Angry Should i feel angry over lack of GM action?

Hey everyone, so i just finished a WoE and on the second boss a tank ring dropped. It was an upgrade so I was excited and needed it, once the rolls went through however, the hunter had won it. When i asked if i could have it he responded and said he gave it away and the paladin disenchanted it. Do you think a GM should have been able to do something? Or am i just being whiny.
    Aiguille <3

what could a GM possibly do? an item dropped you lost the roll. thats about it nothing to be done story over time to move on

Nothing you can do about it. Sucks but just move on, it'll drop again.

How does a hunter roll need on a tank ring and win over you?

Btw longwood in orlando?

Blizzard has said many, many times "If they can roll need on it and win, it is theirs".

Deleted
    Either you're a druid or somethins not adding up - hunters can't roll on str rings (need) and unfortunetely there's nothing they can do. there are no loot rules in LFD/R highest roller gets the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    A GM wouldn't help here. Once they guy won the roll, he could do whatever he wanted with the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Either you're a druid or somethins not adding up - hunters can't roll on str rings (need) and unfortunetely there's nothing they can do. there are no loot rules in LFD/R highest roller gets the item.
    Except they can lol

Also I noticed this past week that so can my resto shaman. My rSham can also roll on 2h Str Maces lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kardone View Post
    Except they can lol

Also I noticed this past week that so can my resto shaman. My rSham can also roll on 2h Str Maces lol
    The lfd loot system is still in a very basic stage. If you can equip the item (as in you have the armor class / weapon skill), you can roll on it.

That said, GM's don't get involved in loot disputes since to them, if you were allowed to roll, you were allowed to win. Pretty much a case of suck it up and move on.

Deleted
    "Lack of GM action" implies that you have already at least once contacted a gamemaster. Though knowing the typical player that even contacts a GM for this in the first place, it would not surprise me if you wasted the time of 2, 3 or even more gamemasters.

Yes, it sucks that you lost a roll.
    Yes, it has happened to most of us at some point.

No, a GM can, should and will not do anything about this.
    No, you should never ever again contact a gamemaster for these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, answering your question, you are just being whiny.

Blizzard already made it very clear, an item IS NOT YOURS until it is in your bag, no matter how "entitled" you think you are. Healer rolling for tanking ring? Yes it sucks, but if the healer won the roll, it is HIS ring, it was never YOUR ring and will NOT be yours.

When it is a free roll, if I win the roll, I can either use it on main spec, use it for off spec, give it to a friend that is in the run with me, DE it right in front of you, or vendor it, I can do ANYTHING with it, and since I won the item off roll there is nothing the GM will do about it.

It sucks, but that is the way it is.