Anyone own/heard of CLEVO Laptops?

I've been looking for a laptop for a fair while now and i thought i was going to buy the g74sx until i saw how massive that thing is and i felt a bit iffish about it so i'm looking around again and on logicalblueone.com.au i found the brand CLEVO.

This brand sells multimedia notebooks with graphics cards like; Nvidia 485m, 560m, amd 6990m for a price less than the asus g74sx with just the 560m.

has anyone heard of this brand or possibly own any of them to give me some feedback? i cannot find many or any reviews of this brand so yeah asking for your help MMO Champ! Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no laptop expert but just doing a quick search gave me some pretty decent reviews.

Most seem to like them and consider it great for gaming but also call them "overkill" for a lappy. Looks pretty good to me but they are freaking huge for a laptop and all that tech will make them pretty expensive.

Hope someone can offer more help, GL.

Clevo is the biggest builder of the platform that almost all custom notebooks are being built upon.
    If you want to find reviews, look for Sager or whatever, they are made of the Clevo platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad has a CLEVO laptop... while it's still running pretty well 5 years later I'm not sure I'd recommend them... but only because getting driver updates is like drawing blood from a rock. Otherwise if support doesn't bother you though then by all means go for it. They are of fairly decent build quality (Dad's been using his on a building site for 4 of those 5 years) even left it out in the rain once. (Which I don't recommend doing either...)

CLEVO don't seem to actually sell their machines themselves here in England... So make sure whoever is selling the machine is prepared to provide some technical support. In case of things like Webcams/screens/HDD's not being plugged in properly

Most CLEVO laptops are re-branded to the retailers name.

Clevo is sold as Sager in many countries, you'll find reviews online for one or both. Most of the medium-sized gaming computer builders like iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, Digital Storm etc sell Clevo/Sager rebranded with their own name as gaming laptops.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

wow thanks for all the quick responses and helpful replies everyone!

The main thing i'll be using this laptop for is battlefield 3 at mates houses etc, looking for around high settings at a comfortable framerate.
    can any of you guys help me out picking one from http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/store/8_clevo-horize most of them you can kind of customize, i believe i won't be needing an OS as i can use the one from my imac i have windows 7 in bootcamp.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, before we can recommend one, it would be great to know your budget for the laptop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a barebone gt780dxr with a GTX 570m for 1,200$ on xoticpc.com a few months ago, to bad I never use it.. Runs anything though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    Well, before we can recommend one, it would be great to know your budget for the laptop.
    oops haha sorry i forgot to mention that, i'm looking to spend around the 1500-1700 AUD mark
    Last edited by olli576; 2012-01-08 at 12:37 PM.