Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    haha true true

you sure it was a lapua then? IIRC the lapua was made for snipers in iraq and afghanistan and is a relatively new round. there was a .338 magnum thats been around a long time.
    ya that was it.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    the 10/22 always was and always will be a .22lr. the one ur thinking of is the 77/44
    No look up look up the Ruger Model 44 .44 Magnum Rifle/Carbine

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ig/...nes-1.htm?rd=1

I am incorrect in one thing, the Ruger Model 44 in .44 magnum predates the 10/22 so I would have to say the 10/22 was based off the Model 44 and not the other way around.

I also own a Ruger 10/22 and I love it.

The 77/44 is a bolt action rifle
    Last edited by JSStryker; 2012-01-26 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Kinda sad it doesn't have the wooden stuff on it like the AK-47.

Quote Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
    No look up look up the Ruger Model 44 .44 Magnum Rifle/Carbine

http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ig/...nes-1.htm?rd=1

The 77/44 is a bolt action rifle
    ahh thats pretty slick, sure does look just like a factory 10/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    But like I said, most bullpups are right handed and we don't want the poor lefties getting they're faces pelted by brass.[COLOR="red"]
    Well, all they need to do is get one that isn't right hand only <.<

For instance, The FN F2000 ejects forward, extracting the shell up and over the barrel, it is chambered in 5.56X45 NATO and obviously uses the same mags as all other 556 NATO weapons.

The Kel Tec RFB uses the same ejection system, and is chambered for 7.62X51mm/.308 Win... It uses FAL mags, and unlike the FAL, magazines don't need to be rocked into place, they can be straight inserted. Kel-Tec is preparing smaller versions of the same design, 7.62×39mm, 5.56×45mm NATO, 6.5 Grendel and 6.8mm Remington SPC. The 5.56×45mm NATO will feed from standard 556 NATO mags.

Both of these are completely ambidextrous.

Annnnnnyways.... On topic, I'm liking this new AK, while I hate the way it looks, I like that it's ambidextrous.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-01-26 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you got to appreciate the power, reliability, compact size & accuracy of those newer bullpup riffles like the fn f2k and others you have to realize the price is also double or more what the cost is for the M16 per unit.

"not that cost would ever stop the army from getting better equipment for its soldiers"

Overall though if you know how it isn't that hard to buy the kit & convert an AR/M16 or AK over to a bullpup like I have done. I would suggest you make sure you know how first though because if you end up having to take your gun to someone who does it professionally it can get expensive.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Kinda sad it doesn't have the wooden stuff on it like the AK-47.
    That's all on how you look at it.

The wooden stocks tend to be cheaper & in many cases more durable but the polymer (plastic) ones are lighter, can be used to hold cleaning kits or extra tools & in some cases can even be designed to make the weapon stay afloat.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Yeah plus with the .50 cal rounds you can get all sorts of armor piercing, incendiary, armor piercing incendiary ... pretty nasty stuff
    Almost shat myself when he fired that, haha.

That AK looks sexy. Shame we can't get them here!
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    While you got to appreciate the power, reliability, compact size & accuracy of those newer bullpup riffles like the fn f2k and others you have to realize the price is also double or more what the cost is for the M16 per unit.
    That isn't entirely true... Sure, it may cost more than a standard PoS Gas impingement AR/M4/M16 that is unreliable as hell and fouls more than I believe acceptable for any military weapon... but the price for (for example) the Kel Tec RFB is comparable in reliability while being far cheaper than an MR556 (HK416), which is more than likely the weapon our military would switch to if anything, being that the HK416 is so similar to the M4.

A large majority of our special forces are already using the HK 416 - Delta Force replaced M4s with the HK416 in 2004, tests revealed that the piston operating system significantly reduces malfunctions while increasing the life of parts. The upgraded weapon was subjected to mud and dust without maintenance, and fired day after day. Despite this treatment, the rifle showed problems in only 1 of 15,000 rounds. An M4 would never work in those conditions, this is the AK of ARs, and if I ever had to go into combat this is what I would carry.

I firmly believe the HK416 will be the US military's weapon of choice if they ever (and I hope they do) decide to trash the M4.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-01-26 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    Yeah plus with the .50 cal rounds you can get all sorts of armor piercing, incendiary, armor piercing incendiary ... pretty nasty stuff
    Sadly depending on the state you live in it's illegal to buy or sell incendiary rounds & it is illegal in all states in the US to buy or sell armor piercing rounds unless you have a class 3 federal firearms license.

That said it's not illegal to simply own said ammunition in most states, thus if you have the know how you can reload your own specialty ammo.

I & several of my friends do just that for allot of the ammo we reload.

PS, some of my friends are police officers on the Native American Reservation where I live at & reload said ammo for personal & professional use so I wouldn't recommend getting in a situation where your in a firefight with them unless you want to pull out a weapon with ammo that would rip a whole in ya big enough to stick your fist in.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    this looks so much better
    I think someone stole 4 inches off the end of your barrel.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I'd love to go on holiday to the US and be able to take a day on a shooting range. Dunno if that would be allowed in some states, me being a non-American and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Man, I'd love to go on holiday to the US and be able to take a day on a shooting range. Dunno if that would be allowed in some states, me being a non-American and all.
    If you go to an indoor range that has rentals, with ID and money they will rent you a firearm to use while there.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-01-27 at 12:13 AM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If you go to an indoor range that has rentals, with ID and money they will rent you a firearm to use while there.
    If I ever am to do it it won't be for like another 5 years when I finish uni (touch wood) and get a job. How much would it be like? I mean it depends but lets say, for argument's sake, that I was to rent a handgun to use on the range?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks that the AK-12 is kind of ugly? It's predecessors looked so much better...

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever am to do it it won't be for like another 5 years when I finish uni (touch wood) and get a job. How much would it be like? I mean it depends but lets say, for argument's sake, that I was to rent a handgun to use on the range?
    it varies from place to place, but I believe the average is 15-20 USD, plus ammo (for insurance reasons, you will have to purchase ammo from them when using their guns, you cannot buy it elsewhere and bring it in). If you rent a 9mm for example, ammo will be around $15 for 50, with a .45 it will run around $29 per 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely fine in the more conservative states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Completely fine in the more conservative states.
    It's fine in every state as far as I know.

He might not be able to buy a gun but there isn't anything illegal about just shooting one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat. I have an SKS which is essentially an early version of the AK but that one looks neat.

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 01:21 AM ----------

It's legal to shoot in any state. Owning has rules such as no guns for convicted felons and some states don't allow you to own handguns without a permit but you can shoot them if they belong to someone else and said person is with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find an American friend with guns. Go to the range with him. You're allowed to use his guns as long as he's with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    AK's make me feel dirty. And not in the awesome way. I fucking hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter