Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] Why the 80s hate?

I love all kinds of music. 60s, 70s, 90s... not 00s music, although I love a lot of songs from 2010 and past, which I find odd, but that's not the point. :P

The point is, I love 80s music the most. Half of my songs on my phone's MP3 player is 80s music. Especially synthpop and italodisco. You guys must hate me by this point >:3 but that's what I love. And that's my point - what's wrong with 80s music? You mention 60s music - everyone loves it. 70s music? Everyone loves it. 90s? ...well, nobody talks about that, but when you say 80s everyone runs away screaming. Either that or they shoot themselves in the mouth. What's wrong with it? There's a lot of nice beats in many 80s songs, and I get this weird retro-futuristic vibe from a lot of them. I understand that a lot of lyrics are cheesy, but that can't be the sole reason, can it? I know, people's tastes differ, but I've never seen so much hate towards music than 80s music.

So whatsup with that?

Eh, I haven't noticed too much 80's hate. In fact many people seem to look back quite fondly at the period right now, modern music gets dissed much more these days.

Haven't heard much 80's hate myself.

I don't hate the 80's, but I generally dislike the music trends that happened in that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I don't hate the 80's, but I generally dislike the music trends that happened in that time.
    Like what? Synthesizers? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Like what? Synthesizers? :P
    Synth pop in general has never really appealed to me, but the general bombastic use of it definitely made it a little worse in the 80's. Then there's the whole Glam Metal thing. That isn't to say there weren't good releases, though. Pixies had some great albums, Tom Waits released Rain Dogs (one of my all-time favorite albums), Swans was kickin' it and some great Post-Punk releases also came out. Still, I just didn't really dig it as a whole.

I've never noticed any hate on 80's music.

There is always the 80's noticeable preferred fashion/style of clothing, but that's another story. :P

I'm a big 80's fan myself. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I love all kinds of music. 60s, 70s, 90s... not 00s music, although I love a lot of songs from 2010 and past, which I find odd, but that's not the point. :P

The point is, I love 80s music the most. Half of my songs on my phone's MP3 player is 80s music. Especially synthpop and italodisco. You guys must hate me by this point >:3 but that's what I love. And that's my point - what's wrong with 80s music? You mention 60s music - everyone loves it. 70s music? Everyone loves it. 90s? ...well, nobody talks about that, but when you say 80s everyone runs away screaming. Either that or they shoot themselves in the mouth. What's wrong with it? There's a lot of nice beats in many 80s songs, and I get this weird retro-futuristic vibe from a lot of them. I understand that a lot of lyrics are cheesy, but that can't be the sole reason, can it? I know, people's tastes differ, but I've never seen so much hate towards music than 80s music.

So whatsup with that?
    What makes you think all this? Seems more like you want to be hated for having a different music taste than the majority, which, honestly, isn't all that different because there are plenty of people that like 80's music.

As a teenager in the 80s I grew up on the stuff. I loved everything about it.. Music has never been the same after that.

Deleted
    Just not something i like much I prefer 60s and 70s for pink floyd and 00's and 10's for progressive house and minimal techno.

The 80s had synth pop and the popularization of many genres of metal... what's not to love?

Deleted
    From my point of view, the issue with the 80s is that it happened between the 70s and the 90s.

In the 70s, you had so much quality music, the most prolific of which would be the greatest rock album ever written; Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'.

In the 90s, you've got the whole britpop movement going down. Pulp, Blur, Oasis to name just a few.

It's not that the 80s were bad, it's just that the 70s and 90s were so great.

I'll sum it up in one image:

The rise of Metal in the underground, what's not to love...

And, although I couldn't care less about either, if I had to pick between listening to the 80s pop vs any pop from the 00s and until today, the choice is VERY easy.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    What's not to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Queen didn't begin the 80s. The internet declared that Bohemian Rhapsody was apparently a gift from the Gods, so 98% of internet worships them exclusively in one massive, never ending circle jerk.

...not an entirely serious response but it's at least half true :P

because it's been 22 years since the 80's.

Never heard about 80s music hate. Only ridiculous 80s clothing and hairstyle hate.

I was born in the early 90's, I grew up with 90's music, and that's why I still love it today. I think it's about nostagia.

Most 80's hate I've heard about is refered to the hairstyles & clothing of people, but not much on the music itself... personally I hate the 60's music. I just don't get how so outdated, badly recorded music can still be so popular today.

Rick Astley brought his song out in the 80's that's why people tend to hate it . But the fact that about every mainstream song used synthesizer in the song makes me wish that the 8-'s never happened. I love 70's 90's and early 00 music but hate the 80's and the current music. Too much Lady Gaga and dubstep :@