Am I asking for too much (Addon request)

I want an add-on to move nameplates to a specific place on my UI. To see the nameplates, I have to look to the ceilings in raids to click them. I want them to disappear when the mob is off range to be able to see its nameplates. So the only thing I need is to move them to a specific place. I know its not possible to move them to mobs legs or somewhere.

I believe the nameplates are written in C.

Similar to the Blizzard Floating Combat Text, the only way we can change them with addons in Lua scripts are their appearance or fonts but we can't move things around to different places yet.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I have an add-on to track my Dark Intent timer and I believe that add-on randomly targets (Or checks) people to see if that person still has dark intent. If someone casts DI on the same target, it disappears and it also shows other people's DI targets as well.

What if an add-on is made according to the same philosophy to randomly check targets with nameplates on, put a different clickable unit frames for those on a specific place? Since it will always be checking those targets, health should be trackable as well?

I get what you're asking but there is a big difference between having a timer on your screen and having a clickable frame created in combat.

One of those two aren't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    I have an add-on to track my Dark Intent timer and I believe that add-on randomly targets (Or checks) people to see if that person still has dark intent. If someone casts DI on the same target, it disappears and it also shows other people's DI targets as well.
    What dis addon you speak?

It is a sub add-on inside WarlockReminder. The reason why I realized it is targeting is: When I inspect people while using this add-on, inspect becomes bugged and selects a random person after a few seconds instead and all the gear gets disappeared like: xxxxx, Affliction Paladin. And no gear is shown.

Ahh alright thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    It is a sub add-on inside WarlockReminder. The reason why I realized it is targeting is: When I inspect people while using this add-on, inspect becomes bugged and selects a random person after a few seconds instead and all the gear gets disappeared like: xxxxx, Affliction Paladin. And no gear is shown.
    By the way if this is happening, consider grabbing InspectFix. I highly recommend it.