Enchanting 351
    Tailoring 380
    Alchemy 150
    Jewelcrafting 110
    Herbalism 182
    Mining 170
    Blacksmithing 167
    Fishing 350

I was going to level enchanting and tailoring first. Getting mats for enchanting is either very expensive to buy or very time consuming to farm and now I'm not sure if it makes sense to do that first. Tailoring is easy to level but it doesn't seem to be very profitable on its own.

I need a plan for how to go about leveling my professions and I am looking for help with that.

Which professions are on which character? :S

I think the rather generic advice would be to level the gathering professions first and use the gold to fund the others. But each sever is a bit unique in that regard. Do you know what sells well on your server?

I would level mining/herbing first, use the mats to lvl Alchemy/JC, then cut and transmute gems for lots of $$$ the gem market is crazy atm.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    Which professions are on which character? :S
    I'm not sure what you are asking. If you mean character level, they are all 80 or 81.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahfireworks View Post
    Do you know what sells well on your server?
    No. I don't know how to determine that other than doing a lot of selling to see what sells.

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    I'm not sure what you are asking. If you mean character level, they are all 80 or 81.
    He's asking which two professions are on any one character?
    Like do you have mining/blacksmithing on one character... and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    He's asking which two professions are on any one character?
    Like do you have mining/blacksmithing on one character... and so on.
    Here is the list split out by character.

Enchanting 351
    Tailoring 380
    ---
    Alchemy 150
    Jewelcrafting 110
    ---
    Herbalism 182
    Mining 170
    ---
    Blacksmithing 167
    ---
    Fishing 350

I'm interested in hearing how that impacts which professions to level first.

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    Here is the list split out by character.

Enchanting 351
    Tailoring 380
    ---
    Alchemy 150
    Jewelcrafting 110
    ---
    Herbalism 182
    Mining 170
    ---
    Blacksmithing 167
    ---
    Fishing 350

I'm interested in hearing how that impacts which professions to level first.
    Well, my thoughts on it at least, is that if you have all the gathering professions on one character it's faster to level them since you can go out with your mining/fishing/herbing character and just harvest everything you come across; instead of going back multiple times on different characters. If that makes any sense...

(Also am a 'she' btw)

Pretty easy choice if you ask me...herb/mining FIRST will provide mats for alchemy/JC/and BS.. killing mobs will also get your cloth for tailoring and gear for enchanting.. plus you get the bonus points for levelling!

I read so much about bots that gives me the impression gathering professions aren't very useful.

Deleted
    I, too, would suggest getting your mining and herbalism maxed soonest. Doing so will make leveling your other professions (tailoring aside) much cheaper.

I would then level JC-ing first - but KEEP all the stuff you make. When you come to leveling your enchanting, you can DE the items you made whilst leveling your JCing to help move your enchanting along. You can do the same with the things you make when leveling your blacksmithing, too.

Once your JC is to the point where you can access the dailies I'd be wanting to get my alchemy or enchanting maxed next as both are great money makers. After that, I'd level the rest whenever.

Deleted
    If you have a little cash to use on this, then I'd suggest dropping tailoring in favor of inscription. I recently leveled a shaman from 1-85 and just started working on the professions. Yesterday I spent 5kish on leveling inscription from 1-525. Now I've sold for about 2.5-3k worth of glyphs and still have around 10k worth of glyphs. If you do it smart and craft the most profitable glyphs to level the profession you can easily make money by just going from 1-525.

If that isn't an option I'd suggest checking this site: http://www.wow-professions.com/profe...eveling-guides for a checklist of mats you need to gather with your herb/miner for your JC/alch. Once you've gotten herb + mining and JC/alch leveled up you should end up with it not having costed you anything at all. Again - If you have a little cash you can level your enchanting some aswell to complete the elementium shuffle which is insanely profitable atm.

If you have absolutely no gold:
    1. Use herbalist to get mats for insc 1-475ish is all thats needed. Sell glyphs
    2. Use herbalist to get mats for alchemy up to 525.
    3. Use mining to level JC
    4. Start prospecting elementium ore (the more the better) -> Save uncommon gems except zephyrite to make rings/necks + inferno ruby xmute later
    5. Powerlevel enchanting up to the point where you can DE cata greens (425 i think)
    6. Craft JC ring/necks and use mats to level enchanting to 525
    7. Elementium shuffle (= buy ore -> prospect -> craft rings/necks -> DE -> Sell enchant scrolls. Use carnelians to xmute to inferno rubies and sell them cut. str int and agi)

If you DO have some gold to use:
    skip the gathering parts and just start at step 4 after having powerleveled the required professions.