What's the best use for SSD?

As title says, I got a new 120g SSD, what should I use it for other than store the OS, should I put games in it too? computer noob here thanks for the help in advance~~

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Games games games! OS then all your most used programs/games. MMORPGs imo deserve to be on an SSD before non-MMOs, simply because MMORPGs load more based on other players being in zones with you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Games games games! OS then all your most used programs/games. MMORPGs imo deserve to be on an SSD before non-MMOs, simply because MMORPGs load more based on other players being in zones with you.
    that is all........

10+ Year Old Account
    I put my OS and almost all of my games, and I don't think I'd put an MMO on as opposed to another game, especially a first person shooter. With shorter rounds (you spend more time in a raid instance doing content than you do playing a match of Counter Strike: Source) it makes more sense to put CS:S on the drive. I don't think your loading has much of an impact on other people, Deltrus. If you're thinking it's a synchronization issue, I believe that actually happens after loading, which is why you see someone running in place, the game has lost synchronization with the character and preserves it's last action as a constant. Same with a disconnect, everyone just stands in place doing what they were doing.

I also put Skyrim on my Solid State Drive. I run a ton of mods, and a super high resolution texture pack, so it's essential that I load quickly. With my SSD, I load at normal speed with all the mods. Without mods, It's an almost fluid experience between buildings and fast travels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was simply meaning that the SSD will load up an MMORPG quicker, as you have to load in other characters and what-not, loading into a raid instance will be quicker, and with all the addons people typically have in MMORPGs, it could really help. Also, FPSs like CS, BF, and CoD are all technically MMOs.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I was simply meaning that the SSD will load up an MMORPG quicker, as you have to load in other characters and what-not, loading into a raid instance will be quicker, and with all the addons people typically have in MMORPGs, it could really help. Also, FPSs like CS, BF, and CoD are all technically MMOs.
    They're more FPS than MMO. Shush. You said MMORPG's anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMOs - in general. How about that? ^.^
    "A flower.