Deleted

Heatsink for CPU or Graphics card?

So I was wondering what would be the best to get a heatsink/fan for ? Would it be your CPU or graphics card? I know it depends much on which one you have and so, but I am running with I7-2700k and MSI GTX 560I SLI.
    I have been looking at the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002VKVZ1A for my CPU.

Get the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B its one of the best CPU coolers on the market and its relatively cheap for how awesome it is. I think it is THE most popular cooler aswell. Should be quick tho, seeïng as there not producing them anymore ( switched to a 'worse' Mugen 3 due to the costs for producing the more awesome Mugen 2 being too high for the price they're selling it for )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caithy View Post
    Get the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B its one of the best CPU coolers on the market and its relatively cheap for how awesome it is. I think it is THE most popular cooler aswell. Should be quick tho, seeïng as there not producing them anymore ( switched to a 'worse' Mugen 3 due to the costs for producing the more awesome Mugen 2 being too high for the price they're selling it for )
    Thanks for the advice, I will look at it.

I have a Noctua in mine (slightly different model, but almost identical), runs cool (2600K I7 at 4.4ghz 33c average at idle) and is also very quiet. The scythe looks like the Noctua (atleast looks like the model I have) but with 1 less fan.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-01-15 at 01:03 PM.

Deleted
    The Noctua NH-D14 is still the best air cooler today...countless tests have proved it.Its expensive tho

IIRC people get a heatsink for their CPUs, generally when they overclock them. A typical stock fan (that comes with most CPUs such as the Intel i5 2500k) is more than enough provided you don't overclock it.

Also, don't most non-integrated GPUs (AKA: Graphic Cards) come with a heatsink?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Get the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B its one of the best CPU coolers on the market and its relatively cheap for how awesome it is.
    Lately I see ALOT more people using/buying a CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ instead of the Mugen.
    It performs roughly the same, but it's cheaper.

Also, being the "best" cooler is a conditional statement :P Some people think the best cooler is the one with the better price/performance, while others only care about performance. I don't think the Mugen is the best performing fan anymore these days either. It used to be though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    IIRC people get a heatsink for their CPUs, generally when they overclock them.
    There's nothing wrong with getting a better aftermarket cooling solution and/or paste even if you don't overclock it. But in most cases it's a "waste" if you don't plan on overclocking, aye. Keep in mind some people cram their entire case full of cables and stuff so the airflow is crappy. Upgrading to an aftermarket fan can drastically lower the temps of a CPU in those cases.
    Last edited by Arachnan; 2012-01-15 at 01:08 PM.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    IIRC people get a heatsink for their CPUs, generally when they overclock them. A typical stock fan (that comes with most CPUs such as the Intel i5 2500k) is more than enough provided you don't overclock it.

Also, don't most non-integrated GPUs (AKA: Graphic Cards) come with a heatsink?
    I think everyone even looking at them is indeed interested in OC'ing (I mildly OC'ed my 2500k to 3.8GHZ and just wanted to keep it safe ). Regarding cooling for GPU's, the only thing you can change is put other vents on it ( for example Zalman VF1000-LED is quite popular ), BUT you do lose the manufacturers warranty when you modify your GPU this way.

Deleted
    BUT you do lose the manufacturers warranty when you modify your GPU this way.
    Yeah I just saw found out about that. And I also want to keep it safe, like you wanted.