Deleted

Static & Motherboards?

I'm trying to figure out a problem with boot; and my question is how will static effect a motherboard? When I turn on the computer, the fans activate for a split second and then the computer turns off. Two motherboards are having this problem and i've tried absolutely everything and the only thing it can be is a problem with the motherboards themselves. Could static have caused this on both of the motherboards?

Deleted
    I'm no Expert but could the PSU be the kicker here?

It is very odd for two motherboards to stop working at the same allotted amount of time.

Deleted
    Chances are slim, but yes, it could have. You should always discharge yourself by touching something like a radiator before working on your pc. It's also advisable to ground your PC. Personally never happened to me though. Have you checked the memory? The cooling of the CPU? The power supply? Keep replacing parts until it works; if it doesn't, it's the motherboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpmdb View Post
    Keep replacing parts until it works; if it doesn't, it's the motherboard.
    I've done this - Which is why i've come to this conclusion

Deleted
    Have you used both motherboards in the same system? Could be a part in there screwing them up.

Try a new/different power supply, I've encountered similar issues that were caused by the power supply. If you've already tried that, then I dunno.