Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

SWTOR=My favorite MMO ever

Swtor is incredible. I've never had an experience with an mmo where I didn't consider leveling as just a means to an end so I can get to end game. I haven't even given end game a thought yet. I've never played an mmo that made me feel this way. It's always the same thing with mmo's to me, mindlessly level up so that I can get on the end game train. This game just feels different, lime I'm playing a multiplayer mass effect in the star wars universe. It just feels right. Combat is quick and responsive. I guess if your having problems its on your computers end, because I've never experienced combat lag. I would give my wow annual pass to a guild mate or friend, but theyre all playing tor

just saying, this is not going to end well.

OT: i do agree with you the game is incredible and im having a lot of fun, never have i taken my time to get to max lvl before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    just saying, this is not going to end well.

OT: i do agree with you the game is incredible and im having a lot of fun, never have i taken my time to get to max lvl before.
    Juggling 3 toons I hear you on that. I just hit the Dune Sea on my Merc OMG its beautiful. I called my girlfriend into our office to show her sand dunes as far as the eye can see. Unfortunately she didnt like being woken up at 1am for my video game.

Deleted
    I can't wait to play it, downloading "English Asset 1" with 1 gb left, only a few more left, right? D: 20 hours downloading so far.

Deleted
    Installed the game on 3 comps, never waited more than 2 hours. I guess your internet connection is not so strong

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions are at the end of the day, just opinions.
    -K

I would agree that the game is quite good. The gameplay is solid, and with a name like Star Wars, no doubt it's going to be around for a long time.

That said, greatest MMO ever? Not by a mile.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freshtendrills View Post
    Swtor is incredible. I've never had an experience with an mmo where I didn't consider leveling as just a means to an end so I can get to end game. I haven't even given end game a thought yet. I've never played an mmo that made me feel this way. It's always the same thing with mmo's to me, mindlessly level up so that I can get on the end game train. This game just feels different, lime I'm playing a multiplayer mass effect in the star wars universe. It just feels right. Combat is quick and responsive. I guess if your having problems its on your computers end, because I've never experienced combat lag.
    It is definitely a nice change of scenery. I really hope that they keep leveling just as it is because that is my favorite aspect of the game. I used to love alts in WoW before they made leveling mindless.

The combat varies from AC to AC. I have found melee classes much smoother than casters.

The quality of creative development is undeniable. How they address the issues that need fixes will determine the future of the game. Really too early to call it anything other than a great change of scenery and nice story.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-01-13 at 06:03 PM.
    I like sandwiches

All subjective, but yea. SWTOR is quite good despite a few personal irks I have with the UI.

I am a long long time wowplayer, and I recently took up SWTOR because I wanted some diversity.
    I simply love the game, and the questing, the story etc. especially playing with a friend the same lvl, it's very good entertainment.
    I still cancelled my subscription already, as I don't see myself playing two mmo's so I will activate my SWTOR account if I feel like doing something else.
    I think all this SWTOR excitement will be lost in a few months, the reason I find it so amazing is that it is new, and it combines aspects from some of my favorite games WoW, Mass Effect etc. also the biggest reason is that it is NEW, all new games has that feeling in the beginning, and few games succeed in keeping it for years. E.G I still love playing Oblivion, Skyrim, Diablo 2, Age of Empires, but games (for me) like Saints Row 3, Trine 2, Arkam Asylum etc. was amazing the first time, but I will not be playing it through a second time.
    These as I said are of course MY opinions and yours may differ.
    All in all I do like SWTOR and I haven't felt the need to power lvl to 50 because the story is so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Really, Sherlock? Don't ever think the OP was forcing his opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Really, Sherlock? Don't ever think the OP was forcing his opinion as fact.
    "SWTOR=Greatest mmo EVER..."
    Actually sounds just like what he's trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All subjective, but yea. SWTOR is quite good despite a few personal irks I have with the UI.
    Is there an Objective way to make that statement? Yeah it's OPs opinion. Now I love the game but would not go as far as OP.

I do have to add though that this is the First MMO that I have played (and played a bunch) that I felt that leveling was awesome. In fact I felt it went to fast and I missed too much of the leveling experience. Once again the first game that I wish XP caps were higher or quest/PvP/Space missions were lower.

But this game is way to early in it's life to say it is the best IMHO
    "Peace is a lie"

Ill agree with you that the leveling is fun, and its a nice change from wow. However, I dont find the combat quick and responsive at all. It feels incredibly slow, laggy, delayed, and totally unsmooth.

Deleted
    its not bad, greates mmo nah
    it feels like a buggy reloaded edition of wow in the star wars universe

not innovative enough to call it "greatest" or even "great".

Deleted
    It's not the "greatest MMO ever", but have said that, it can, if the following and the budget/ development allows it to be great. However, there's always something more novel and tantalizing, and graphically more appealing around the corner. Don't get me wrong it's a good, solid MMO, but it has it's faults just like any other actual MMO. It is just like you said - "like playing a multiplayer" bioware game, in a Star Wars universe online.

Combat is quick and responsive.
    Perhaps you should try some PvP. That may change your mind.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to agree with the OP, i freakin love this game. I have a 50 Assassin and i'm currently leveling a Powertech, 33 at the moment (my guild is full of SI and i like to be different even though i love a rogue type class). I've never had so much fun in an MMO since the original Everquest. I've played UO, Everquest, FFXI, WoW since it came out, along with a bunch of other fail ones in between. I haven't really enjoyed PvP in WoW since lvl 70. I have a blast doing PvP in this game.

I hope they don't change it too much and keep things realm only, seems like more of a community that way. I also hope they don't change the classes around too much in the future. I used to love WoW to death but i hated how it seemed like you were playing a completely different class every patch, and they were nothing like the class you originally chose.

I hate to be "that guy", though I believe we are all looking at the game through rose-tinted glasses right now. Calling it "the best MMO ever" is a very bold statement, & at this point a stupid statement. I am enjoying the Game, though I am able to acknowledge that I am only enjoying it because it is new & exciting. I can pretty much already tell that PvP is going to have a very small community in SWTOR, which is a huge turnoff. The Game will no longer have that "new MMO smell" in a few months & it will whither away, maybe longer I do not know. The Game did not really change anything in the MMO genre, at least it did not change enough. That is what the genre needs, something to revolutionize the way we play it. Great game, I am enjoying it as well; best MMO ever? No.......

Deleted
    Swtor is incredible. I've never had an experience with an mmo where I didn't consider leveling as just a means to an end so I can get to end game. I haven't even given end game a thought yet. I've never played an mmo that made me feel this way. It's always the same thing with mmo's to me, mindlessly level up so that I can get on the end game train. This game just feels different, lime I'm playing a multiplayer mass effect in the star wars universe. It just feels right. Combat is quick and responsive. I guess if your having problems its on your computers end, because I've never experienced combat lag. I would give my wow annual pass to a guild mate or friend, but theyre all playing tor
    Smells like Bioware marketing team to me.

Game is buggy as hell.

Just go to the SW:ToR forums and see for yourself.

Swtor is incredible. I haven't even given end game a thought yet.
    so swtor is greatest mmo because you enjoy lvling?