Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP update from Bioware

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...94#edit1822494

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

FUCK!! Did I just get trolled the whole day ?

Yeah, you got trolled. However, Ilum PVP is still broken without drastic fixes.

Deleted
    No rollback?

There has to be a rollback.

It's amazing the amount misinformation WoW fanboys are willing to spew out just to make them feeling better about sitting around in SW/Org queuing and trolling in LFR.

You want to criticize the game's lack of LFG/LFR/X-server pvp.. Fine.. but if you make up lies, eventually no one gives a fuck... Boy am I glad I gave up on that horrible game that's targeted for 10 yr olds.

User received an infraction for trolling. This infraction is worth 5 points. MMO Champ's forum community does not tolerate offensive language and ridiculing other forum members.

- Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-19 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There has to be a rollback.
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Good enough I guess, if they follow through on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    It's amazing the amount misinformation WoW fanboys are willing to spew out just to make them feeling better about sitting around in SW/Org queuing and trolling in LFR.

You want to criticize the game's lack of LFG/LFR/X-server pvp.. Fine.. but if you make up lies, eventually no one gives a fuck... Boy am I glad I gave up on that horrible game that's targeted for 10 yr olds.
    Uh, what? It wasn't necessarily WoW fanboys who trolled. Hell, it doesn't matter. Even if turrets didn't give valor, players do. 200 valor per kill in fact. Empire players are getting battlemaster by camping Republic spawn.

That's why you leave your patches on the PTR for months.

Bioware! Learn from Blizz's mistakes lol! Why the rush lol...

From the Dev Tracker:

Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post

Must hurt when irony smacks you in the face so hard. ;o

Clearly a... Tr *cough*... Report and move on guys... Report and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post

This is why you let people do character copies to the PTR or let people make pre-mades at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Uh, what? It wasn't necessarily WoW fanboys who trolled. Hell, it doesn't matter. Even if turrets didn't give valor, players do. 200 valor per kill in fact. Empire players are getting battlemaster by camping Republic spawn.
    And republic are getting it by healing turrets, you got crazy fast valor by just throwing heals on random people fighting and the turret.

It appears there won't be a rollback and maybe some players will get punished for excessive PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by fairlycrazy23 View Post
    It appears there won't be a rollback and maybe some players will get punished for excessive PVP.
    Instead of rolling back the valor gains for the day they instead opt to punish players for their valor gains? Yikes. Way to get both Empire and Republic to hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post

WoW fans taking the high road lol..100 of WoW's top guilds got banned thanks to exploits that got reported and Blizzard did nothing about. Yeah try again. Thanks for the laugh.

User received an infraction for trolling which is worth 5 points. MMO Champion is a forum community. In that community we are respectful to other players and other members. Treat other forum members the same way you wish to be treated.

- Cula

Kinda like Rift with their implimentation of resilience. "Well we thought about it, and we're going to put this in without testing it". Yeah that's a winner. In IT we test this shit out before unleashing it on millions of people. I'd be fired if i did that. For some game companies its a philosophy. That said, they are between a rock and a hard place, got to get really quick fixes in so people don't bolt, but people are basal in nature and always find ways to exploit.

It's absurd they will be taking action against people who just used the system they put in this morning.

OT: I also disagree with the above poster getting an infraction. 'Thanks for the laugh' is reprimand worthy nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    It's absurd they will be taking action against people who just used the system they put in this morning.

OT: I also disagree with the above poster getting an infraction. 'Thanks for the laugh' is reprimand worthy nowadays?
    Pretty absurd if they do long bans for it yes, but fine if they just rollback the valor gain or something.

And yeah, I don't see how that was trolling either, at least not anymore than the guy he quoted or 90% of the other posts on this forum.

I was on the swtor irc channel at work today and all they were doing was posting troll posts on the forums and laughing about how entertaining it was. The amount of trolls are unbelievable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    User received an infraction for trolling which is worth 5 points. MMO Champion is a forum community. In that community we are respectful to other players and other members. Treat other forum members the same way you wish to be treated.

- Cula
    try showing the other sub forums the same level of respect rather than being a jumped up snotty wow fan boy

Infracted. Do not discus moderator action in threads. If a you or the user has an issue with moderator action they can contact a super admin or create an appeal.-Conscript
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-19 at 03:23 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind the WoW LFR bans came almost a week after the bug was closed.

Bioware is likely checking into who's experienced suspicious valor jumps, so they don't just rollback everyone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)