Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It was overturned in Korea, they're just being as dickish as they can to try and delay the game.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    It's not completely justified because Bluehole didn't do it.
    NCsoft sued Bluehole + 9 developers in Korea, the only charge that went through was against 5 developers, individuals, not the company.
    Now they're just suing Bluehole once again, and hoping it will work in the US.
    Well of course the entire company isn't at fault, but if there are people in the company that have done something illegal, then they should be charged. I certainly don't want to entire company to go under because there are probably plenty of honest workers working there, and that wouldn't be fair to them. And they shouldn't have to worry about that if they are honest workers. Just like in Korea, only the people at fault will be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    individuals, not the company
    Bluehole is not some innocent company being dragged down by a few rogue employees, the company was founded by the individuals that stole NCSoft's IP solely make a game from that stolen IP.

From RockPaperShotgun:
    NCsoft then allege that project lead of Lineage, Yong-Hyun Park, had become disgruntled by his salary, and began plotting. Referring to him and others who planned to leave and form their own company as “conspirators”, they explain how he used NCsoft meeting rooms to recruit their employees, and was soon fired. 48 of the 100+ Lineage 3 team followed him out. Taking Lineage 3 with them in their brains was in violation of agreements they had signed previously, and NCsoft goes further to claim they also committed “theft”, putting “an extensive amount of proprietary data to, among other things, personal storage devices”. These are claims that seem to have been upheld by Korean courts, and fines and prison sentences were handed out to Park and three others. That was appealed, but upheld, and it’s now going through “Korea’s highest court”
    Look familiar?

if bluehole is profiteering from the theft they how are they not to blame? yeah sorry but they are in the wrong( and i HATE ncsoft with a passion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Look familiar?
    No more familiar than character concept art for other fantasy games.

You do realize that all of these very low-res images are of very generic archetypes right?
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-01-26 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Look familiar?
    Did they purposefully use such a low resolution picture so people couldn't compare to every other fantasy game in existance?

Because on the NCsoft side of the picture I see a generic loli catgirl, a muddy beastman in need of a hgiher resolution picture so I can understand what the fuck I'm looking, a galka from FFXI, a female tiefling from D&D4ED, SOMETHING in a suit of armor that also could use a higher res pic so I can actually see the damn thing, a human male and a very skinny human female (I think it's supposed to eb some kind of elf, but once again this picture has such shitty resolution I just can't tell).

I'm not saying the Tera team didn't steal anything, but this particular picture doesn't prove Jack shit.

This... Is... So... Lame ...;

But on the other hand, I cant be mad at the people who stole whatever it is they stole, since you know, they were scrapping L3 ... and these guys brought us L3 but named it Tera instead. So, praying that it will actually come to the US...

Now it can be a race! Who will release first? D3 or Tera!? both futures looking very hazy ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitche View Post
    Now it can be a race! Who will release first? D3 or Tera!? both futures looking very hazy ...
    TERA and D3 arent in the same genre. But Lineage Eternal will most likely overpass D3.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    No more familiar than character concept art for other fantasy games.

You do realize that all of these very low-res images are of very generic archetypes right?
    Lol, they look exactly the same to me, and afaik, they aren't 'generic'.
    However, if you could post a pic comparing these to those other fantasy game you are talking about, I'd shut my mouth.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Lol, they look exactly the same to me, and afaik, they aren't 'generic'.
    However, if you could post a pic comparing these to those other fantasy game you are talking about, I'd shut my mouth.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_UN7wPjdKdm...y+cat+girl.jpg
    http://images.wikia.com/forgottenrea...e_tiefling.jpg
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...%28FFXI%29.png

And you can search for your own god damn human and elf pics.

hope the gmae still comes out been waiting for this for a long time

Who cares anyway. Tera is a massive garbage. Did you watch any pvp videos. no one i mean no one dies because the combat takes forever. all you do is run and gun, jump around, and try to dodge everything. some aim is good. But all aim? come on. go watch some pvp videos nothing is happening but people running around. god forbid trying to kill a healer who just heals up and runs around. lol real fun game there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    People who are waiting for GW2, never heard about NCSoft / NCWest.. )
    You don't know about the relationship between ArenaNet and NCSoft do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

NCsoft means syrs bysns, they got a security guard guarding a metal detector that leads to no where...

And its said that their offices were build from the tears of RNG from Aion players.
    Last edited by Rajadog20; 2012-01-27 at 03:50 AM.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Ncsoft =/= gw2
    NCSoft owns ArenaNet.

So it looks like GW2 is coming out in May then. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    NCSoft owns ArenaNet.

So it looks like GW2 is coming out in May then. Good to know.
    NCSoft isn't doing anything with Guild Wars 2 aside from publishing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Who cares anyway. Tera is a massive garbage. Did you watch any pvp videos. no one i mean no one dies because the combat takes forever. all you do is run and gun, jump around, and try to dodge everything. some aim is good. But all aim? come on. go watch some pvp videos nothing is happening but people running around. god forbid trying to kill a healer who just heals up and runs around. lol real fun game there.
    you havent seen some wow pvp vids then..ivv been in arenas that went for like 20minutes i have played it and pve is fun yet to do pvp but having to dodge attacks and actually aim makes a game garbage?

Gotcha, my bad. They do look very similar. At least compared to the others Mif posted.
    No need to get angry tho :P
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Gotcha, my bad. They do look very similar. At least compared to the others Mif posted.
    No need to get angry tho :P
    Let's not forget about the Lon females in Prius online, they look a bit like castanics:http://prius.gpotato.com/images/lon_female_char.png and http://prius.gpotato.com/images/lon_femalechar.png

There are also the Legend of Wukong "Elins" http://img3.mmo.mmo4arab.com/news/20...ukong/lok6.jpg

Edit: Added a Legend of Wukong picture.
    Last edited by mmocae49c451bc; 2012-01-27 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    you havent seen some wow pvp vids then..ivv been in arenas that went for like 20minutes i have played it and pve is fun yet to do pvp but having to dodge attacks and actually aim makes a game garbage?
    i don't play wow, wow sucks hard ballz. worst game ever (past 2 years).

It's fine to dislike a game, but please post productively instead of mindlessly bashing it. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-27 at 05:34 PM.