Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Movies] Total Recall remake

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386703/

E
    nough said. How dare they touch this perfect masterpiece of death bringing masculinity. And Colin Farell? Ugh. I completely give up on Hollywood now. The only saving grace is Bryan Cranston.

I agree that there is no real reason to make a remake of Total Recall but Colin Farrell might not be that bad.

yeah he has been in alot of crap movies but ive also seen him in a few movies (although not allot) where i liked him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilman View Post
    I agree that there is no real reason to make a remake of Total Recall
    of course.... it makes a LOT of money all these films do

i have never seen a single colin farell movie where he was good. he's an extremely subpar actor, who only gets parts based on his drunken irish 'bad boy' persona.

I'll go ahead and call it, Could have been better if Burt Reynolds was in it.

I don't have high hopes for this one. Arnold was one of the few people that could really pull off the cheesy one liners and still have an entertaining movie. Total Recall was one of my favorite movies, really don't want to see them desecrate it.

Deleted
    I think he did pretty well in "In Bruges", besides that, he is indeed, a sub par actor.

Deleted
    See you at the party Richter!

OT, I disapprove of this movie being remade =(

system of a down - Lost in hollywood

I'll wait here,
    You're crazy,
    Those vicious streets are filled with strays,
    You should have never gone to Hollywood.

They find you,
    Two time you,
    Say you're the best they've ever seen,
    You should have never trusted Hollywood.

I wrote you,
    And told you,
    You were the biggest fish out here,
    You should have never gone to Hollywood.

They take you,
    And make you,
    They look at you in disgusting ways,
    You should have never trusted Hollywood.

I agree with your hate towards Hollywood. I hate their current remake-mania even more. That said, nobody is forcing you or me to watch their crappy movies.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait for a trailer. There's worse movies out there and even more remakes and you give up on Hollywood on this? Pssh. It's got Kate Beckinsale in it, I'll see it.

New and innovative is risky.

Familiar and tried was/is profitable.
    Moo.

Deleted
    The most important question is however .. will the 3 boobed chick be in the remake?

I agree with the rest theres no need to remake this movie its a classic and its perfect as it is tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know what is going through the heads of people to want to remake this?

"We'll remake that Total Recall movie, I am sure no one knows what that movie is, and by ripping it... I mean remaking it, it will no doubt be more superior than the original, I mean really... its not like anyone remembers the original"

Idiots!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I gave up on Hollywood long ago. Now and again, a truly brilliant film comes through, but most of them seem to be made by Tarantino. You know, after almost 20 years at the game, you'd think someone would have overthrown him. Sure, Christopher Nolan did REALLY well with Inception by taking a unique idea that i don't think has been done before, but it's one of the only films that i'd rate up there with Reservoir dogs and such (and i'll be honest, even Kill Bill is far and above most of the crap Hollywood is spewing out).

Remaking Total Recall is just.... bleh. The original was cheesy. Not great, but absolutely not terrible either. Remaking it with Colin Farrell.... yeah, i do want some wine with my cheese!
    Read the top entry Inception?

Considering the original Total Recall is a Philip K. Dick story, Arnold's version pretty much murdered the entire point. Dick's material is tense, dark and paranoid; that was completely bastardized by an action-packed psuedo-comedy. I'm hoping this remake is actually true to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I gave up on Hollywood long ago. Now and again, a truly brilliant film comes through, but most of them seem to be made by Tarantino. You know, after almost 20 years at the game, you'd think someone would have overthrown him. Sure, Christopher Nolan did REALLY well with Inception by taking a unique idea that i don't think has been done before, but it's one of the only films that i'd rate up there with Reservoir dogs and such (and i'll be honest, even Kill Bill is far and above most of the crap Hollywood is spewing out).!
    Hear Hear to that!! Truer Words were never spoken ... Tarantino is incredible. I think the only other movie series I actually give merit to have been released in this 21st century is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. And even then that's not an "Original Story" but just the only other set of movies I've ACTUALLY REALLY ENJOYED in the last 11 years.

I really don't get why you're upset? At least they're using an a-list actor and remaking a movie you enjoyed, you can always love the classic, but there's no reason to hate on a modernization that you haven't actually seen yet.

To those preaching a lack of creativity in hollywood, i'm pretty sure Picasso said it best Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal. Also Tarantino is relative, I feel that art/creativity is to subjective to ever claim it as "good", i.e I see alot of Tarantino as using a high budget to make a film that looks b rate. I hate reading "critics" that think poor quality films are "artsy". If you don't know what i'm talking about read ANY review for the movie "Drive" with Ryan Gosling and then watch the movie. It's Twilight with shitty cars and a Jewish gangster.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Considering the original Total Recall is a Philip K. Dick story, Arnold's version pretty much murdered the entire point. Dick's material is tense, dark and paranoid; that was completely bastardized by an action-packed psuedo-comedy. I'm hoping this remake is actually true to the story.
    But that's We Can Remember It for You Wholesale, which was only very loosely used as a concept for the movie. When I think of Total Recall, I think of that classic from my childhood with Arnie and the three-boobed-alien
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Bryan Cranston is in it and Kate Beckinsale is pretty hot. I will probably watch it regardless.