you're guaranteed to get into all upcoming beta weekends and 3 days early access to the official game launch. If you pre-order, you just get a reserved copy of the game at the location you pre-ordered on the night of release.

You just made arenanet 59.99 my friend. they should give you a cut

This is why these forums exist, for helpful information, not trolling and bitching. Very informative and detailed post. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Well you asked about the marketplace, and Bridger covers pretty much everything about the market in that video, so I assumed you had not.
    MArketplace as in Auction house, like players using the interface and its features

not marketplace as cash shop/ ah explanation

but dont fret ill be able to see by myself next weekend ^^

MArketplace as in Auction house, like players using the interface and its features

not marketplace as cash shop/ ah explanation

but dont fret ill be able to see by myself next weekend ^^
    That is how I was referring to the marketplace. >.>
    He explains the marketplace in that video, does he not? Buy orders and whatnot.

Edit: Trading Post, whatever.