Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    by making it so they can't have used games they shoot themselves in the foot. Retailers like Gamestop survive on used game sales. You take that away and there won't be any retailers to sell the games they make.

atleast this will make more people buy the ps4 and the wii-u. if microsoft wants to commit suicide then let the bounty go to the competitors that wont install anti consumer software

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    While I agree with you I see other reasons this is bad. Say me and my friend both have an xbox720. I want to bring my game over to play at his house. Well with this I won't be able too.
    Chances are, it will be bound to per account, not console, as this is the case with my F1 2011.
    Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Learn to buy from a store that has a good return policy? Honestly, I've bought games from best buy, played them through, and then went back within a week and said the CD had a scratch and didn't work. They will always take the game back lol, half the time it's some 20 year old college dropout who doesn't the difference between an xbox and a ps3 and wil lbe like, "durp, ok sorry ur game r broke".
    they will exchange it for the same item but not refund it. this is their policy. if somebody gave you a refund, they were breaking their policy, and you got lucky.

That would be one of the worst ideas ever and it would destroy their sales. Almost as bad as creating a new hand held console without dual analo.... oh wait. Crap.

The only reason they would do something like that is if they're trying to kill their system.

No company would be exclusive to them because poor sales of a game could tank a company.
    It would alienate players. I know I would switch in a heartbeat if they tried to tell me I could only buy new games to play on their system. Unless they're going to drop the price of games down to $30 each tops, this would never fly. A big appeal of used games if that you can pick them up cheaply and try new things out.

There are many other reasons, I'm just feeling a bit lazy right now.

As for me personally, I'd never support a company that doesn't allow me to play the way I want, affordable.

I have 2 360's and my daughter has one as well. This isn't only a shot in the foot for people who purchase used games, it's hurting people who have multiple consoles. Now if my daughter wants to play a game I have gotten for myself already I need to go buy another copy? Or when I'm in my living room I have to move consoles around and ruin others entertainment values? Like my wife who'll be playing in the office or watching Netflix? I buy most my games new, but I do end up picking up used games as well. Look at it from the perspective of game stores. Most their money comes from used games. Limiting something to a feature like this will end up hurting the producers more than they think.
    Bleh

Anyone remember how prominent pirated games were with the PS1? I bought tons of games for less than five dollars each when everyone else was paying $70-80. If this actually happens - which it won't, because a company can't be that stupid - those days will come back in full force, worse than they have been for two generations. I'll chip the Xbox right out of the gate and pay less for ten games than they charge for one.

And what's this love for digital downloads that everyone seems to have? It's such a flawed system that it isn't even funny. Xbox's Arcade, iTunes, and multiple other forms including Steam have proven that it's an awful choice if you're able to pick between a hard copy or digital.

ahahahahahahahahhahahaha

serously ?

no way that they will do this , if they would dare doing that it would be like telling poeple o please no dont buy this console !

imagine you cant watch dvd's you did not buy new? hey darling can you lend me that XYZ movie/game?

naaah sorry bound to my xbox LOL

nahh seriously?! no way or GTFO xbox .

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    This is why people pirate shit.
    People pirate stuff because they are criminals.

Blaming DRM or stuff like this is just the justification people use so they feel better about it.

Sorry.

Don't troll. Post constructively or not at all. -Seam
    Last edited by Butterland; 2012-01-26 at 03:32 AM.

Sure bro. And there goes blockbuster, which is pretty much already gone, GameStop (spot?), and whatever else. Of course they would cockblock all these companies.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

If this does happen, microsoft will lose A HUGE amount of customers, me included. i will switch to ps4 next gen if this happens, because i can not afford to buy EVERY game they ever make. that's what renting is for. if this happens, gamefly and etc will probably stop supporting microsoft games. :l

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post

Blaming DRM or stuff like this is just the justification people use so they feel better about it.
    don't give me that "you wouldn't download a car" video again lol that moral stuff is even worse. There are plenty of reasons to and plenty of reasons not to feel guilty. This thread isn't even about the xbox stopping piracy anyway it's about USED games. Buying a game in Gamestop second hand is not pirating the game, however you are giving your money to Gamestop and not to the developers of the game which is why if you'd like to truly support a franchise you should always buy new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably won't happen. Would drive some stores out of business like GameStop, who only gets my money from used games. Not to mention, as some said, it's really stupid. Just have backwards capability on all previous Xbox games, win the hearts of all fans. Do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it kinda ironic that many of you are probably against pirating games and such. But think about it, buying used games from retail shops does pretty much the same as pirating a game, developers and publishers won´t see a dime of that money that you spent on that used game that you just bought. Why should retail shops get full profit out of the used game market and the ones that made the games nothing?

Many of you probably hate on pirates but the ironic thing is that developers and publishers are not getting any money from either of you, not the pirates and not the people that buy used games. The only ones making profit here are the retail shops and the people that feel good about them self for saving some cash.

Probably many of you will disagree with me, but think about it, its pretty much the same to developers and publishers.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post

Yeah, I'd imagine the percent of the community that pirates games as a "social protest" against DRM is 20% at BEST.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    i dont buy used games, but its seems like a bad choice,i wont be able to trade in games and stuff i no longer play and wont be able to sell them since they would be used :\
    i guess they are going to do what EA is doing then and give you a CD key like with PC games. if they really did do this i probably wont be getting the new xbox.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I find it kinda ironic that many of you are probably against pirating games and such. But think about it, buying used games from retail shops does pretty much the same as pirating a game, developers and publishers won´t see a dime of that money that you spent on that used game that you just bought. Why should retail shops get full profit out of the used game market and the ones that made the games nothing?
    Many of you probably hate on pirates but the ironic thing is that developers and publishers are not getting any money from either of you, not the pirates and not the people that buy used games. The only ones making profit here are the retail shops and the people that feel good about them self for saving some cash.

Probably many of you will disagree with me, but think about it, its pretty much the same to developers and publishers.
    This, only not.

If I buy a game new, and someone later buys it from me (or Gamestop, etc), then there is only one copy of the game in circulation. One bought, one usable.

If I buy a game and make copies of it, then it becomes one game bought, a dozen in circulation. In this scenario, everyone between the developer and the retail store is losing out on 11 sales worth of profit.

I'm not going to pay Nissan for buying the used car down the street when Steve is the one selling it.

Edit:

To the original point, even if they bound games to your Live account and not your specific machine, that still kills lending and borrowing between friends. Quite a few of the games I purchase come about because someone said, "Hey take this for a few days and see what you think. It's pretty awesome," and vice versa. I can't say if that's a typical situation for everyone, but it's how a lot of games end up in my inventory.
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2012-01-26 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    I have 2 360's and my daughter has one as well. This isn't only a shot in the foot for people who purchase used games, it's hurting people who have multiple consoles. Now if my daughter wants to play a game I have gotten for myself already I need to go buy another copy? Or when I'm in my living room I have to move consoles around and ruin others entertainment values? Like my wife who'll be playing in the office or watching Netflix? I buy most my games new, but I do end up picking up used games as well. Look at it from the perspective of game stores. Most their money comes from used games. Limiting something to a feature like this will end up hurting the producers more than they think.
    yeah thats true, didnt even think of this. both me and my brother have a 360 and my friends all have them so we always lend each other games and stuff, but if they do this we will have to lend each other the game + the console :P