Matchmaking ruining game for me

Let me start with honesty, im new to LoL. Im not new to that game tho, it plays exactly like dota with better graphics more heroes etc etc. the balance is an issue but i kinda like that in a game. The problem however is not the game itself its just that I get game after game after game with god awful feeders afk's and leavers. once in a rare while ill get a decent team and have a fun game vs another decent team. Teamwork isnt an issue for me if i get a team who can plan a gank or atleast 2 others we can prolly tear it up. im a dota vet started playing in 2001 so i know my way around this kinda game, i dont think im a pro cause i dont know all of the details yet but its just kinda shitty that i cant find a decent game with good partners. kinda venting alittle rage and im starting to ramble.

i came to post this wondering if anyone on this board has a clan or a group or a team theyd be willing to give me a shot at so i can start getting quality games goin. DyingFetus27 north america east

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually had to dodge more queues than I've been in today.
    The first one we got to the last two picks, and someone, who hadn't said anything that entire point, picked Vlad as an ad carry because ap mid was already taken. I dodged out of that one.
    The second one, which I'm still waiting for, was 2 groups of 2 who queued together, and me, a random. Someone called ap mid, the first pick. That's not the greatest idea, but whatever. He chose Cass. Second pick went for solo top. Third pick was an ad carry. We got to fourth pick, who wanted to play ap mid. However, then he complained that because we didn't have an ap mid, he didn't have an ad carry or support. (I'm 100% sure Cait is free this week, and is in fact an AD carry. But I digress.) I dodged out of this one because the jungler took revive and promote and the ad carry who intended to play mid took the same.

I'm really annoyed, but it hasn't ruined the game for me. I know that if I play ranked, I should get an at least more decently minded group of players. Just tough it out until 30. Remember that they're normals, and even if you lose, it has no impact on your profile aside from a number that only you can see.

Deleted
    Games suck untill you reach lvl 30. I am currently lvling my second account and it's a pain with all those leavers and feeders and other players that ruin the games for you. But when i play at lvl 30 account i usually dont have this kind of problems. I probably have decent elo, and at ranked i'm currently at 1427, which isnt bad for 11 games. And at ranked i dont really have problems with leavers. And people actually know what a teamwork is. But on my low lvl account i lose a game because of the feeders, then get another stupid team and my elo stays low :/ kinda hard to get out of it, but i know i will eventually manage to. I would add you as a friend and play with you, but i'm on EU, so... I can only wish you good luck.

Yea, like Jstrogue said, it's pretty bad until you hit 30. I started a 2nd account not long ago and it's been rough trying to power through the spam, feeding, afk, rage quitting etc. Once you hit 30, and you can do ranked, the average skill level definitely goes up. Not to say there aren't trolls still, but at least it wont be every game like it is when leveling your summoner

encouraging but 30 seems so far. so discouraging to lose so much haha

Play with friends on some kind of voice chat. Laugh about the leavers/trolls/ragekids and have a good time. Once you stop taking the game so seriously you'll start having more fun. Whatever you do, don't become one of the ragekids yourself! It's okay to provide constructive criticism to try to help people improve, but do bear in mind that there's a person behind every character.

Unless they bring some sort of votekick function in the champion selection or / and an instant surrender for AFK / leavers matches, matchmaking continues to have a lot of potential of making the community even worse or at least, take out a great deal of fun.
    I am fairly comfortable with the players I get, but I still have to quit a few times a day.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.