2x120mm fans OR one 200mm fan for Intake?

I recently purchased a Cool Master HAF 912 for a new build. I can either put 2x120mm or one 200mm fan at the front of the case for intake into the case. Which would be better in terms of airflow, performance, and noise level?

(Sidenote: if I get the 200mm fan, I'll likely mount the 120mm that come with the case as a side intake fan.)

Thanks!

bigger fan means less rpm so less noize i think, thats all i can come up with.

The noise level is dramatically lower with low RPM, and big fans push a lot of air despite the low RPM. In terms of airflow it varies by case, but here I think you won't see a distinct difference.

You should not compare sizes but air flow and noise (if you care about it). Air flow depends on fan size, RPM, blade profile and the number of blades. Noise depends on all those and also on bearing technology.

Look for fans that have the highest possible air flow while keeping the noise at a comfortable level for you. If noise is not an issue, pick up fans with the highest possible air flow but keep in mind to pair them with outtake fans that have the same (or slightly higher) air flow.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're buying from Newegg, and most other places, they will list the specs for the fans. The bigger one will almost always create less noise, but in terms of actual flow and performance you'll have to compare the two options.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I have the HAF 922 with many different sizes of fans in use. The 200mm fans will give you a quieter machine, at about 110 feet per minute. Two 120mm fans will give you a slightly louder machine, at about 140 feet per minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a single 200mm fan. Trust me. I have on in my CM storm sniper and it pushes a lot of air and it is quiet compared to if there was 2 120mm fans there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting