Thread: Mages

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah, mages are known to live for long in Arena once the other team has offensive dispels. :b

Without the current CCs / snares we have, we'd get annihilated even faster in Arena. I do agree that it can be over the top with Iceblock on Cold snap, but if CoC/Frostnova shared the same DR there would be nothing stopping melee from tearing us apart in < 5 seconds.

Try duelling a mage and tell him not to use CoC and Deep freeze.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Cold snap is one of the main issues, I don't know that mages need nerfed completely into the ground or anything extreme. Like many have said I think the main issue is just the way all the abilities line up to make each one stronger than it is on it's own, if a mage can have the CC / snare they shouldn't also have the blink as it currently is. While mastery for a frost mage has to be the worst mastery as far as tuning that blizzard has done. You add it all up and while each on it's own is not OP it just adds up to being that even a keyboard turner can beat melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they need to be nerfed, getting an overhaul and an apparent big nerf in MoP to their control and burst so its all good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    Main source of dmg from mage is when target is frozen. Every healer (and some dps classes like spriests, fdruids, rogues) can dispell frozen effects such as nova.
    Meanwhile main source of dmg for warlock are dots which you can dispe... oh wait, UA there, no sorry, u cant just dispell em coz u'll get 40k hit in da face with silence.
    Shadow priests have dots that are easily dispellable, np bro, using skill spike and then instant skillblast for 40k, LOL target ALREADY below 25%? NP skill word: double 30k SWD jk dead already.

I wont even talk about survivability of locks and shadowpriests compared to mage. You can actually selfheal while mage can only evocate once every arena match.

Everyone who qq about mages are clearly pve heroes who go in bgs with mood like "ahh fuck dat bro, going with 0 resi gonna stomp these suckers with my 404 ilvl pve gear" jk 117k shatter in the face + legendary 68k frostbolt proc = dead (I actually had to make a screenshot of that, but unfortunatelly didn't)

This

( sitll not ten chars ha )

Don't do that. Please make sure to read the forum guidelines before posting again ~ Ultima
    Last edited by Ultima; 2012-01-19 at 07:11 PM.

I think only spellsteal should be nerfed abit, give it a cooldown...6 sec like wind shear. Its just abit too overpowered versus druid healers for example. Its good to use it to steal avenging wrath or power infusion, but they should not be able to steal an entire row of HoTs.

Furthermore, mages are quite balanced. They serve their role like they should, if you nerf frost mages you will see a major shift to the melee classes in pvp. Mages are the typical anti melee class, locks are multiple target dmg - great to create momentum and pull the control of the match towards you, shadowpriests have higher single target damage but less capabilities to crowd control.

The first poster mentioned that mages get more abilities to CC every patch, but this is needed! If they want to serve their role as melee-control-unit, they will have to deal with the new abilities of the melee classes.

I get it that if you play melee and you have a healer who is doing everything except dispelling frost, mages can be an extreme annoying class to deal with. In this case blame your healer, not the mage class.

Words from a warlock.
    Atomic - The Maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    If we are saying that instead of nerfing frost mages we should buff everyone else, on behalf of shadowpriests I would like to request the following:

1) Vampiric Touch should be instant and have Unstable Affliction's dispel effect
    2) Blink
    3) Mind Blast should be instant and spammable, and Fingers of Shadow should proc to give my next two Mind Blasts 3 shadow orbs each
    4) Silence should be an 8 second blanket silence and a 16 second spell school lockout but retain its 45 second cooldown
    5) Shadow Snap should reset all my cooldowns all the time
    6) Shadowfiend should be permanent and spam aoe fears on seperate DR all the time
    7) Psychic Scream should have ignore line of sight, trap you regardless of whether you are actually in range, have a 40 yard diameter, should fear you again if you trinket it but are still in the 40 yard diameter - but should now have a one minute cooldown
    8) Psychic Horror should auto-proc whenever the priest is melee'd
    9) Shackle is now spammable on humanoids (and obviously on seperate DR from all our other shit)
    10) Power Word: Shield should auto-cast if the priest is brought to 50% health

Ok we're "balanced" now - come at me bro ^^

10/10 sheer fucking genious. prob on of the funniest most well thought out post ive seen in a long time. well done

I'm inactive in WoW; and this is pretty laughable. Are people really harboring these opinions on pvp? It's obvious how clueless you are; ever been above 1500 rating? Mage CC, snares, and interrupts are FINE! In fact, mage remains one of the classes with the highest skill cap, wanna nerf something? Nerf pve trinkets in pvp, and nerf the shit out of death knights. The only thing that needs to be done to mages is to return them to the old shatter mechanic, normalize crit and make haste a favorable stat again. As for spellsteal, it's already been nerfed, increased mana cost makes it FINE and is easily circumvented by applying lots of trash buffs making spellsteal a waste of time and mana if you know what you're doing.

People who whine about mage snares and CC are just bad, l2p really, nothing else to say to them.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2012-01-18 at 12:54 PM.

its obvious that a mage needs the CC. they are weak to direct attacks. resil and frost armor is nothing on mages. i can put out alot of pressure on my rogue (without the op pve gear) and so can any other melee.

but with the freezing cc, melee cant get close either. it seems the best solution is to tinker around with the mastery so melee can survive until they get a chance to whack the mage.
    Last edited by Fagnut; 2012-01-18 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'm inactive in WoW; and this is pretty laughable. Are people really harboring these opinions on pvp? It's obvious how clueless you are; ever been above 1500 rating? Mage CC, snares, and interrupts are FINE! In fact, mage remains one of the classes with the highest skill cap, wanna nerf something? Nerf pve trinkets in pvp, and nerf the shit out of death knights. The only thing that needs to be done to mages is to return them to the old shatter mechanic, normalize crit and make haste a favorable stat again. As for spellsteal, it's already been nerfed, increased mana cost makes it FINE and is easily circumvented by applying lots of trash buffs making spellsteal a waste of time and mana if you know what you're doing.

People who whine about mage snares and CC are just bad, l2p really, nothing else to say to them.
    Nerf mastery to the ground so that all mages might try reforging to haste first time in cata and see it work out. Your problem solved.

+ People who defend mages are mages like you or play with mage. Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    Nerf mastery to the ground so that all mages might try reforging to haste first time in cata and see it work out. Your problem solved.

+ People who defend mages are mages like you or play with mage. Nothing new here.
    People who make baseless accusations against mages and their supposed OPNess are people that fail at pvp and need an outlet for said unhappiness with their own play.

Again, cant really say anything else than, practice and learn to kill mages, it's not hard; most are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post

I got mine to level 85 the other week and have yet to do a single battleground or arena at level 85 on them, and people whining about mages still seems pathetic to me. Especially when their entire "argument" involves replacing words in their spells with the word "skill", and basically sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "LALALAnot listening to any reasonable pointsLALALA". That isn't going to convince anyone you have any idea about PVP.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Lol @ all the mages coming in here, ignoring the points brought up, and the obligatory l2p.

Clearly outskilled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rine View Post
    10/10 sheer fucking genious. prob on of the funniest most well thought out post ive seen in a long time. well done
    It sure pissed off the 1500 mages who think they suddenly got 1000 MMR more skilled overnight ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter