Any Mortal Kombat 9 players around?

Was JW, havnt seen any discussion at all about MK9, any of you play it ?

Best fighting game since mk 1-3 imo, have it on ps3.

There isn't much discussion about MK9 because many people don't play it seriously.

Personally, I enjoy the game because of it's high risk/high reward gameplay, and it's ridiculously unfriendly combo system. Sure, anyone can mash a few buttons and get a 3-4 hit combo out, but the bigger shit requires you to input things within a very precise time-frame, or you'll screw up and leave yourself open to punishment. Also, I know way too many people that bitch about the "block button" as oppose to holding the joystick in opposite direction. These people bitch because they can't do "crossups" on a block button. My response? Learn to play, scrub.

My mains? Cage and Noob. Cage is my rushdown. Noob is my zoner. With those two, I can counter virtually any other character in the game.

It's still so strange to know that Jax is the best character right now @.@
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Kankuri try playing against my friend Milkgams.... he is such a nerd with reptile he gets upwards to 70% combos with him... he placed top 10 at a tournament in vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Engaged View Post
    Kankuri try playing against my friend Milkgams.... he is such a nerd with reptile he gets upwards to 70% combos with him... he placed top 10 at a tournament in vegas.
    Reptile is a very good character, but his forwards and backwards dashes are so damn slow that it puts him lower on the tier lists. If they buffed Reptile's dashes even a little bit, he'd fucking dominate the character roster. Full-screen projectiles that knock the enemy towards you and can be followed up with a combo? Damn, son. Damn.

Yeah i remember the first week when MK9 came out... he was one of the most overpowered characters. I was number one on tag leaderboards for the first month ^^ then RL came to mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Engaged View Post
    Yeah i remember the first week when MK9 came out... he was one of the most overpowered characters. I was number one on tag leaderboards for the first month ^^ then RL came to mess it up.
    The most powerful character at launch was easily Kung Lao. He was so quick, and could literally combo from and into anything. I remember watching a tournament a few days after the game released, and Perfect Legend was using EX Ground Hat to reset opponents in mid air and go into another combo. His combos were doing like 70+% damage every single time. I was like O.O WTF IS THIS?

Then Kung Lao got rammed into the ground with Cyrax.

Haha yeah man him and Liu Kang were crazy.... once LK got you in a corner gg...

I played Mk9 for a little while. The story was great, the real competitive side was fun, but just wasn't what I was hoping for.

Played Mainly Shang Tsung, definitely loved zoning with his flame skulls

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post

Played Mainly Shang Tsung, definitely loved zoning with his flame skulls
    I just spent like 10 minutes looking for this for you, Underskilled <3 This is the craziest Shang Tsung I've seen.

Why thank ya Kankuri! The 10 minutes definitely did not go in vain, that is a truly sick Shang Tsung.