Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The level 10 wall of doom.

"Hi new player! You have reached level 10! Now quickly choose between two speccs! Have fun, and the choice is irreversible!"

I´m now stuck at two level 10 characters, this is a serious design flaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? There's information allover the web. How hard is it to figure out what you want to play? Seems more an issue with you yourself being indecisive than the game itself.

How is it a design flaw? Most MMOs you select your class at level 0.

At least this one gives you a slight taste of both before you have to choose.

10+ Year Old Account
    So go to your trainer and choose...?

0/10

10char

Deleted
    Because leveling to level 10 takes ages right?

The advanced classes are mostly dramatically different to one another. Choosing between one of them should be fairly easy if you have an idea what you want to go with.
    If you don't, try one out and level it to 20. Don't like it start over. Doesn't honestly take all that long. There's no rush to get to 50 anyway.

I don't see how this is any different to starting a game, picking a class at level 1 and finding out you don't like that at 20.

Where's the problem? You're indecisive or something?

Worst case scenario: you make the wrong choice. Oh noes. Make a new character, blast through the starting zone (takes 1-2 hours at most, less if you're skipping dialogue), and make the right choice. How is that any different to rolling a new character in a different MMO, deciding you don't like it and re-rolling?

Not a design flaw. Don't blame Bioware for your own indecisiveness.

Deleted
    Noone's fault but your own if you don't inspect the ACs when you make the choice.

no, you kinda miss the point entirely. they arent speccs, they are CLASSES. you are choosing between two classes with shared resource mechanics and story... Clearly its blizzards fault too when you cant decide if you want to be a warrior or a paladin.

Sounds great, so you mess up your choice later on, and you have re-spend hours on content that was kinda boring the first time through. Great design decision, no doubt.

Don't mess up on your choice. Read the descriptions. They are there to read when you roll your toon. They are there to read when you are level 10. Maybe BioWare needs to add NPC's who will describe each advanced class out loud for you. Oh wait, they already did. You get to read the descriptions twice and then you get to listen to them, and then you get to choose when you are ready. Become ready. And don't mess up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Sounds great, so you mess up your choice later on, and you have re-spend hours on content that was kinda boring the first time through. Great design decision, no doubt.
    How is this different from every other MMO?
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    I guess most people see 4 classes when they create their character and don't realise that there are 8 classes available. They keep seeing them as specs.
    I might be handy do show the advanced classes in the character creation screen as well though. Good exaple is the Inquisitor/Counseler, the advanced class of that one is completely different.

Time to stop up, slow down, listen and read to what the npc's have to say, it's not a race.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ "...this is a serious design flaw..."
    So do some research and choose.

At the character select screen, there are tabs that tell you what each of the classes can become. The tab tells you the roles of each of the advanced classes, their armor type, and the weapons they use.

You spend an entire 10 levels in a starter world to see which style of gameplay you like more.

The quest you receive when you first arrive tells you about the decision you're about to make and what the difference is between your two advanced classes.

The NPC you speak with in order to select your advanced class gives you the two advanced classes compared side-by-side. It even allows you to look at the talent trees of each advanced class.

So unless you're just clicking all over the place ALL THE TIME, you have no one to blame but yourself.

For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by slx View Post
    I might be handy do show the advanced classes in the character creation screen as well though. Good exaple is the Inquisitor/Counseler, the advanced class of that one is completely different.
    They already do. Top of the screen, along with abilities, combat roles and story.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hi new player! You have reached level 10! Now quickly choose between two speccs! Have fun, and the choice is irreversible!"

Its not a design flaw, think before you post silly comments.

What class are you? Which type of gameplay you prefer?

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    LOL @ "...this is a serious design flaw..."
    So do some research and choose.
    ''Research??? woot but i just want to play the damn game, not study like im at school.... /cry'' consolegamers mindset.
    -K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    no, you kinda miss the point entirely. they arent speccs, they are CLASSES. you are choosing between two classes with shared resource mechanics and story... Clearly its blizzards fault too when you cant decide if you want to be a warrior or a paladin.
    or shoot arrows instead of arcane blast.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 02:00 PM ----------

and BTW you dont need that advanced class for leveling to 10--->50. You can always choose it later...

For me it seems that you dont have any self-esteem points left.

Deleted

not really, its an easy way to make 8 classes have 4 story lines, basically pick the class you want to play before level 10, the four options you get in character creation are basically a choice of what story you will play