Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You already don't need a visa from alot of countries thanks to the visa waiver program anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Its the climate, and the taxes. I would leave if not for the ocean.
    Yeah, i wouldn't leave the mountains no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Yeah, i wouldn't leave the mountains no matter what.
    Oddly enough, I live in the mountains actually. Only 3500 ft, but still kinda nice, the drive is a killer everyday, but being able to pee off my front porch is definitely a plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

im persona non grada in the usa

so even if i would like to go again, i wont get passed security

then again doubt i would

been there twice... east coast west coast

america has nothing on europe

Quote Originally Posted by Wentwell View Post
    I would definitely visit the best country in the history.
    sure... who cares about all the centuries before 1776? The world was full of crappy countries before USA independence </sarcasm>

frankly, there are so many interesting places in the world, where you won't be treated like a potential terrorist/illegal immigrant that I don't see myself visiting the USA any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waskas View Post
    sure... who cares about all the centuries before 1776? The world was full of crappy countries before USA independence </sarcasm>

frankly, there are so many interesting places in the world, where you won't be treated like a potential terrorist/illegal immigrant that I don't see myself visiting the USA any time soon.
    there is so much Hippocracy in your statement it made my eyes bleed.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account

wow, i can barely comprehend the low level of intelligence you used in your post, and you try to call other people things.. seriously..

There are 250-300mil people and the people you are talking about are a minority.

Most people here do not even like the people you are talking about and most of the people you are talking about are radical extremists.

In california most people do not really even care what happens outside of california, it's a really laid back place.

Texas and Iowa on the otherhand, oh man.

Oh BTW we are treated the same exact way when boarding/departing in the airports.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Ding Ding Ding!!!! They watch their news and believe we're all bloodthirsty bigots, I remember seeing this documentary on EU mindsets about America, they asked a bunch of kids to draw a picture about what they think America is and this little ~10 year old girl drew evil president Bush shooting people, they're pretty much indoctrinated to think that we're like that.
    hahha I know stereotipes are bad for everyone.
    See I love breaking bad, is my favorite tv show, also Law and order recently watching LOLA, mexican stereotipes there are insane xD, we appear like bunch of fat farmers, scared by gangsters who controlls our corrupted goverment. I know there's gangster but I've never seen one, the insecurity depends of the city.. We also don't use sombreros or eat chilli hahaha.
    Stereotipes are funny, but mostly wrong. The american stereotype here, is a racist man, fat that only eats burgers and watch tv, cold with his family and not very talkative. And its so away from reality, The people I've met in US and americans living here are mostly wonderfull, very talkative, and loves to explore, in my neighborhood, we have 3 american families, 2 of them are young couples, like my wife and me, they are very active and love to explore, we invite them to an excursion once, for 2 days, it was so much fun, a great experience, hiking, surfing, scuba diving.
    Another personal experience with stereotipes, was with my cousin's wife, she is from england, when we first saw her we instanly tought mmm she looks kinda "special", and we not even had talked to her. I don't know the exact expresion in english, we thought she looks like a person that sees herself better than other people, like superior, she kinda have that look, but then we met her, we talk to her, she is great, she is so much fun to be with, she even used to play wow lol, we have met her family too in a family reunion, we again thouhgt, mmm they are going to be cold and quite, no, not all, they were dancing with everyone in the reunion, singing in karaoke, and they even say some words in spanish very well, like tequila, cerveza, salsa. My wife also told her that when we first saw her we kinda go with stereotype, but that when we met her and her family we totally change our minds.
    sorry for my english, I know it's bad :/
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-01-24 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Honestly. I dislike America, so no.
    you dislike a whole country? I hope it's that you just hate the geography, because if you honestly just bunched the entire population into one category, you need to reevaluate yourself quickly.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Not really, it's too expensive for me an Europe offers enough for me. Yeah, we don't have Niagara falls or Yellowstone, but Europe itself is very beautiful too. There's enough to do in the Czech Republic itself for years. My (and friends') current goal abroad is Ukraine (Podkarpatská rus, used to be one country with Czechs 100 years ago and the place is beautiful!)
    Prague is on my list, I hear that places nightlife is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Prague is on my list, I hear that places nightlife is insane.
    It is, it's nuts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    im persona non grada in the usa

so even if i would like to go again, i wont get passed security

then again doubt i would

been there twice... east coast west coast

america has nothing on europe
    Then you have barely seen anything, there's a very small amount of things to do on the coasts except for the niches of people that like oceanesque things.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    there is so much Hippocracy in your statement it made my eyes bleed.
    Hippocracy:
    What Democracy turns into when all of the politicians in your country are Hippos.

Maybe I made your eyes bleed, but you made my brain melt...
    Last edited by waskas; 2012-01-24 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    hahha I know stereotipes are bad for everyone.
    See I love breaking bad, is my favorite tv show, also Law and order recently watching LOLA, mexican stereotipes there are insane xD, we appear like bunch of fat farmers, scared by gangsters who controlls our corrupted goverment. I know there's gangster but I've never seen one, the insecurity depends of the city.. We also don't use sombreros or eat chilli hahaha.
    Stereotipes are funny, but mostly wrong. The american stereotype here, is a racist man, fat that only eats burgers and watch tv, cold with his family and not very talkative. And its so away from reality, The people I've met in US an americans living here are mostly wonderfull, very talkative, and loves to explore, in my neighborhood, we have 3 american families, 2 of them are young couples, like my wife and me, they are very active and love to explore, we invite them to an excursion once, for 2 days, it was so much fun, a great experience, hiking, surfing, scuba diving.
    Another experience with stereotipes, was with my cousin's wife, she is from england, when we first saw her we instanly tought mmm she looks kinda "special", and we not even had talked to her. I don't know the exact expresion in english, we thought she looks like a person that sees herself better than toher people, like superior, she kinda have that look, but then we met her, we talk to her, she is great, she is so much fun to be with, she even used to play wow lol, we have met her family too in a family reunion, we again thouhgt, mmm they are going to be cold and quite, no, not all, they were dancing with everyone in the reunion, singing in karaoke, and they say some words in spanish very well, like tequila, cerveza, salsa. My wife also told her that when we first saw her we kinda go with stereotype, but that when we met her and her family we totally change our minds.
    sorry for my english, I know it's bad :/
    I agree that those stereotypes are wrong to apply to someone just because of their ethnicity, but sometimes they have a way of reaffirming themselves, go to Lakeside around here and you'll see white-supremecists and tweakers in their meth labs and go to Barrio Logan and you'll see the Mexican gangsters and the like, though that is most likely due to our proximity to TJ.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually just moved to San Francisco from Australia about 10 days ago. Really liking it so far.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you have barely seen anything, there's a very small amount of things to do on the coasts except for the niches of people that like oceanesque things.
    I have "Under the Sea" playing in my head on a loop, does bolded include me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    SNIPE
    Yeah i personally love the fat american stereotype it makes me laugh every time, nobody in my family is fat im 6'2 165lbs all muscle.

Tons of game i play like on the NA servers on league of legends i love the "shut up fat american" it makes me laugh so hard.

I wish we could all get along but most EU has a stereotype where they think that we think we are better than them so they have to fail at insulting us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hippocracy:
    What Democracy turns into when all of the politicians in your country are Hippos.

Maybe I made your eyes bleed, but you made my brain is melt...
    What? Our government? It's no less corrupt than yours, wherever you're from. Please clearly explain what you have wrong with our country, and I will bet I can match the traits with Europe easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durenek View Post
    I actually just moved to San Francisco from Australia about 10 days ago. Really liking it so far.
    Oh man, i love San Francisco (and no it isn't filled with gay people like the news tries to say, not saying being gay is bad, just saying)

Look up blue fin sushi, it's in the more asian district, cheapest and most delicious sushi i'v ever had, if your into that kind of thing, they also have tons of different Japanese alcoholic beverages there. spent like 35$ there for 3 1/2 meals worth of food.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i personally love the fat american stereotype it makes me laugh every time, nobody in my family is fat im 6'2 165lbs all muscle.

Tons of game i play like on the NA servers on league of legends i love the "shut up fat american" it makes me laugh so hard.

I wish we could all get along but most EU has a stereotype where they think that we think we are better than them so they have to fail at insulting us.
    To be honest, US obesity problem is kinda huge, in fact skyhigh compared to almost every single Eu country. It is a stereotype but it has some substance doesn't it.
    •of 22 industrialized countries, the U.S. has the highest obesity statistics
    •2/3 of Americans over age 20 are overweight
    •nearly 1/3 of Americans over age 20 are obese
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-01-24 at 06:39 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.