Resizing frame sizes in Grid

So I've been trying to find an addon or some way to manipulate my frames in Grid kind of like Vuhdo. The behavior I'm looking for at the moment is to find a way to resize the height and width of the frames depending on the group size. So if it's a 10 man raid, it's a specific height and width but if it's a 25 man raid, it's a little bit smaller than the 10 man raid height/width. Vuhdo has this feature, but is there something in Grid that can imitate this?

I haven't seen any such function in the default Grid options, but this looks like something along the lines of what you're searching for.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid-auto-frame-size

Yeah, I saw that. However, after tinkering around with it for a while, it didn't accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Unless that is, I'm not using it correctly...
    Last edited by kairal; 2012-01-21 at 01:56 AM.

Just configure different profiles and switch as needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Just configure different profiles and switch as needed?
    True. This is an option... Though, is there an automated way to approach this than having to manually change it?

Also, the AutoFrameSize addon just changes it from 5 to 10 to 25 to 40 based on where you are (so if you're in BH10, it's gonna change the layout to 10 man, regardless of how many people are in your raid). It doesn't have separate profiles to fix this.

Googling I came across a thread here about using a macro for switching grid profiles, still not automated, but easier than going in the addon options.

Haven't tried it myself, but have a look.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-grid-profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Googling I came across a thread here about using a macro for switching grid profiles, still not automated, but easier than going in the addon options.

Haven't tried it myself, but have a look.
    Yeah, this will probably have to do for now. I came up with a macro for it, but for reason, MMO-Champion won't let me post it until I have more posts under my belt.

Deleted
    Code:
    local f=CreateFrame("Frame")
    local function set(p)
        if Grid:GetProfile() ~= p then Grid:SetProfile(p) end
    end
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(s,e) if GetNumRaidMembers() > 10 then set("raid25") else set("raid10") end end)
    f:RegisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")
    How to use. Change italic parts as appropriate. Untested. Report back with issues.

Ah, I think I get it... Clever. I'll try this out when I get the chance.
    Last edited by kairal; 2012-01-23 at 03:13 AM.

Will have to try this out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    local function set(p)
        if Grid:GetProfile() ~= p then Grid:SetProfile(p) end
    end
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function(s,e) if GetNumRaidMembers() > 10 then set("raid25") else set("raid10") end end)
    How to use. Change italic parts as appropriate. Untested. Report back with issues.
    Found this thread by accident as I was looking for pretty much the exact same thing, something to automatically change my grid profiles for 10/25. I followed the steps from the other thread and use that code to make the lua, changed "raid10" and "raid25" to my profile names. and get this error when logging in :

Code:
    Message: ...e\AddOns\GridProfileSwitcher\GridProfileSwitcher.lua:3: attempt to call method 'GetProfile' (a nil value)
    Time: 05/08/12 01:14:41
    Count: 2
    Stack: [C]: in function `GetProfile'
    ...e\AddOns\GridProfileSwitcher\GridProfileSwitcher.lua:3: in function <...e\AddOns\GridProfileSwitcher\GridProfileSwitcher.lua:2>
    ...e\AddOns\GridProfileSwitcher\GridProfileSwitcher.lua:5: in function <...e\AddOns\GridProfileSwitcher\GridProfileSwitcher.lua:5>

Locals:
    Any help would be appreciated, I know you hadn't tested it

Deleted
    Try:
    Code:
    local function set(p)
        if Grid.db:GetCurrentProfile() ~= p then Grid.db:SetProfile(p) end
    end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Try:
    Code:
    local function set(p)
        if Grid.db:GetCurrentProfile() ~= p then Grid.db:SetProfile(p) end
    end
    Thanks very much, worked great