Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I typically hate underwater areas in ALL games, but ANet seems to understand this common issue and are eliminating every issue I have with water mechanics. I simply cannot WAIT to dive down and swim for entire minutes to uncover lost civilizations and entire events underwater. Honestly that's one thing we REALLY haven't even seen and it's 1/3rd of the game! Also, on the topic of underwater, when do you think they'll talk about cross profession combos for water skills?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I love diving. Got an underwater camera and all that.
    The primal fear mixes with the enchantment of the undersea world. Difficult to describe, but I could spend hours under the water...

I'm loving how much of the game will be underwater. Think it will add so much to the game myself. As Freeway said, it will open up a whole new dimension of playing, with new skills. "lol at Khan"
    What I love about it most I think is...Anet want the underwater to be really engaging. Most games leave you feeling like you can't wait to get out on dry land again...from what I've seen, Anet aren't doing this.
    but...dont your fingers get all wrinkly and pruney?

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I typically hate underwater areas in ALL games, but ANet seems to understand this common issue and are eliminating every issue I have with water mechanics. I simply cannot WAIT to dive down and swim for entire minutes to uncover lost civilizations and entire events underwater. Honestly that's one thing we REALLY haven't even seen and it's 1/3rd of the game! Also, on the topic of underwater, when do you think they'll talk about cross profession combos for water skills?
    it will be difficult with the z axis, unless they make the zones spheres but i dont think it will happen

however im sure there will be combos you can perform, they just wont be "cross profession combos" such as a guardian using pillar of light and the guardian following up with weight of justice followed by his ele friend using air bubble and their necro using sinking tomb to keep the enemy inside the pillar much much longer

or a thief using towline to drag enemies through a guardian's spear wall
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-01-23 at 11:51 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    it will be difficult with the z axis, unless they make the zones spheres but i dont think it will happen

however im sure there will be combos you can perform, they just wont be "cross profession combos" such as a guardian using pillar of light and the guardian following up with weight of justice followed by his ele friend using air bubble and their necro using sinking tomb to keep the enemy inside the pillar much much longer

or a thief using towline to drag enemies through a guardian's spear wall
    Wait, you don't think there will be cross profession combos in underwater combat? I don't see why there wouldn't be; that would be a huge new realm of combat innovation, the already awesome CPC system combined with the already awesome 3D combat you'll encounter in the underwater world. I mean, either way the complexity of combat will increase exponentially with the additional axis, but I would think the opportunity of having wholly new effects for CPCs underwater would be too cool to pass up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Wait, you don't think there will be cross profession combos in underwater combat? I don't see why there wouldn't be; that would be a huge new realm of combat innovation, the already awesome CPC system combined with the already awesome 3D combat you'll encounter in the underwater world. I mean, either way the complexity of combat will increase exponentially with the additional axis, but I would think the opportunity of having wholly new effects for CPCs underwater would be too cool to pass up.
    well 1) we have much less variety of skills in the water
    2) how do you use a 2D field in a totally 3D enviornment? at least on the surface the Z axis is mostly a non issue
    3) do you create sphere zones underwater? how do you show that (2d circles spinning around?)
    4) many players might have enough trouble managing the 3rd dimension of travel and may not want to deal with lining up CPCs

i think theres so much being done right now for underwater play that Anet doesnt really want to bother with creating new CPCs for only water, plus it doesnt seem many of the skills lend themselves to it
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-01-24 at 02:49 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i think theres so much being done right now for underwater play that Anet doesnt really want to bother with creating new CPCs for only water, plus it doesnt seem many of the skills lend themselves to it
    Fair enough, but I can dream!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    Yeah it's quite common, I remember at the start of Wrath people had trouble with Naxx because of the spider quater
    Oh god yes the Spiders in Wrath and onwards are hell creepy /shiver (serious)

ETA: Rift Spiders are even worse when they die they do that shaky leg thing UGH

10+ Year Old Account
    I freaking love water. I hope for lots of underwater exploration for us amphibians. :3

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Seeee? I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is enthralled by the water. In virtually every game I play, I could spend hours diving around looking for things.

I don't know what it is but the oceans and lakes are just. Fantastic to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I love scuba diving and love the ocean in general. I'm looking forward to seeing how the underwater content plays out.

Previous games have always done underwater poorly, at least in a video game context. Interestingly enough, Vashj'ir was absolutely my favorite area of the latest wow expansion.
    OMG! same here bro! Anything aquatic oriented makes me extremely happy, might just be because i grew up around water or something, but i absolutely love it! Even when the underwater combat is sub par like in the other mmos (no offense to them, but trying to target with aoes is AWFUL lol).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a very vibrant and tropical water location (like how vash'jir was). I will probably cry if there isn't at least ONE location like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I really don't care how much content is underwater. I have an Abyss type fear of deep waters and giving me a breathing apparatus is not enough to assuage these primal fears. Sadly I will be missing out on about 1/3rd of the game. Even after getting the zone wide buff in Vashj'ir I still had problems going to that zone. Would make me queasy. I really hope they don't put much more emphasis on it. I hate dealing with water.
    Oh god, I have that fear too. I know what you mean by the "deep abyss" type of fear, but I don't think it just stops there. I think its in general also a fear of wide open spaces. But I don't think it will affect me in-game. Looking forward to what arenanet has in store for us in terms of what stuff we'll find underwater!

Deleted
    i also have fear of in games water becouse i have fear of big water monsters liek hydras and gigant croks shark etc i dont know why its the only thing i fear in my life . however in real life i swim sea sometines

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 08:44 PM ----------

i think its becouse i dont feel i can control a big monster in their own ambient and they would problably just bit me to the dead and i would die in a fuking nightmare place

like this one

Deleted
    ^ I.WANT.PLAY.RIGHT.NOW.

Cute quaggans :3 And nice zone.

Man , I can't wait for gw2 areas in Cantha!