Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really ?is it really the real reason?
    but i thought the 55 other threads with this exact title where the real reason wows dying :/

its almost 8 years old, and is a game-> losing some subs might make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBauerLOL View Post
    It peaked during Ulduar which was the last raid made by the original team.

Are you actually implying Naxx 2.0 or ToC were great raids?
    They still have the raid team that made Ulduar. Also people hated Kaplan he was GC before GC was GC.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

A game declining in population in the late time frame between expansions?

God, fuck shit, this is new and exciting. Maybe Yahoo News will trend about it later.
    Last edited by strossus001; 2012-07-16 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    A game declining in popultion in the late time frame between expansions?

God, fuck shit, this is new and exciting. Maybe Yahoo News will trend about it later.
    I lol'ed hard.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    They still have the raid team that made Ulduar. Also people hated Kaplan he was GC before GC was GC.
    I made this point earlier in the thread. I was then informed that Blizzard was "lying" about this because Kaplan was no longer on the raid design team.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Personally, I did LFR, thought it was insulting how easy it was lol, decided since I just saw the whole content, what's the point of doing it on a mode where the boss simply hits harder? It's kind of like if you got a new book, started reading it, and realized there was only one chapter and it got straight to the end. I doubt you'd wanna read it again lol.

Not to mention, think of how large WoW is, and you can only name two things that are challenging?
    IIT: "I did LFR, therefore, heroic and normal raiding uses the same mechanics with larger numbers."

Q: What's the point of playing past level one if level two is the same but with a different coat of paint and larger numbers?
    A: To get to level 3.

LFR is easy. Normal is normal. Heroic is heroic. Distinct? Yes. If you're sated by running LFR once, good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know i have the option of not coming to threads like these.. but seriously, whats the point? threads like this are made everyday and prove nothing. just stop it already

I don't understand all the cynicism, WoW is STILL the best damn MMORPG on the market, regardless of any whining and complaints you have.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    Maybe because your perspective is not aligned with reality.

Speculation: There are 10.2 millions subscriptions, and 2.2 million quitters. If they made the game the way the 2.2 million quitters wanted it, Blizz would have 7.4 million subscriptions and 5.0 million quitters.

Obviously the game is more appealing the way it stands and not the way you perceive it.
    I honestly question the logic behind this. As you pointed out, speculation and conjecture do not make a point. 2.2 million people quit when games like Rift were around the corner, SWTOR was garnering mass hype, and a plethora of other MMORPG's were on the horizon. I question if the mass exodus of players was due to content being too hard. If that was really the case, why didn't they come back after all the content was eviscerated of any kind of challenge. You'd think that if the true reason players were quitting was due to difficulty that when the nerfs hit the sub rate would've started to increase. What actually happened - sub rates still decreased.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    And this is why we as gamers do not design games.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Games are designed by gamers. The companies that fund the games may not be into the whole gaming thing... but the people creating the games... pretty naive to believe that they themselves aren't avid gamers. WOW was conceptualized by hard core EQ raiders who wanted to make an MMO that fixed the problems that they felt the MMO market of the time was suffering from.

I don't know if the big wigs, star team, A team, whatever you want to call them; I don't know if their departure to another project is the reason WOW feels less compelling. What I do know is that Blizzards forcing the whole community into a small chunk of content is retarded. Cataclysm has 3 raids, and everyone is pigeonholed into the most lazy, half assed, boring pitiful excuse of a raid ever designed. If the newest content isn't compelling and fun enough to attract players to it naturally, why are they forcing us into it? Why are they nerfing previous content so intensely that it no longer has any value anymore? I always had this idea that as new content is released, there should be more to do, not less. What kind of retarded design philosophy is this!

Yes, because 3 people are the entire development team.

Lose the arrogance, it isn't an attractive trait. You do not have 'the REAL reason', you just have an opinion. You are of course entitled to it, but don't try to dress it up to be any more than it is.

Blaming a couple of people for all the woes in WOW is like blaming the president for everything that happens in the USA.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-07-16 at 09:09 PM. Reason: too many Of people, of people, of people.. LAWL
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Blaming a couple of people for all the woes in WOW is like blaming the president for everything that happens in the USA.
    Obama killed Osama!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Right here on wikipedia in black and white mate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey...game_designer)

Games
    World of Warcraft
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wo...nd-future.aspx
    I could go edit that right now and it would stay that way until someone challenged it. Wikipedia is not a *reliable* source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfr528 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Games are designed by gamers.
    It's not hard to understand. All game designers can be gamers. Not all gamers can be game designers. And skill at playing games is not an accurate predictor for skill at designing games. Designing games requires a capacity for objectivity and holistic thought that most gamers lack.

Also, literally every single thread like this can be summarized as follows:

The real reason that WoW is dying: Whatever I need the real reason to be in order to validate my personal opinion about the game.
    Last edited by microtonal; 2012-07-16 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At last we know the REAL reason. Thank goodness, we can finally put this to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    I don't like hard games, having to remember mechanics which are not fun at all, trying to continue through hard levels for hours, this is not fun to me. I don't have time for more than 2-3 hours of video gaming, I don't have a raiding guild, I would hate to plan my wednesday night for a damn video game, I always go with pugs and what I want is just pew pewing while witnessing a good story& get excited for rolls. Even with nerfs, pugs usually end up with more than one wipe, mostly we can't progress through spine etc. I hate this, stresses me out, I "play" a damn video game for fun and I can't progress through it. I want the game to get more easier.
    While i was reading this i honestly thought this was a hardcore player attempting to post an overly sarcastic response of what the people who are driving this game in the casual direction sound like....then i realized that this person was actually being serious and facepalmed. Just no. People being scared of ONE wipe is just awful to hear. If you want a video game where you are 100% going to win everytime, play a console game like Legend of Zelda or something. There will be moments of failure and wipes in an MMO, and there should be. Do you complain when you're playing your other "non stressful, super easy games" and you die? Probably not because you realize you messed up and something needs to change about how you approached that boss/situation. Sorry to break it too you, but there will always be wipes and some hint of difficulty in WoW, no matter how much blizzard scales back from that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    It's not that wow has become bad, it has just become a game that's lost all sense of accomplishment.

Last year on trade chat when DS was just released a few people were bragging that they downed DW in LFR.
    Someone asked have you downed him on heroic yet?

To which he responded "heroic mode is something nerds do to see the same content."

Followed by a whole bunch of rolfs/lols etc.
    So what if another player feels like they accomplished killing a boss in LFR? It doesn't effect you killing a boss on heroic in any way.

The problem with this game is not the game but the players. Studies have been shown that individuals with low self esteem migrate towards
    online gaming communities. It's no wonder your think the game is being ruined when others can now accomplish the same kills as you. Your happy world where you can feel confident in has now been tarnished by those who spend less time accomplishing the same feats. It's purely psychological.

I used to feel the same way when my guild was competitive in WOTLK but I stopped, looked at the big picture and play the game for what it is. A video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    When you kill Heroic content before the nerfs, before everyone is undergeared, before the next content cycle, you stand out. When REALM FIRST SINESTRA pops up and spams the whole server, you stand out. By "additional benefits," are you referring to rewards that no one have but you? If so, there is such a reward: your achievement kill date. If you killed Sinestra between January and May 2011, you have more bragging rights than someone who killed it in 403 gear on July 2012.[COLOR="red"]

I for one do not see the reason to nerf the current content before the next one is even released. What I (MY OPINION) believed is destroying wow is the lack of patience from the playerbase. People DEMAND that they should see the content instantly.. wop wop wop here we go LFR there you go. But then people DEMAND that normal/heroic content should be accessible to them as well even easier (since they are paying for the same game as everyone else right??). If I ever would go down to a more casual style of raiding, like 3 days a week for instance, I would fucking hate it if blizzard started to nerf the content when it's still freaking active. What I felt/feel is fun in this game is the progression you do as a team, you learn the fight, u learn tricks you can do to improve your performance and then finally when the stars alight in the correct angle or w/e you manage to down the boss. THAT is what I feel and I assume the old school people feel is a great achievement. When you kill something after a nerf, doesn't matter how big the nerf is, it reduces the prestige(or what the hell you would like to call it) of the kill and make it feel less epic. Fuck wellfare epics, FUCK nerfing down the content before the next one is release, FUCK nerfing it at all. Let guilds progress the way TBC was done. From the bottom to the top instead of skipping half the freaking content if you joined late into the expansion. How many guilds raid t11 for fucking instance? Sure some might do it just for fun when they overgear it, but I bet alot of people would have wanted to do it when it was current or in that form. Why should people just skip the 2-3 past raiding patches and go straight into the current one? I really do not see the point, people are missing out on so much... it makes me abit shallow inside when I compare the TBC raiding model to the current one... what on earth was the dev team thinking...

Deleted
    Oh good, I thought we all believed in the fake reason for all this doom and despair.

Quote Originally Posted by gamok1 View Post

what the problem is, is blizzard listen to us, the fans. you complain that wow took a plunge after TBC, and i agree with you there..what people liked about vanilla and BC was that you had a journey that you had to take.
    During that journey, you had to clear each raid, get progressivly better gear and get the BiS items for your class before advancing into higher tiers which created a imense sence of accomplishment which i feel sorry for all new players that are unable to experiance this to this date.

it also gave players some braggin' rights being in say, T3 or T6 to be able to get the gear..naxx40 is still held in a very high regard even todays date even tho only like 2% of a server got to see it.

it will always be so that, those who complain the most will be listened to..and not always for the best..
    so imo, if you should point the finger at anyone, i think you should point it at ourself.
    That's exactly my standpoint, the whole "journey" feeling of the game is almost gone... I really really sincerely hope they return that feeling come mop. They could at least return the special titles for "server first" endbosses :/
    Last edited by nowish; 2012-07-16 at 09:40 PM.