Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Yeah I think alot of tourists get the wrong idea about LA / Hollywood. It's not really a cool place to visit (of course this is opinion) but too spread out, dirty and not very friendly. If I were a tourist I would go see NYC, maybe Boston, Dallas, New Orleans (probably number 1), Pittsburgh, Savannah GA and Charleston SC
    The Grand Canyon, sunset crater, the petrified forrest, old Tucson.. Yeah I lived in AZ for a few years .. Also yellowstone, yosemite, the redwoods etc. Oregon is also a beautifull place in general.

I do intend to go to the US at some point, it's just a question of when I get around to it. The visa thing doesn't really make any difference to me though - as an Australian with no criminal record a tourist visa would be pretty trivial to get.

Deleted
    I'm quite sure I will never visit US if I'm not forced to.

Deleted
    No, I'd never visit the US.

Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    why would i want to go to the next Police State to come? just thinking of SOPA is a prof of that
    so NO never in my lifetime will i ever got to the US
    Well do you only visit countries where you are totally in check with the government and with no extremist parties ? No offense but that would limit my travel destination list to....well the moon ?
    Anyways I will fly over once again this year job related and will try to attach a couple of weeks visiting distant family.

As an well traveled US citizen don't waste your money unless you contact a person within the US in the area you want to visit which will show you the true heart of the area and the county ...not the BIG sites ...Like new york city time square might seem cool but its as far from the true America as you can imagine . The true America is like in the heart of places like Nebraska or Texas ...in small town where you meet people so friendly they will invite you in there home because they seen you walking down the street . For example if I wanted to see the TRUE Russian culture I would not go to Moscow ...etc etc .

no, not until you fix up your healthcare.
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an American, I prefer to leave this place on my vacations

However, Niagara Falls is a very nice place. Then again, I visited the Canada side. America's got some great places to visit, but Europe is more fun because its so much older.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get all this healthcare talk, not that I don't think it needs fixing, just never looked at a travel destination and said to myself 'wait... what is their healthcare like, because I plan on having major surgery in a foreign country while on holiday'.

Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Lots of places I'd like to see in the US, but traveling there kinda frightens me, so no.
    Just a bit of advice, never go inland, only visit cities on a coast or near a lot of water and you will be fine.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went on a 2 month Holiday around the US and canada in the Christmas holiday of 2010. Loved it and would definitely go again but can't at the moment because it was quite expensive(40k) and would recommend to another non-american. I would never see myself living in the US though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    I went on a 2 month Holiday around the US and canada in the Christmas holiday of 2010. Loved it and would definitely go again but can't at the moment because it was quite expensive(40k) and would recommend to another non-american. I would never see myself living in the US though.
    40K... holy balls dude, I want to party with you I don't know how you could spend 20K a month just on vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    You can't vacation in the US until we fix our healthcare?

What? How does... nevermind.

I probably won't visit US. There are a lot more interesting places to see imo.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I don't get all this healthcare talk, not that I don't think it needs fixing, just never looked at a travel destination and said to myself 'wait... what is their healthcare like, because I plan on having major surgery in a foreign country while on holiday'.
    I was just wondering the same thing...

Deleted
    of course, its on my list of places to go after Canada. thing is the US so big and theres lots to see i will need more than 1 trip

---------- Post added 2012-01-24 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post

i dont go on holiday for the healthcare.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I was just wondering the same thing...
    there are only 3 ways this is going to go.
    1. People who have been and have an opion or want to
    2. People who have not because they just don't want too or have a ligit reason ( money)
    3. Derailing commentary, usually based from a critical foreign eye.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

i don't think they'll let me in after shooting a funny photo with george bush at madame tussauds -_-

Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    With their newest law that allows military to arrest/kill freely anyone they suspect and dislike? No way in hell i'm going there. Nu-uh! I like to live thank you very much!
    Dont be a spy or terrorist and you wont get locked up. And who said they can freely kill you? LoL I hope you're trolling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Why would you be afraid of that? I´m pretty sure most tourists don´t go to gang/crime infested areas wearing "screw the crips" t-shirts.
    my friend did that in florida (think it was in florida) they got lost and ended up in some ghetto, and southern English people look quite out of place in parts like that :P think they left that area pretty quick