Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Well I don´t see what is wrong with his opinion ?? If he likes it then why not ?? OK you don´t like it thats cool and all but you know there is no need to feel sorry for his own taste !! I will buy it to just because I need another game to play whilst waiting for Diablo 3.

Just chill down bro !!
    I'm pretty chill, really.

I just said I'm sorry for his awful taste in writing.

Previous Final Fantasies weren't exactly being voted for Best writing ever done, but it was good.

Dialogue in FFXIII is cringe-worthy. It's written by the same people who did another game full of awful writing, FFX-2, so no surprise there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    I'm pretty chill, really.

I just said I'm sorry for his awful taste in writing.

Previous Final Fantasies weren't exactly being voted for Best writing ever done, but it was good.

Dialogue in FFXIII is cringe-worthy. It's written by the same people who did another game full of awful writing, FFX-2, so no surprise there.
    Although I really liked FFXIII, I'll have to agree with the terrible writing-thing... just the shitload of names for everything is ridiculous, you HAVE to read the datalog to even remotely understand what everything is when playing through it the first time... L'Cie, Fal'Cie, there are way too many words that haven't been used before >_>
    But I can't really agree with you on the story-part... yes, other FFs had awesome stories, but FFXIII is more focusing on the characters themselves, which is something different, but not THAT bad. Think of FFVII, which had an awesome story, but barely focused on characters other than Cloud, Aerith, Tifa and Sephiroth.
    The many changes of the playable party were kinda annoying though, same as the too-linear playstyle, combined with the parties playing so damn differently... Commander/Ravager for 1.5h, then suddenly it's Ravager/Ravager or Ravager/Manipulator which you have to get accustomed to and 1.5h later it's different again, that was kinda bad....

Just want players to not flame FFXIII and FFXIII-2 too much, yes, XIII did some stuff wrong, but they tried to make the game more modern and implement intelligent changes, which you can now see in FFXIII-2.
    And you gotta admit, the combat system of I to X is nearly identical and simply OUTDATED.
    But yeah, I can see why some people don't like where FF is going, away from the old combat system, (weird story :/) and especially QTEs are something a lot of players don't ever want to see, although I've got to say after playing the demo that they're at least really well implemented.
    Here's another way to see it:
    You guys are like people who want Vanilla WoW back, because everything was better there - but Blizz are not listening to you, because that'd be just idiotic. You liked the old and don't want any change at all, which goes against human nature >_>
    Things have to change, which is ESPECIALLY true for games.