Poll: Will Visa Reform Bring You to Visit the US?

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeblin View Post
    Could you explain.

I lol'd xD

btw; what do 9mm and .45 acp cost per bullet?
    Quick googling says $.36 for .45 ACP and $.2 for 9mm, prolly can get it cheaper if you buy in bulk or get lower quality.

Also, while looking that up I found this image

THOSE are some manly rounds.
    Last edited by xylophone; 2012-01-26 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Quick googling says $.36 for .45 ACP and $.2 for 9mm, prolly can get it cheaper if you buy in bulk or get lower quality.
    My dad was telling me today that he used to have a gun dealers license. Never sold a single gun, just wanted the factory discounts. I'm now thinking about applying to become a gun dealer...

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone from America, I'd say my favorite place to go is down to Orlando to see either Disney or Universal Studios. I'd love to visit Hollywood/Los Angeles and Las Vegas. However, after doing a lot of study in German over the past two years, I'd really love to visit Germany and take a train down to Italy and Greece. Definitely a few other places in Europe I'd like to go also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    My dad was telling me today that he used to have a gun dealers license. Never sold a single gun, just wanted the factory discounts. I'm now thinking about applying to become a gun dealer...
    If I sent you money, would you hook me up with a nice non-lame (a.k.a. CA legal) rifle?
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I sent you money, would you hook me up with a nice non-lame (a.k.a. CA legal) rifle?
    Non-lame and CA legal? that's a tough one...

You could get one of these:

It's an SKS, an early relative of the AK-47. I'd never use one over a good AR-15, but if Cali ever gets invaded, you'll be the only one who stands a chance. It's really not a bad little assault rifle, and it's the only one that is legal in california without making a ton of modifications that make it useless.

As for buying one for you, I can't legally do that. Even if I got the gun dealer's license, there's a lot of paperwork that we'd need to meet in person for you to fill out, especially if you're taking it out of Indiana.

I realize you were probably kidding, but what the hell, I'm in an informative mood.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is way off topic, but anyways.. aren't riffles in Cali limited to the amount of ammo they can hold (pretty much making them boring and useless)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-lame and CA legal? that's a tough one...

You could get one of these:

It's an SKS, an early relative of the AK-47. I'd never use one over a good AR-15, but if Cali ever gets invaded, you'll be the only one who stands a chance. It's really not a bad little assault rifle, and it's the only one that is legal in california without making a ton of modifications that make it useless.

As for buying one for you, I can't legally do that. Even if I got the gun dealer's license, there's a lot of paperwork that we'd need to meet in person for you to fill out, especially if you're taking it out of Indiana.

I realize you were probably kidding, but what the hell, I'm in an informative mood.
    I was kidding, but I was talking about non Cali legal stuff. Actually I have an SKS, smexy little gun imo. Top of my list is a nice M1A, since it doesn't have a scary pistol grip I don't have to get a lame bullet button on it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    This thread is way off topic, but anyways.. aren't riffles in Cali limited to the amount of ammo they can hold (pretty much making them boring and useless)?
    Has to have 10 rounds or less, and if it has a pistol grip it has to have some sort of mechanism to detach it, hence the thumbhole stock on Kal's pic. There's a lot of other restrictions as well, including specific models and overall length and stuff like that too. Kinda silly IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kidding, but I was talking about non Cali legal stuff. Actually I have an SKS, smexy little gun imo. Top of my list is a nice M1A, since it doesn't have a scary pistol grip I don't have to get a lame bullet button on it.[COLOR="red"]
    Illegal in Cali? Well the broadens it a bit lol. Hell, if price isn't an issue you should get an M249

Also known as the official rifle of "I'm going to fucking cut your cement wall in half with bullets"

The guards out here carry them, and they are scary as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Has to have 10 rounds or less, and if it has a pistol grip it has to have some sort of mechanism to detach it, hence the thumbhole stock on Kal's pic. There's a lot of other restrictions as well, including specific models and overall length and stuff like that too. Kinda silly IMO.
    Cool. Anyways, Why not create a gun enthusiasts thread here so this doesn't get derailed further. I'd love to participate, but I can't let a thread get further derailed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Illegal in Cali? Well the broadens it a bit lol. Hell, if price isn't an issue you should get an M249

Also known as the official rifle of "I'm going to fucking cut your cement wall in half with bullets"

When it comes to LMG's I've always had a soft spot for the MG3, the modern successor to the MG 42 from WWII. It's rpm was so high the U.S. military had to make a training video addressing it cuz it was lowering morale. IMO its pretty too.

Cool. Anyways, Why not create a gun enthusiasts thread here so this doesn't get derailed further. I'd love to participate, but I can't let a thread get further derailed!
    Sorry, posted before I saw that.

OT: All your EU stereotypes about gun-crazed Americans aren't true =D

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to LMG's I've always had a soft spot for the MG3, the modern successor to the MG 42 from WWII. It's rpm was so high the U.S. military had to make a training video addressing it cuz it was lowering morale. IMO its pretty too.

[img]http://images.military.com/EQGpics/EQG_mg3_1.jpg[img]
    Well Fuzzzie is being a meanie-face, but if you want to make a gun thread I'll gladly come tell you why I don't like the german LMG style. I'd make it, but I don't actually know a ton about more than a few different models so I'd probably get chewed up pretty bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Fuzzzie is being a meanie-face, but if you want to make a gun thread I'll gladly come tell you why I don't like the german LMG style. I'd make it, but I don't actually know a ton about more than a few different models so I'd probably get chewed up pretty bad
    Well if a weapon from the 40's is redesigned for modern use I would guess its gotta be decent on some level, but I gots to head home, pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Very likely

The americans I've met in Europe were poor drinkers, didn't understand baseball either and were irritatingly politically correct around subjects like Bush and the american justice system and saying "Happy Holdidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" for fear of hurting anyone's feelings.

I kinda wanna meet the drunken, right-wing, paranoid xenophobe americans that we hear so much about yet never meet...

I wanna meet those women who pretend to fall in supermarkets so they can make lawsuits.

I wanna meet some of those radical anti-abortion protesters

I wanna meet David Lynch and tell him Twin Peaks is overrated

I wanna see the fire department break down a wall, so they can get a tubby person to the hospital

Most of all. Wanna meet someone who can explain why baseball is so popular when everyone finds it boring

...Then again. The US does touch both Canada and Mexico
    We welcome you in the deep south sir.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 05:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I dont get US fotball.

Run 2-3 feet
    Time for a pile of men
    Have a 90-120second break for the fat defenders to get up, talk over tatics, get to the position
    Then gain another 2-3 feet
    Time for a pile of men
    Have a 90-120second break for the fat defenders to get up, talk over tatics, get to the position
    ettttttttttttttttcccccc

Have seen a few games here cos they show the end of NFL.
    I really cant put up with the constant breaks, its like a scratched record.

Rather watch real rubgy like the aussies, NZ, britts etc play.
    Less breaks all the time and less sissy protection.
    Its a manly man sport!
    I played American Football for all of high school and 2 years in college, then rugby for the 2nd two years I do much prefer rugby personally but the caliber of athelete in American Football is pretty freaking amazing, and those pads... while I think they started out for protection now seem to be more of weapons, I mean in rugby you never intentionally lead with you face for the tackle, in football we intentionally put our face (protected by steel) right between the other guys numbers. The injury rate for football is pretty ridiculous compared to rugby and I directly attribute this to those guys using hard plastic and metal for 'protection'... I know it would cut donw on the concussions by a large portion... as for the breaks in play... yeah can't help ya there.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 05:06 AM ----------

Fuzzzie, you know as well as I do if we put up a thread entitled 'Gun Enthusiats' we would be bombarded with 'you are murderers' 'American gun laws are stupid' 'why do you American's need to kill everything' and the like.
    Last edited by Clevername; 2012-01-26 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I dont get US fotball.

Run 2-3 feet
    Time for a pile of men
    Then gain another 2-3 feet
    Time for a pile of men
    ettttttttttttttttcccccc

Have seen a few games here cos they show the end of NFL.
    I really cant put up with the constant breaks, its like a scratched record.

Rather watch real rubgy like the aussies, NZ, britts etc play.
    Less breaks all the time and less sissy protection.
    Its a manly man sport!
    Its really popular in America because every high-school has a team, as well as most guys play on the football team that watch football professionally. Its not as fun to watch if you haven't experienced it yourself. Its a really physical game and it looks way worse then it is on TV, i was a offensive lineman and every-play i was smashing into somebody, getting my hands tore up in pads, or getting stomped on the bottom of a pile. Alot more to it than meets the eye.

However i am a fan of "soccer" also but it was never around locally

That's the boat I'm in as well, just clarifying. I don't know about everyone here, but I think most Americans would do just that and put actually discharging the firearm as a last resort. I mean, come on, it costs money to get that hole in the wall patched up, and have you ever tried getting brain matter out of a carpet? Thats why I have tile floors.
    Still I would rather shoot the guy in the ass than between the eyes.

And that's for self defense right? :P Seems more like an assault rifle, you know...for assaulting.
    Get a Luger and shoot with style

OT: All your EU stereotypes about gun-crazed Americans aren't true =D
    Totally not true :P

Baseball is boring to watch, but fun to play, just like golf. Just like (U.S.) football, its much more interesting to watch as well if you know what's going on.
    I like to watch it sometimes, imho much less boring than Formula One. If I were to go in the US I would attend a match for sure.
    Last edited by capitano666; 2012-01-26 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

As a Canadian, I only visit the US now if I absolutely have to (work reasons). I would love to visit the US more, but every time I go they make me feel like I'm some sort of criminal just dying to sneak in and illegally partake in their civil liberties and freedom, take away American jobs, and ruin American culture.

The culture of the US border patrol--even on the US-Canadian border--is needlessly rude, arrogant, and confrontational. It feels like they are taking glee on being on some sort of power trip. So now I spend more of my dollars in Canada instead.

There's this competition at the company I work for, in which the prize is a trip to New York, and I just beg that I won't win. I wouldn't go to the US even if I was given a free trip. I love traveling, I've done tons of traveling, but the US is just a no go for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    As a Canadian, I only visit the US now if I absolutely have to (work reasons). I would love to visit the US more, but every time I go they make me feel like I'm some sort of criminal just dying to sneak in and illegally partake in their civil liberties and freedom, take away American jobs, and ruin American culture.

The culture of the US border patrol--even on the US-Canadian border--is needlessly rude, arrogant, and confrontational. It feels like they are taking glee on being on some sort of power trip. So now I spend more of my dollars in Canada instead.
    Well to be fair, whenever I go to a non-visa waiver country as an American, I get similar treatment.

Hell, even in visa waiver countries. Once in a train station in Berlin, I got detained by German police/military or something for 10 minutes because one of the guys I was traveling with had a beard.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Bit of a nerd, but any plans to visit the US have been post-poned due to the lack of a Blizzcon this year

10+ Year Old Account
    The US has a TON of nature wonders and tourist attractions. I'm already an American though.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.