Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ill play GW2 no doubt about that,but im not excited for it.Im excited for Mass effect 3!

You're a very hostile person to people who disagrees with you arent you :s
    I don't mind if you don't like the game because it does not have WoW traditional raids.

I do mind if you say there are no raids when dynamic events are raids. You can form a guild with friends and do them with your friends, the community can join in too and it is scaled to match the amount of people so you really don't have to worry about it being taken over and everyone gets phat lootz.

Not saying gw2 is designed in a simple way at all
    You can say it so simple that its complicated to make it work.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's not like having a Trinity-less class system is unproven or a wholly new concept. It's been done before successfully.

I enjoy Warcraft a fair bit but the problem with WoW being such huge game is folks contextualize MMOs by it's design solely. Most MMOs are not like Warcraft at all. Many of them are quite good despite having different systems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doriath View Post
    Ill play GW2 no doubt about that,but im not excited for it.Im excited for Mass effect 3!
    Can't be excited about two things at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't mind if you don't like the game because it does not have WoW traditional raids.

I do mind if you say there are no raids when dynamic events are raids. You can form a guild with friends and do them with your friends, the community can join in too and it is scaled to match the amount of people so you really don't have to worry about it being taken over and everyone gets phat lootz.
    I did specify instanced raids

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    And with that I specified outdoor raids... you must be more elaborate like before!

Saying instanced raids does not explain much.

Curious though, what does instanced do to make it better for you?

Deleted
    This is a video on why large scale instanced raiding content won't exist in Guild Wars 2.

The same way I wasn't excited for the twilight movies. Not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    And with that I specified outdoor raids... you must be more elaborate like before!
    What are you on about? If I say I'm not that excited about it because I don't like that there's no instanced raids how is outdoor raids gonna make a difference. There's a reason why I specified instanced raids and didn't say raids in general. And I explained earlier why outdoor raiding wasn't good enough for me.

And you said, that I said "there are no raids" in a general sense. Look at the second line I quoted, it's pretty obvious there.

I'm done here, this is just getting pathetic from your side

What are you on about? If I say I'm not that excited about it because I don't like that there's no instanced raids how is outdoor raids gonna make a difference. There's a reason why I specified instanced raids and didn't say raids in general. And I explained earlier why outdoor raiding wasn't good enough for me.

And you said, that I said "there are no raids" in a general sense. Look at the second line I quoted, it's pretty obvious there.

I'm done here, this is just getting pathetic from your side
    Saying just instance raids does not mean much, what you explain later was fine.

To me instanced raids are just a specified area not interacting with the world that people can go to in a group.

Well guild wars 2 has that but its just not instanced with a wow comparison like yourself it looked like no raids period because you compared it to instances.

That is why you have to elaborate more.

Never took any interest in the games... so im not thrilled about and the trailers ive seen i havent liked... so what

Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    I mean what the feck? Half of my friends r like meh i´ll stick to WoW even when I said what was coming.
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?

If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised , if something it is the unique pvp that WoW has which is the only thing I enjoy.
    The holy trinity system i love, it works and its great. Ive seen raiding and it looks like a complete mess to me. I like the build of 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.

Endless questing? I love the quest system, its wonderful. It gets you into the story and you learn more about it.

The only reason a game starts getting boring like people claim wow to be is after tons of repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Curious though, what does instanced do to make it better for you?
    Generally just because if the boss is supposed to scale depending on how many people are currently engaging battle with him and arena net tunes the boss for 30 people not communicating to be able to down it
    I'm asuming 30 people who does communicate it'll become a tad bit easy

Also, if it is very highly tuned. And I get 30 friends to attempt it, and then 10 other 11 year olds who can't tell the front and the back of their hand and ruins a very solid attempt. I'd be very very frustrated

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm sticking with WoW but still buying GW2.
    Howay the lads!

I can totally see how people aren't excited for GW2. It's also the same reason why a lot of people are excited for it. It's different.

Generally just because if the boss is supposed to scale depending on how many people are currently engaging battle with him and arena net tunes the boss for 30 people not communicating to be able to down it
    I'm asuming 30 people who does communicate it'll become a tad bit easy

Also, if it is very highly tuned. And I get 30 friends to attempt it, and then 10 other 11 year olds who can't tell the front and the back of their hand and ruins a very solid attempt. I'd be very very frustrated
    I haven't been at any cons, so I haven't played the game, and I might not have every bit of info, but I believe something was said about you couldn't "grief" like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the time to read through this whole thread currently, so odds are good other people have said what I'm going to.

Anyway, the reason I'm not excited for GW2 is because I neither played the first nor have heard a lot about this one. I have pretty much no idea what this game is about, other than the buzzwords and snappy phrases like "no holy trinity" and "no quests" that people throw around. That's not enough to get me excited, and it's not enough to convince me to go look more in depth into what GW2 will have to offer at this point. When the release date comes closer I probably will; I've learned it's usually better not to buy into beta/pre-beta hype about features and such because of how often the game will seem a disappointment after being so hyped up about it (see SW:TOR for a recent example).

So, yeah my reason for not being excited is mainly willful ignorance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I haven't been at any cons, so I haven't played the game, and I might not have every bit of info, but I believe something was said about you couldn't "grief" like that.
    Here are somethings I found on griefing dynamic events:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Flannum
    In the end, stopping griefing is one of our highest priorities. Through our playtesting we’ve already found a few ways in which some of our events could be griefed, and in every case we’ve made changes to stop it. At this point we think we’ve addressed most of these issues, but we’ll continue to be vigilant as we develop the game and will of course take whatever measures are needed to stop griefing after the game is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guild Wars 2 Wiki
    In order to prevent griefing, ArenaNet has developed an array of methods to stop potential griefers from ruining the fun for players who actively participate in an event:

Events never encourage player conflict, and never have fail conditions that can be triggered by players.
    The conditions that may seem to fail an event actually just trigger another series of events.
    Higher-leveled players will be de-buffed in areas that are intended for lower leveled players. An example has been given of a level 20 player entering a level 5 area, having their level effectively reduced to 8, allowing them to replay or complete missed content in that particular area, without making it too easy
    A vid on Dynamic Events: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1013691...Wars-2-Dynamic (check out the section on griefing)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    I don't have the time to read through this whole thread currently, so odds are good other people have said what I'm going to.

Anyway, the reason I'm not excited for GW2 is because I neither played the first nor have heard a lot about this one. I have pretty much no idea what this game is about, other than the buzzwords and snappy phrases like "no holy trinity" and "no quests" that people throw around. That's not enough to get me excited, and it's not enough to convince me to go look more in depth into what GW2 will have to offer at this point. When the release date comes closer I probably will; I've learned it's usually better not to buy into beta/pre-beta hype about features and such because of how often the game will seem a disappointment after being so hyped up about it (see SW:TOR for a recent example).

So, yeah my reason for not being excited is mainly willful ignorance.
    Check out this thread when you have time, it's very long and very informative: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-01-15 at 03:32 AM.