Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Maor pets !

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    Any possibility for the "Unicorn" setup to be SLI?
    It could be Sli but you will need a bigger power supply... I believe.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    People doing this kind of setups are horrid. Z68 motherboard for i3-2100... instead of cheaper H61/H67 one. Monitors without comment. Look for Dell U2312M or Dell U2412M
    IPS panels are great for many things, but gaming isn't one of them. Sure, they are becoming faster and faster, but mainly IPS panels aren't for gaming. Also, for gaming, getting the 2600K over 2500K is not justifiable. Not even a bit.

When it comes to SLI or Crossfire, it can actually be a very good decision depending on which manufacturer and which generation of cards one is planning on spending on. For example, in some certain price ranges, getting a Crossfire setup was clearly THE choice with AMD 6xxx series. This will probably be the case with 7xxx series too, after the whole lineup has formed itself later this year.

I knew there was a reason I saved all my coins of ancestry from previous years!

no offense to chaud but what happen to bibi?

Wow, the razer black widow claimed to be better than the logitech G110? What the fuck. Did they even look at the keyboard after razer bribed them to list it there?

Original price is $50 more for the razer, for what? Less features, less buttons... Not worth it.The g110 is an absolutely marvelous keyboard.

And if you want to talk about the keys itself, the g110 is wonderful to type and play games with, and you can hold a shitload of keys at the same time and they are all recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    no offense to chaud but what happen to bibi?
    Offense taken!

He is still here and works with me on just about every news post.

Quote Originally Posted by RadGH View Post
    Wow, the razer black widow claimed to be better than the logitech G110? What the fuck. Did they even look at the keyboard after razer bribed them to list it there?

Original price is $50 more for the razer, for what? Less features, less buttons... Not worth it.The g110 is an absolutely marvelous keyboard.

And if you want to talk about the keys itself, the g110 is wonderful to type and play games with, and you can hold a shitload of keys at the same time and they are all recognized.
    The BlackWidow is just a mechanical switches keyboard option, whereas the G110 doesn't have those switches. It is priced fairly reasonably compared to other options and holds up well for the cost.

I don't have any "deals" with any companies when it comes to making the list, thanks for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    People doing this kind of setups are horrid. Z68 motherboard for i3-2100... instead of cheaper H61/H67 one. Monitors without comment. Look for Dell U2312M or Dell U2412M
    The U2412M has some nasty reverse ghosting and high response times, the ZR24w has lower times and is acceptable for anything that isn't high motion FPS games or for people that are super sensitive to ghosting. It also has better color at default settings.

The Z68 is selected so that a user can drop in an Ivy Bridge chip (hopefully) in the future and overclock. A P67 alternative would save an insignificant amount of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, well the mini pets a nice addiction, it still feels the same thing as always. they could have done like they did with the grinch and give a daily boss in, which gives you 2-3 elder tokens and a chance of a mini pet or mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It should be noted that the pets aren't bound to you. Which means you can trade/sell them to others, even through the neutral AH.
    Sweet, I can get both!

Quote Originally Posted by sawier View Post
    why horde gets the ugly one
    Agreed. I hate to sound like some fashion snob, but... it's too fat. Even though I plan on collecting both, the Alliance version is the only one I'll use. (I like blue and it'll fit well with my troll gal.)
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

With the MoP merging of pets/mounts/achievements it will be interesting to see if you have a alliance and horde version, if they will merge so that both have both.

Sorry chaud but these systems of the month are increasingly becoming a case of brand being recommended over quality.

Some examples:
    - Corsair: you pay for the brand, and a lot of the time it's not worth it

- XFX 6770: why recommend a card that is known to run loud and hot when you can get the Asus model for the same price?

- XFX 6970: the Sapphire model is $5 cheaper. The HIS IceQ model is $5 more expensive and far superior.

- Razer Blackwidow: the worst of the lot. If somebody is going to appreciate a mechanical keyboard, then they should get a real one. If they aren't they should get a non-mechanical keyboard for less money, and one that isn't likely to stop working or trigger keys you aren't pressing or press down the alt keys when you press the space bar. Hell, even a keyboard without that stupid lettering design on the keys would be an improvement. Besides which, Razer have put blue switches in the blackwidow because they care more about the appearance of being "elite" and constantly reminding the user that they have special keys, instead of actually using a switch that would be beneficial to gaming such as red, black or even brown switches.

$5 for the warranty and service is worth it. Far superior is a significant stretch. I am exploring alternatives for Puppy and Dolphin PSUs though, Amazon significantly increased prices compared to last list.

The same thing happened to the backlit version of the keyboard, price went up. If it were a full list I could include the Meka G1 or 6Gv2.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    $5 for the warranty and service is worth it.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Far superior is a significant stretch.
    Call it a matter of opinion, but it is still a better card whichever way you put it, and given this is supposed to be the best of the 4 systems and you're already spending $325 on the gpu, there's no real reason not to pay another $5 for something better and not have to worry about a rebate.

Aside from the addition of pets, the only change I noticed was that the Cataclysm elders are now part of the meta (I deliberately visited the Vash elder last to confirm). I was able to ride around and do all the Midsummer fire collecting/dousing on my alt last year-- leaving only Ahune and King of the Festival for this year. The Extinguishing the Alliance/Horde achievement is still showing as completed for me but Cata/NR are greyed out-- I assume they will be part of the meta now as well. I need to see if I still have coins on my other characters. I don't plan to go around collecting them again but it might be worthwhile to try and sell the pet.

Deleted
    thats alot of tagged links, i guess you rather make 4% off the viewers than linking to newegg or any other site where the parts are overall cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Visker View Post
    thats alot of tagged links, i guess you rather make 4% off the viewers than linking to newegg or any other site where the parts are overall cheaper.
    Pretty sure newegg doesn't ship everywhere.

Just wanted to point out that there is a known issue where some people have had their Lunar Festival achievements reset and appeared they need to start over. If this has happened to you, DO NOT START IT. Blizz is working to restore any achievements you may have gotten previous years, so don't do all that extra work for nothing! It happened to me on my Night Elf Druid (I had one achievement to go, and now technically two since the Cata ones were added to the Meta) and I opened a ticket. Got a response in about a minute and the GM told me that they are working to fix the bug.

In MoP: Alliance Lantern = Solrock. Horde Lantern = Lunatone. /Kappa

Wonder who set up the unicorn comp, it's not that great at all, really..

Deleted
    Razer Naga as the best buttons on the side mouse? I'd go for the Corsair Vengeance M90, it's way better designed for your thumb, much more robust/strong and cheaper aswell.