Question about endgame gear

So as I start gathering gear from hardmodes and operations I've noticed that most epics only have two mod slots. Would you be better off removing the mods from these items and putting them in gear with three mod slots? Even in the case of tier gear unless your set bonus is amazing I can't see the loss of 4 mods being worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    So as I start gathering gear from hardmodes and operations I've noticed that most epics only have two mod slots. Would you be better off removing the mods from these items and putting them in gear with three mod slots? Even in the case of tier gear unless your set bonus is amazing I can't see the loss of 4 mods being worth it.
    Wasn't it that the Armoring Mod is "fixed" into the item, thought I read something like that... to make people interested in new gear from a new instance...
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

exaclty
    epics have two slots and some hard stats on it
    imagine the third mod slot to be there hard stats. and since there are no items with 4 mod slots, no, your idea is not worth it.

Deleted
    As poster above said, the Armoring is fixed into the item, and the Armoring in these items is normally a lot better than what you will find with standard armoring. I might be wrong but the best moveable armoring is epic 22, whilst the stuff in Rakati gear is 24 I think.