Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Nostalgic gaming music

So here I was, couldn't sleep again so I do what I tend to do while not sleeping, listening to music on youtube alot of the time they tend to boil down to games aswell.
    While listening to this music I tend to get all emotional saying to myself things like "I have to play this again" or "wow, that bring back memories" alongside a couple of tears.

Today I listened to some megaman themes which I like, the into music for megaman 3 mainly and just looking around really, then I got into the "heavy" stuff.

Chrono Trigger themes and instantly my eyes go into a tearfilled state and I make promises to myself I need to play this game again someday cause its just so brilliant, eventhough I know to myself I won't play it for quite some time cause of other games filling what time I have left of the day.

these two being the main offender now, I tend to listen to secret of mana music aswell cause I just adore the music and the game in general.

I recently bought a Wii to play some more Nintendo games cause I had to and I picked up Skyward Sword alongside it and when I heard

It really was like being hit with a nostalgic frying pan in my forehead, so amazing :P

This song always gets me it really does. I get tears in my eyes listening to this song cause I've played the game so many times and have so many fond mememories from it.

What I wanted to get out of this thread was other people sharing your nostalgic music or game music you just get emotional from really, its not only older games that does this to me, I bought Bastion on steam and some of the music in that is really great and portal/portal 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

I have some very fond memories tied to pretty much all the music and intro themes from Megaman X through X4.

Nothing beats some good old fashioned 8-bit metal.

Too many...
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-01-14 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to top what's here, but this always does it for me.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43IPAGw01IY

The first console game I ever played

Deleted
    Very good OST's here, This is a more modern one but still... to this day it gives me shivers down my spine to think of how EPIC and lovely the story was to Final Fantasy 10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9E8IIBAd_U

(Still a noob and doesn't know how to imbed -.- apologies)

"Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Semi related to topic, but is there a reason why the Chrono Trigger stuff looks exactly like Dragon Ball/DBZ? Or is that merely a coincidence? thanks

EDIT: Quit wiki search gave me my answer. Akira Toriyama worked on it. He also worked on Dragon Quest which I was also going to ask about.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2012-01-14 at 04:51 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am now in a frothing rage because I want to play secret of mana again. Thanks a lot OP.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Semi related to topic, but is there a reason why the Chrono Trigger stuff looks exactly like Dragon Ball/DBZ? Or is that merely a coincidence? thanks
    Because that artwork all came out around the same time and was "In" in Japan. Incidentally, Dragon quest games also have similar artwork.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post

Because that artwork all came out around the same time and was "In" in Japan. Incidentally, Dragon quest games also have similar artwork.
    Nope. It was the same artist, that's why.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Toriyama

10+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Rygarius
    {◕ v ◕} <-- This is my happy emote.
    Paladin

Deleted
    Literally everything from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is pure and solid gold, but for some reason this one slightly stands out. I think it is because I thought this was the hardest boss in the game. Close call between this or the Doopliss theme song which was my favorite chapter.

Roughly the same as my previous, almost everything from all three Metroid Prime games is amazing. It's a close call between this or the boss themes from Metroid Prime 3 but this somehow stands out.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a bit of a childish game in my opinion. However despite the childish nature and the whole ''lets be friends!'' storyline I have to say that PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness are by far the best games I have ever played. This is most likely pure nostalgia and Grovyle my favorite Pokemon being a main character in that game. The music in some of the dungeons are true pieces of art. The two I will link here might not be the best of the lot but they do top over everything else when it comes to nostalgia for me.

(might want to skip to 0:33 for this one)
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-01-14 at 05:10 AM.

For me it must be this... Oh, so many memories (

10+ Year Old Account
    I never get tired of listening to this personally:

/bump/

god this is making me feel old...im only 18 damnit!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KaxJK2c9Onk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9vsC4vT1_kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sFYzjU-C3mA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Daglish, Hubbard and Galway. Mmmmmmm.