Thread: Heroic Yor'sahj

Heroic Yor'sahj

So my guild finally got in a good attempt where we actually made it through the super combo. But we ended up hitting the enrage at 20% (with a person on boss full time). I was wondering what are some good tips on this fight to increase the damage my shadow preist is doing .

Attempt we wiped to enrage - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=8972&e=9570

i couldnt tell you anything about priests or yourself.

but your shamans are amazingly low especially the elemental i'd imagine the mage is as well.

as elemental i'd be pulling 33k+ single target with bad rng, with CL as well should be 40-50k, so he should be doing at least 15k more dps, i mean only 9 fulminations in 10 minutes? only 34 lava bursts? even one every 10 seconds = 60, minus CL time you wouldnt lvb....34 just seems way too low.

but with your setup you MUST get that +8% magic debuff on the boss somehow, see if you dk would be willing to go unholy, with so much magic damage from your setup not having it is costing your raid a lot of dps.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2012-01-11 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Well first of all, i can't see any flask/food at his logs, i guess he didn't use any. Consumables are really important and cheap, must have.
    Also, link his armory then i might be able to give more input. As the above poster said, the shamans are really low as well, but the mage is terribly low as well, he should be topping. And also as the above poster said, there is no 8% spell damage done debuff at the boss (curse of elements/unholy DK plague)

I've killed him once as a shadow priest, looking forward to wiping there a lot this week as well. I've been thinking a bit of ways to improve as I was at the bottom of the meters. :-(

How far away from the boss do you have to run to dps the ooze? The better your overall raid damage is, the later you can wait. Our shaman healer wants me to run along the melee to get chain healed (fat chance!), whereas I would prefer to stay in range of the boss until the ooze is also in range. This makes a big difference in dps, both the movement itself and range issues with keeping dots up on the boss. At the very least, refresh your dots before you run off.

I don't really know the best rotation on the ooze. Videos I've seen have priests dot and flay, doing the normal rotation. But if the oozes go down fast, Mind Spike and Mind Blast might be more effective (especially if you are late so the ooze is already <100% health). Either way, you have to be fast to get both Shadow Word: Death in. Don't even start casting anything else if it's close to 25%.

When it comes to the black adds, nothing to it except to Mind Sear, but there is also the second set of adds from the black and yellow combo, they usually linger around while dps has to kill the next set of oozes. Multi-dotting opportunity.

Other than that, you will lose some dps by using Hymn of Hope (and saving Shadowfiend for) the blue phase, but it's part of the fight.

Deleted
    /reports/sct0awlonwf07wrz/details/49/?s=8972&e=9570
    If you look at the damage done to the boss by say the mage, and divide that number with the duration of the fight (~600) you will notice that his boss-dps is below 11k. Your top boss-dps is approximately 18k. Looking at these numbers its quite obvious that you meet with the enrage timer.