Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMOs on the horizon...

We all know about Tera, GW2, and Titan. What are some other MMOs you are following and look interesting. One I'm watching is Blade and Soul. Any more?
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

ArcheAge, Warhammer 40k: Dark Millenium, The Secret World, Darkfall 2.0, Salem.

Firefall, Planetside 2, and Tribes Ascend. It's exciting to see MMO's reaching new directions. Tribes Ascend and Guild Wars 2 are the ones I'm most interested in right now.

Planetside 2, Secret World, Firefall

Deleted

Call me crazy but I'm kind of interested in what they'll do with Everquest Next

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Call me crazy but I'm kind of interested in what they'll do with Everquest Next
    Never heard of it before, is it an expansion from everquest 2 or something? =/

Deleted
    I sure hope I can get into Tera beta.
    Can't wait to be a little girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blade & Soul looks very promising right now
    http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/
    This link has actual participants discussing the closed beta that went on and will be posting more as the other betas come out.

I'm looking forward to several of the FPS MMOs coming out this year.

Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium

Dear god let it be amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't hold your breath for Tera coming out so soon. The ongoing lawsuit doesn't look good.

Titan is on the horizon? Must be a different planets horizon.

I wouldn't consider Titan on the horizon considering how we don't know what the game is actually going to be called.

Or, you know, ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT ITS GAMEPLAY.

But, to add to the list, Phantasy Star Online 2. Lets just hope it's nothing like Phantasy Star Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Never heard of it before, is it an expansion from everquest 2 or something? =/
    It's Everquest 3.
    Just as Planetside Next is Planetside 2, SOE just figured out that new games sells and sounds better than sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath for Tera coming out so soon. The ongoing lawsuit doesn't look good.
    It doesn't really look that bad, it's been to court in Korea and still released, we have no idea if anyone has proof that Bluehole used NCsoft copyrighted material in Tera, based on the pictures NCsoft posted I'd say it won't really be an issue if that's all they've got.

And even if it goes through it most likely won't stop Tera, they will just be ordered to pay a retarded amount of money to NCsoft.
    Last edited by Ighox; 2012-01-30 at 02:01 AM.

Some of them look like they could be okay, maybe I'm getting more tired of MMO's than I realize, I can't really get excited about any of them except maybe Guild Wars 2 as you mentioned not to mention, and even then, I'm not jumping up and down in my seat. None of them stick out to be anything really different. Nonetheless, I'll probably be trying some of the FPS ones if they are free to play or via free trial, as I'd like to see a quality MMO of a slightly different genre, and I like a good FPS...I really miss the Counterstrike days, this Modern Warfare shit does not do FPS games justice. Anyways, I'm very, very tired of new MMO's trying to come out with the same damn theme over and over, that is orcs and other big green evil monsters taking over the world and elves, humans, and dwarves and whatever fighting back. It's been done far too many times, WoW does it well enough, Guild Wars 2 will likely do it well, but they have a different approach anyways, and all of these other companies really need to come up with something original. Tera online for example looks like a WoW clone with slightly fancier graphics, that's not at all what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Some of them look like they could be okay, maybe I'm getting more tired of MMO's than I realize, I can't really get excited about any of them except maybe Guild Wars 2 as you mentioned not to mention, and even then, I'm not jumping up and down in my seat. None of them stick out to be anything really different. Nonetheless, I'll probably be trying some of the FPS ones if they are free to play or via free trial, as I'd like to see a quality MMO of a slightly different genre, and I like a good FPS...I really miss the Counterstrike days, this Modern Warfare shit does not do FPS games justice. Anyways, I'm very, very tired of new MMO's trying to come out with the same damn theme over and over, that is orcs and other big green evil monsters taking over the world and elves, humans, and dwarves and whatever fighting back. It's been done far too many times, WoW does it well enough, Guild Wars 2 will likely do it well, but they have a different approach anyways, and all of these other companies really need to come up with something original. Tera online for example looks like a WoW clone with slightly fancier graphics, that's not at all what I want.
    TERA has a free aim targeting system, a large focus on politics and mass-PvP, about as much of a WoW clone as Starcraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mist of Pandaria (Screw the haters)
    Phantasy Star Online 2 (port this to the 3DS too please so I can play whilst on the toilet, also, none of that Phantasy Star Online 0 crap)
    Guild Wars 2
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    The Secret World looks nice, I just hope it will not turn out as a MMOFPS.

Firefall looks like it's going to be incredibly fun.