hello,

currently there is this girl that i like, and we have been out before. we went to a comedy show during the world series, got coffee, did some shopping, went to red lobster, and went to her cousin's basketball game. everything was smooth.

then comes christmas and we had discussed hanging out over the break. however, she is very attached to her mom and sister. I was being sensitive about it and didnt want to interrupt her plans for the break, altho i wanted to spend time with her. as a result, we didnt really get to hang out or do anything over the break.

a few weeks later, she emailed me, and we got caught up with each other. i asked when a good time to call was, and I made it happen. we spoke for a little over an hour, and then continued talking during the week. one day i called and couldnt reach her so she called back the next day. i just woke up so i sounded awful and she emailed me later (because i had to go) asking if everything was ok, and that she hoped she wasnt being nosy or anything. she didnt know if she was critically studying the situation too much or not, and then finally poured out her feelings in terms of being really excited and wanting to hang out with me over the break. but i learned that we both had intentions of either calling or texting, but didnt take the initiative to actually see what was going on in fear of "bothering" or "disturbing" the other person.

she told me that sometimes she wanted to call or text, but was nervous or afraid of what i was going to say or how i was going to respond or react. i told her not to be afraid, and i asked her if she was comfortable being around me or talking to me, and she said she was. i didnt want to pressure her into saying something she didnt want to, so i said whenever she was ready to hit me up.

then we basically talked about communication with each other, and that we should be more vocal with each other; i agreed and she said that neither of us should be sad or anxious if plans to hang out dont work out, that we should continue letting each other know what is on the others mind.

she then later said that she loved my concern for her (she was going through some things and she shared them with me) and that she appreciated our blossoming friendship. i then said to sleep well and KIT.

periodically, i would send her texts just letting her know she was on my mind and that i was thinking of her.. you know, just to check on her and make sure she is ok.

i know that people should be friends first before going the next level. we have been talking for a few months now, so im not sure what the next step should be. she has also said she really enjoys our conversations and that i make her laugh