Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Clannad
    MM!
    Seitokai no Ichizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

1. One Piece
    2. Death Note
    3. Berserk
    4. Hellsing OVA
    5. Dragonball Z
    6. Gantz
    7. Trigun
    8. Steins;Gate
    9. Naruto
    10. Bleach

Deleted
    In no particualr order:

-Dragon Ball Z
    -Hokuto no Ken
    -Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    -Naruto (if you take out the fillers!)
    -Bleach
    -One Piece

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by venomania View Post
    It's frustrating for me, to see the big names mentioned over and over, as if that is the entire exposure to Anime people have *sigh*
    To be fair, I did list Bakemonogatari, Spice and Wolf, kara no kyoukai, etc. along with a few big name ones.

Some of your list weren't good enough to be popular in the grand scheme of things (aka Kaze no Stigma, it was very generic). Also, consider that many people here do not know/have access to anime outside of the old cartoon channel.

Here's my list:
    Bleach (You'll probably want to skip the fillers)
    Naruto (Same as Bleach)
    Gintama (always makes me laugh!)
    One Piece (great story)
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Death Note
    Inuyasha
    Clannad (be prepared to cry)
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Hajime no Ippo (it's an anime about boxing, I didn't really liked boxing until I saw this)
    Fairy Tail
    SKET Dance
    Toradora
    Shakugan no Shana
    Code Geass
    Beelzebub
    Black Lagoon
    Dragonball

That's all I can think of right now
    Last edited by Taylen; 2012-01-26 at 04:23 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kino no Tabi
    Tetsuwan Birdy: Decode second season
    One Outs

I believe those are my top three right now. LoGH might get a spot when I finish it, but I've kinda lost my will to watch it after Yang's death.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2012-01-26 at 04:33 PM.

Clannad
    Ef - a tale of Melodies
    Ef - A tale of Memories
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Full Metal Alchemist : Brotherhood
    Rurouni Kenshin

Not particularly in that order. However, Clannad and Ef have great story lines and some parts....made me cry. I have seen a TON of anime. Watching One Piece at the moment! Just started it though so it will take me a long while to actually finish it.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Note
    Gundam Seed
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Full Metal Panic
    Bleach
    Naruto (though I stopped watching the anime ages ago and just read the manga now)
    Ghost in the shell

Clannad

Romantic with a touch of comedy.

Gintama

Great comedy, follows a Samurai running a jack-of-all-trades shop in an alternative edo period.

Code Geass

Lelouch, previous prince of the great Empire of Britania, acquires the power to force others into complete obidience (Only works once per person) and sets out to overthrow the Empire. Lelouch is motivated by the safekeeping of his beloved little sister.

Requim for the Phantom

A man wakes up in a deserted base in the middle of the desert, robbed of his memories of who he is. Inferno, the leading mafia organisation in L.A. (I think), has had their associate, a man which goes by the name "The Scythe Master", abduct this man to train him into the perfect assasin for the organisation. He is given the name "Zwei" and gets trained by one of the Scythe masters previous experiments, Ein. Together Zwei and Ein carry out hits against opposition of Inferno, only so that Inferno can absorb all other Mafia gangs into theirs.

Higurashi no naku koro ni

Horror. Too annoying to explain.

My top animes in no particular order.

Puella Magia Madoka Magica:
    Oh god, everything I love in a show, amazing soundtrack, visuals, dark story. Perfect for me.

Clannad After Story:
    The anime that made me cry like a little baby. Now I cry at the drop of a hat. FFF.

Steins;Gate:
    Awesome characters, awesome story, awesome awesome. SCIENCE!!

Mononoke (not the movie):
    One word: EYEGASM. Seriously, this show is sooo pretty.

Mirai Nikki for one reason:
    YUNOOOO! I love Yuno! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I don't think I've seen any Anime that I didn't find creepy and weird so, none.
    As long as it comes from Japan it'll always be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Materiabandit View Post
    You're pretty awesome if you know what this one is.

My favorite anime has always been, and will always be Zoids <3
    Yay I'm awesome!
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-01-26 at 08:49 PM.

In the order that popped into Skelington's head:
    Mirai Nikki
    Elfen Lied
    Death Note
    Steins;Gate
    Chaos;Head
    Cowboy Bebop
    Madoka Magika
    Code Geass
    Higurashi

Of course, he is probably forgetting some.

Clannad and After Story

Hat of for the ppl mentioning this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say and yeah this thread has been done before.

But for me it depends on my mood.

Actually just click my sig and look at my profile that should cover it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naevan View Post
    Gintama
    One Piece
    FMA Bro
    Fate/Stay night
    Code Geass

Seen more than 100 anime .
    100 isn't as impressive as you'd think i'm over 300 and i know some guys over 400 and even 500. Still you have more experience than most.

Deleted
    The usual One Piece,Naruto and Bleach (without the painful fillers of course),Dragonball Z,Full Metal Alchemist even though I haven't watched brotherhood yet.I'm looking to start watching Hellsing,FMA:Brotherhood,Darker Than Black and maybe Fairy Tale soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    Well it's kinda hard to explain, mostly cos i suck at explaining anything, but I'll try.

Basically there's this 'heaven' where the celestials live; dont get me wrong, they act like regular people and look like them. But once every so many years they hold a tournament to choose who the next God will be. Certain celestials enter the tournament and they choose someone from the regular world to be their competitor. Each participant is given a power with which they have to defeat another competitor. The battles can happen anywhere, anytime and no rules; and once you lose a battle you're out and you lose your power. The interesting thing is that the powers aren't like super strength or super speed or anything, quite different from that. Now I can only remember some of the powers: turn rubbish into trees ( more helpful than it sounds), turn tomatoes into lava, coins into tornadoes, turn bathroom towels into sheets of steel, turn beads into bombs, sugar into electricity and turn your forhead into a diamond. There are way more and each participant has a different power from the others. Some are completely wacko but some are epic.

Anyway, the show follows a specific participant called Euki on his adventure to win. There's a few bits of comedy and some fould language in certain bits but I certainly recommend it

Hope I didn't make it sounds boring :P
    To help the guy asking for your advice. Your misspelling it. It's spelled Ueki not Euki. I have the dvds right on a shelf in my room. So yeah Ueki not Euki. Also it IS a pretty good series just beware the dubs. Earbleed territory. I mean i've heard worse but still youch.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Materiabandit View Post
    You're pretty awesome if you know what this one is.

My favorite anime has always been, and will always be Zoids <3
    Oh so it IS just zoids. Thought there was a movie. But yeah Zoids rules. Just wish the subs could come out faster. The bloody censored Viz version annoys me. Just cause she's naked they cut out a joke involving Fiona and Van. Was in epsiode 8 if you're wondering BTW. They also cut out Harry's robots being gay or at least suggested to be so from Shinseiki Zero. I also wish we HAD gotten Genesis good series. Oh and finished Fuzors i mean COME ON MAN at LEAST finish what you start. So umm yeah i know zoids LOL. I even have alot of models including Liger Zero Liger Zero X AND all his armors(imported) though my panzer armor has a broken piece now. Oh right i also have the old Ultrasaurus model and Berserk Furher(yes that is the Fury's actual name) model as well as the Deathstinger and MANY MANY more. I got as many as i could back in the day LOL. Even got school credit for some. Gods bless the model building class.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2012-01-26 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

No I can't decide =( It would probably be either Fairy Tail, Death Note or Star Driver Kagayaki, though.

Star Driver because it's simply just frikking awesome. Yes, I like cheesy, I like mecha, and I like bishounen.
    Fairy Tail because it's a shounen that keeps dancing on the border to "Self-Parody", and that they always have another Big Damn Hero-moment to pull off.
    Death Note because it was my first anime that I watched in Japanese, and I'm a nostalgic sucker :P

Honorable mentions: Bleach, Code Geass, Ruronoi Kesshin, Tokyo Underground, FMA: Brotherhood, Stein;s Gate.

I *MAY* add Brave 10 retroactively, I want to see at least 10 epis first, and the same can be said for the new Aquarion series. Watching through the original one atm.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I guess since most of the big ones have already been mentioned i'd go with:
    Planetes (although i prefer the manga version)
    X-1999

My favorite...

Series: Dragon Ball/Z (to a certain point), FMA: Brotherhood, Bleach (to a certain point), Samurai Pizza Cats (eff yeah)
    Mini-Series: Iria: Zeiram the animation
    Movie: Vampire Hunter D movies, Princess Mononoke

Then some random honorable mentions, but I think those are at the top of my list.

Damn, how could I forget!

Blood +

May actually be my favourite above the previous mentioned. Just don't watch Blood - C afterwards, it's so terrible that I have to pretend it never existed just so I can get some sleep at night.