Thoughts on Maplestory.

Interested on everyone's thoughts on maplestory.

If you want a casual game and want to grind a lot, it's alright. Just avoid the community. If you want to get into it even remotely seriously though, well... don't do that. Ever. There's no reason to. It's got years worth of casual content to go through, a few interesting classes, leveling's not honestly that slow, and there's random events going on basically all the time that gives you something relatively mindless to do. I went alone when I played, but it'd probably be much more interesting with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    If you want a casual game and want to grind a lot, it's alright. Just avoid the community. If you want to get into it even remotely seriously though, well... don't do that. Ever. There's no reason to. It's got years worth of casual content to go through, a few interesting classes, leveling's not honestly that slow, and there's random events going on basically all the time that gives you something relatively mindless to do. I went alone when I played, but it'd probably be much more interesting with friends.
    What's so bad about the community? Immature?

Quote Originally Posted by WayCoolJr56 View Post
    What's so bad about the community? Immature?
    Horribly so. I can't even begin to explain how bad the community is. There's a few good spots, but most of it is a trainwreck. WoW's enlightened by comparison. Some guilds are alright (mostly people who've been playing for a long time. For example, Team Liquid has a guild on there), but the average person you find speaks broken English, spams emotes, steals kills and insults your mom. And the drama... Oh God, the drama.

It is however easy enough to avoid people, and probably way less of a problem if you play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Horribly so. I can't even begin to explain how bad the community is. There's a few good spots, but most of it is a trainwreck. WoW's enlightened by comparison. Some guilds are alright (mostly people who've been playing for a long time. For example, Team Liquid has a guild on there), but the average person you find speaks broken English, spams emotes, steals kills and insults your mom. And the drama... Oh God, the drama.

It is however easy enough to avoid people, and probably way less of a problem if you play with friends.
    Well thankfully i have friends, but it seems like all these free online games kind of cater to younger kids, TF2 being free and Runescape are fine examples.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it for a few years, but with my friends, that was great, had loads of fun, though the community is mostly griefers and drama-queens. There are nice people ofcourse, but people take it way too seriously sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    I played it for a few years, but with my friends, that was great, had loads of fun, though the community is mostly griefers and drama-queens. There are nice people ofcourse, but people take it way too seriously sometimes...
    People take WoW quite seriously as well.