Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Addon That Tells You How To PvP

Ive noticed a lot now since I've been gone that it seems like people have amazing skill. I know this cannot be true. I know there has to be an addon or macro that basically plays their character for them. And what I mean by that is.

I cast something. Lets say for instance, its a 2.5 second cast. By the time im .2 seconds into it, I get silenced. While I was doing a bunch of bgs and arena today, I noticed that it seems like everyone is doing this. Just amazing lightning fast reflex speeds and perfect counter rotation speeds for cc between characters.

I know some people use macros to pvp. I consider it cheating. But thats my 2 cents.

On the other hand, I've gone 26-1 In arena during 4.2. Its almost impossible for me to do anything as a disc priest with the constant silence, interrupts for 4.3. Its like they dont even become immune to me after the 3rd try. Just constant perfection of silencing and interrupts and fears.

This isnt so much a rant. Im actually curious if there is a program, addon or macro that allows people to interact with each other for this.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    a bot? but on more serious note. there are addons that track when something is being casted and by who. so you know who to interrupt and when.

You should probably just quit if you think macros are cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    On the other hand, I've gone 26-1 In arena during 4.2. Its almost impossible for me to do anything as a disc priest with the constant silence, interrupts for 4.3. Its like they dont even become immune to me after the 3rd try. Just constant perfection of silencing and interrupts and fears.

This isnt so much a rant. Im actually curious if there is a program, addon or macro that allows people to interact with each other for this.
    There is no new functionality in 4.3 that addons or macros didn't have in 4.2...

maybe its cause your a disc priest? I know personally Disc is my number one inturrept/cc priority because they are so damn hard to actually kill.

and ppl have /focus macros and focus cast bar addons. Some ppl have macros that target whoever is moused over.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiatorlossa would be the closest thing I could think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will have to agree with the OP. There's simply no way one could interrupt your cast as soon as you press the button for said cast. I've experienced it alot in BGs and some in arena.

Sure, I've had some lucky interrupts where I accidentally press my interruptbind exactly as the healer/caster I'm fighting uses a spell with cast time. But considering how often it happens in BGs I'm starting to believe that there is some sort of 3rd party software involved.
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Kneegaplz View Post
    You should probably just quit if you think macros are cheating
    If i have to rely on a macro to do all my work for me, then yes, its a cheating feature. Sorry but it is. Thats like saying, Oh well, I type in this code whenever I want and it does everything for me instead of me having to do it manually.
    And im a boss when it comes to Disc even in being bg and arena. But I struggle to death even on the easiest combos now. Just because of the sure lack of abilties because of the constant interupts, silences and fears. Makes me want to go play a melee class ffs.

I think you are confusing macros with something else

Getting hit by an AoE silence (avenger's shield, etc.) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I will have to agree with the OP. There's simply no way one could interrupt your cast as soon as you press the button for said cast. I've experienced it alot in BGs and some in arena.

Sure, I've had some lucky interrupts where I accidentally press my interruptbind exactly as the healer/caster I'm fighting uses a spell with cast time. But considering how often it happens in BGs I'm starting to believe that there is some sort of 3rd party software involved.
    If its a blanket (like spell lock or CS) its very possible that they just went to blanket you when you started casting, which sucks, but it happens. If its a melee they are just anticipating and kicking before you actually cast.

Deleted
    as an experienced mage in arena who usually plays with a disco priest, i would suggest that you pretty much pillar hump, it's really the only way, and your partner is just bad if he can't help you sometimes. i mean, it cant e stopped every time, e.g. stunning the kill target at the same time as silencing his partner or w/e in 2s, but other than those kinds of things you and your partner should be able to help eachother more

but no, there's nothing new that tells people how to play

Deleted
    So you mean we aren't allowed to use a method to prevent fake-casting, while you are allowed to use a method (IE fake-casting) to counter interrupts? And no i'm not talking about interruptbots, i don't know anything about that. As far as i'm aware, good MS, focus and reactiontime of 0.2-0.3 sec, as well as knowledge and prediction is easily achieved through practise. When i'm fighting priests and paladin healers, i will be looking for casts.

About the macro-statement; you do realise that almost everyone uses macros in pvp? Not advanced ones, but the simple ones i believe, such as trinket + dmg cooldown. You'd consider those cheating aswell? I agree with the person saying that you should probably quit then, because macro's aren't able to do wonders, its just to combine simple tasks you can do by yourself, but is there for lazy people . Me myself i aint using that many macros, just some focus macros, cooldownscombinders and such...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0wn3d View Post
    If its a blanket (like spell lock or CS) its very possible that they just went to blanket you when you started casting, which sucks, but it happens. If its a melee they are just anticipating and kicking before you actually cast.
    Hmm, of course that could be the reason. Though I've faced far too many 'anticipations' lately.
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an inturupt bot that is being used, been getting on my nerves for a few weeks now as i play a disc priest too.. i wont link it but it wasnt hard to find.. and like you say its lit the very second you start to cast your silenced/kicked..way way to fast for anyones reactions considering latency etc the other problem is so many classes have so many silences and inturupts its becoming a bloody joke... last couple of months have really made me start thinking if i should keep paying my money to play this game..

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    There is an inturupt bot that is being used, been getting on my nerves for a few weeks now as i play a disc priest too.. i wont link it but it wasnt hard to find.. and like you say its lit the very second you start to cast your silenced/kicked..way way to fast for anyones reactions considering latency etc the other problem is so many classes have so many silences and inturupts its becoming a bloody joke... last couple of months have really made me start thinking if i should keep paying my money to play this game..
    Yeah exactly. I found myself straying away. I was having fun pvping, but now, I cant even play my priest without getting gangbanged every second im on the field. Im a cloth tank for pvp lol. Its not fun. I heard a few people on my server say they even quit playing their warlocks and mages because of it too.

I think you have no idea what a macro is, which leads me to believe you are just being interrupted because you don't know how to juke/fake cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I went up against a hunter in the arena a few days ago that juked my Skull Bash on his Fear Beast EVERY SINGLE TIME, and then would start casting it instantly after i hit him. No matter at what point did i skull bash, instantly after my bash, he'd cast it again.

The only time i hit him was when i casted Skull Bash to catch up to him and he just so happened to cast Fear Beast as i was already at him.

Every single time, perfectly, probably 20 times or more he got this. I'm sorry but no way can you be that precises ever single time. It was like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    I think you have no idea what a macro is, which leads me to believe you are just being interrupted because you don't know how to juke/fake cast.
    I know what a macro is. Anywho, What would I fake cast and why bother? If I get silenced or interupted, I cant use anything.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 09:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I went up against a hunter in the arena a few days ago that juked my Skull Bash on his Fear Beast EVERY SINGLE TIME, and then would start casting it instantly after i hit him. No matter at what point did i skull bash, instantly after my bash, he'd cast it again.

The only time i hit him was when i casted Skull Bash to catch up to him and he just so happened to cast Fear Beast as i was already at him.

Every single time, perfectly, probably 20 times or more he got this. I'm sorry but no way can you be that precises ever single time. It was like clockwork.
    EXACTLY. lol. Something is going on here and Im left out on the streets without any clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    i was going to say this