Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Just a quick question, since I really don't know much about the lore of GW: Is is it really part of the racial identity of Asura to want world domination? Or is that just what some of their leaders want? Or flanderization from the fans?

Follow-up question: Do the other races have such a strong racial identity as well?
    From the GW2 wiki
    The asura value intelligence and intellectual superiority over all other attributes. Individual asura will dedicate an entire lifespan to building a portfolio of successful projects or becoming the foremost expert of some tiny aspect of the arcane. They constantly seek to prove their own intellectual superiority, and by extension the superiority of the asura race. This typically results in asura being arrogant to the point of rudeness towards others, especially towards non-asura races.The asura have quickly established their intellectual and magical superiority over the other races and view them as useful primarily for heavy lifting, taking risks, and asking stupid questions.
    Yes...it's entirely true We truly do deserve our rightful place at the top of Tyria's...admittedly low below us, pecking order

On ur other question though...i'd say that yes every race in GW2 has a very strong racial identity. The books gave a very strong sense of this

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason every time I hear Asura boasting of world domination I get a visual of my kids watching “Pinky and the Brain” Well that and "Stewie from Family Guy".
    Last edited by Vlad Morbius; 2012-01-25 at 02:31 PM.

Well, Brain and Vekk (an asura) from GW were the same voice actor xD
    I do actually think of my asura as stewie though Just, u know...more self reliant and who actually can take over the world rather then just kill his mum.......

Comic appeal aside though.........we rly will rule the world eventually if we don't kill each other in competition first ofc.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    For some reason every time I hear Asura boasting of world domination I get a visual of my kids watching “Pinky and the Brain”
    Sylvari and the Brain
    Sylvari and the Brain
    One is a salad, the other's insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly my thoughts! Salad and main course of every Charr's meal! Oh...and your cookies for desert!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Sylvari and the Brain
    Sylvari and the Brain
    One is a salad, the other's insane
    Oh god, I almost fell out of my chair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I personally resent this.
    There's nothing at all bad with gnomes. They were always just thought to be a bit cutsey and annoying (the music..dear god).

Us asura on the other hand....
    We really are after world domination. There is noting prescribed..we actually do think we should rule the world And rightly so! The sooner you accept this inevitable conclusion the happier ul be in the end

I mean, hey...picking up and carrying things isn't such a bad life after all Ul be higher up than the golems after all
    Which is precisley where u belong

This has been a friendly announcement from your asura masters

Toodles!
    And attitudes like this, while representative of asuras, make me just want to stew you all up in a pot. I don't understand making a race that is intentionally arrogant and annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    And attitudes like this, while representative of asuras, make me just want to stew you all up in a pot. I don't understand making a race that is intentionally arrogant and annoying.
    It's probably the only way to make charr and humans agree with one another. You know, when 2 people are fighting, just focus on a common third enemy. Worked well in history.

Something I haven't understood in WvWvW is, how much can you lose? Can you lose so much that your server can be defeated in the first week, and be unable to join up in WvWvW until a week after, when a new battle starts? Or do the homemaps have a giant spawning ground that can't be lost, so you never get thrown out?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Something I haven't understood in WvWvW is, how much can you lose? Can you lose so much that your server can be defeated in the first week, and be unable to join up in WvWvW until a week after, when a new battle starts? Or do the homemaps have a giant spawning ground that can't be lost, so you never get thrown out?
    If two worlds have enough trust and work together they could keep the third world locked down. Realistically I don't see it happening if world A is decimating world B in their home map that leaves world C with access to the center field and world A's home map to claim resources. Even if two worlds have a number of guilds purposely working together to eliminate the third world there are other players who will attack the assisting server because they don't know they are working side by side, they don't agree with working with an enemy, or there is an opportunity to take resources from them. Of course the amount of players from each world participating being in flux should prevent WvWvW from stagnating, I'm expecting it to be very unbalanced until worlds are sorted out via 2 week reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The wvwvw is continuous. You'll never be "locked" out of it. At the end of the two weeks (the current time period) then the winners are decided, new realms matched up, and you play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    lol....just a bit of asura role-play humour

Deleted
    I think Anet captured the personalities and attitudes of each race perfectly.

Asura are annoying little s***s, Charr are badass, humans are well humans....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Charr are badass
    You misspelt "dumbass".

Im so gonna target those roaches first in WvWvW... no matter what, all asura must die! :P
    Power of the mighty Charr!

Deleted
    You misspelt "dumbass".
    No, no, you misspelt "badass".

Idd they think they so smart, yet they cant even type...!
    We will have them asura like muffins on a bonfire. Slaughter and eat that inferior race! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to college, I know how to spell

I went to college, I know how to spell
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/College_of_Synergetics
    This is where it's at! Studying magic, politics and social theory...basically studying world domination!

Deleted
    You tiny college is no match for my war machine!