Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    ^ this, some of the military rounds essentially pack more punch and have a larger target range. For the most part the gun, the machine, is the same with minor mods. usually scope, a barrel made to withstand rounds fired in mass succession, and the round is normally more well designed. You can do most of these things to a civilian hunting rifle and equal it to a sniper rifle. The .50 cal is just a distance and power issue, for hunting it would be to do long range big target hunting. Basically if you can afford to shoot a .50 cal you can afford to hunt the things you would use a .50 cal to hunt. Other than that you can do serious distance shooting which is really catching on the States. Its just SUPER expensive to get into.
    I love long range shooting and have been doing it for quite a while. Sadly I had to let most of my firearms go to be able to keep a roof over my head and food to eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    If you have to have something in a pistol caliber go for the .45

I say this because if you have ever seen it shot side by side vs a 9MM you can see plain as day the 45 does more then 2x the damage.

On a personal note however I really wish I could get an assault weapon in a .44 magnum caliber. I have a sh!tload of 44mag ammo sitting around but only 2 guns to use it with, a Rugger 44 blackhawk revolver & a Rugger 44 redhawk revolver.

That ^ would make one hell of a carbine too wouldn't it.
    Ya I know, imo 9mm is for plinkin =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I think I remember that movie, and IIRC he's using a thermal scope that somehow picks up people on the other side of a cinderblock wall.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 12:35 PM ----------

I'd like one in .45 though, or maybe 40 S&W if they make em.
    GLOCK 22 comes in .40 S&W, I have one and I love it, dropped down from a Colt Combat Commander in.45 ACP due to problems with my hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
    GLOCK 22 comes in .40 S&W, I have one and I love it, dropped down from a Colt Combat Commander in.45 ACP due to problems with my hands.
    If I had the $$ I would most certainly pick up something in a 1911 platform
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    /k/ troll, lol

You load the clip into the magazine

NM, I fail.
    You can use stripper clips to load ammo into the magazine.

Ya I know, imo 9mm is for plinkin =D
    yea i always said id never get a 9mm but that ar is a fun lil bastard lol. Ammo is cheaper than .45 too...but im sure its still more fun in .45 lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Ah i see, you should try it some time, a friend brought me some bear meat, it has an iron like taste, so it kinda tastes like naturally spicy beef, it's amazing.
    i wonder what panda tastes like
    My dad had a friend that used to go up to Alaska every year to go fishing. when he was out there he carried a .338 lapua caliber bolt action.

Long story short he ran into a Kodiak bear one year back in the early 90s, it started running after him when he was 30 yards away & died at his feet. When he & the other guys with him flipped it over they noticed most of its chest was blown out from how much they had to shoot it to bring it down.

Lessen here is if your going to hunt a bear be some place were they cannot reach you because they can run a long way on pure adrenaline & all it takes is one swipe of their paw (even without claws) to remove your head from your shoulders.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to have something in a pistol caliber go for the .45

I say this because if you have ever seen it shot side by side vs a 9MM you can see plain as day the 45 does more then 2x the damage.

On a personal note however I really wish I could get an assault weapon in a .44 magnum caliber. I have a sh!tload of 44mag ammo sitting around but only 2 guns to use it with, a Rugger 44 blackhawk revolver & a Rugger 44 redhawk revolver.

That ^ would make one hell of a carbine too wouldn't it.
    Ruger used to make a version of their 10/22 that was chambered in .44 magnum, held, if I remember correctly, 5 rounds.

what the hell were they doing that close with a lapua?! they coulda dropped the bear from over 2000 yds with that

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad had a friend that used to go up to Alaska every year to go fishing. when he was out there he carried a .338 lapua caliber bolt action.

Long story short he ran into a Kodiak bear one year back in the early 90s, it started running after him when he was 30 yards away & died at his feet. When he & the other guys with him flipped it over they noticed most of its chest was blown out from how much they had to shoot it to bring it down.

Lessen here is if your going to hunt a bear be some place were they cannot reach you because they can run a long way on pure adrenaline & all it takes is one swipe of their paw (even without claws) to remove your head from your shoulders.
    I read somewhere that the locals carry 12ga with slugs and lol at the hunters that come up with those .50 revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
    Ruger used to make a version of their 10/22 that was chambered in .44 magnum, held, if I remember correctly, 5 rounds.
    the 10/22 always was and always will be a .22lr. the one ur thinking of is the 77/44

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    what the hell were they doing that close with a lapua?! they coulda dropped the bear from over 2000 yds with that
    My guess... ninja bear

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 01:23 PM ----------

the 10/22 always was and always will be a .22lr. the one ur thinking of is the 77/44
    <3 10/22

I love mine

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had the $$ I would most certainly pick up something in a 1911 platform
    I currently own 2 colt 1911's.

One is a collectors piece my dad grandfather was issued in WW2 that he added a set of mother of pearl grips, engraved slide & some other pieces to.

The other was a Xmas present I received a few years back from by mom & step dad for my 21st birthday. I have since added an extended & threaded barrel onto it, a compensator, hare trigger, lazer aim pointer & fluorescent sights to it. As far as pistols go it is a f#cking naildriver.

That being said if there is anyone reading this forum who wants to take up shooting & owning custom weaponry I suggest learning how to reload & modify weapons because it has saved me a sh!tload of $$$.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

<3 10/22

I love mine
    yea, you can customize the hell out of them. this is mine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Your probably thinking of the new rechambered ones they use for sniping, he was using one of the old fashioned ones they use to use for hunting bear way back when.

As for how easily the bear dropped, it was a very stressful experience & he said nobody had clean pants at the end of it because the bear kept coming at them no matter how many slugs they put into it.

If it had been one of those situations like what I have when sighting in on a deer & taking the perfect shot then ya maybe he could have done it in 1 shot. Hard to think though when an insanely huge hungry bear is running at you & your pants are suddenly wet in the crotch however.

haha true true

you sure it was a lapua then? IIRC the lapua was made for snipers in iraq and afghanistan and is a relatively new round. there was a .338 magnum thats been around a long time.

edit: there were actually a few the 338 winmag, 338 norma, 338 rem ultramag tho the rem was just made in 2002 and the norma in '08.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2012-01-26 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother has an AK, he refuses to let anyone touch it because it's his prized possession.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, you can customize the hell out of them. this is mine...

Id show you guys more of my guns but for the life of me I cant figure out how to link my personal pictures.

There are also a few in my collection I don't know if I'd want to show because there may or may not be allot of paperwork on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    I think this looks awesome. I don't know how you could say the AK looks ugly.
    this looks so much better
    Last edited by stabetha; 2012-01-26 at 09:47 PM.

Id show you guys more of my guns but for the life of me I cant figure out how to link my personal pictures.

There are also a few in my collection I don't know if I'd want to show because there may or may not be allot of paperwork on them.
    yea i know how u feel, i normally dont take pics of my guns and put em online but the .22 i will lol. Any of my NFA items i will not.