Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    hasthis been updated for new order folowing nerfs
    (since ultraxon losing 10% hp and his aoe hiting for 10% less means he is like 3rd for 25's and probably 2nd for 10's)
    as nerfs effect different bosses more than others -> nerfs hit hagra lightning phase hard as it lowers the base damg which is them multiplied by the damg taken debuf so the nerf gets multiplied as well)
    Exactly. With the 10% nerf Ultra is definately the 2nd (or even 1st) HC boss to go for, and it will just get more clear by every nerf. Yor'sahj isn't affected that much by the nerfs since it's mostly about planning and doing mechanics properly. Atm if you would progress from scrath in 10 man I'd reccomend Morchok -> Ultraxion -> Hagara -> Yor'sahj -> Zon'ozz -> Warmaster -> Spine. If you have good geared people you could probably just go Spine even before Zon'ozz if it's possible, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The post primarily deals with un-nerfed bosses however I do make an attempt to comment in the bosses little section about nerfs making X,Y,Z easier etc. I usually make a recommendation which boss to go for because of the nerf.

Do the nerfs really hit Hagara that hard, ie way harder than Ultrax and Yor? Seems like the 10% helped Ulta and Yor quite a bit since they had DPS minimums and some difficult healing spots as well which are all greatly helped by th 10% nerf. I dont know the Hagara fight well and appreciate the multiplicative factor quotes in the lightning phase could really help out here but with reading about the fight which is characterized generally as:

"a vicious fight that tests awareness and co-ordination from your guild. If your guild struggles with co-ordination, leave this boss at position 5"

From reading that I thought maybe the nrfs hit this boss less than many of the others. Is that not really the case and Hag is hit pretty hard by the nerfs?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I personally think she is the hardest out of everything before Warmaster on 10man. You won't notice the nerf too much on her imo. Her assault will still kill a tank, the ice lances and shattered ice can still kill people if not done right. The ice phase still takes time to complete, you won't notice the difference if you stack in bubble, just ends slightly faster because the HP of crystals is lower. The lightning phase might buy you an extra second or two, depending on the tactic. Everything still is un-forgiving for the most part. She is the only boss my guild wipes to generally on farm day out of the first 5. She should still take 3 rotation of phases to complete.

Thanks for the suggestions!

on ozze boss, which heals will put a debuff.
    as a shaman: will riptide put a stack for each tick? can i chain heal off a pet and not put stacks on ppl. Is there a good post somewhere that says which heal puts stacks, etc etc.
    We just got our second heroic down, ultraxion. trying to decdide where our 3rd should be

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    On these forums in relation to shaman for you: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hj)?p=14571687

After the 10% nerf, i think Morchok > Ultraxion > Yor'sahj > Hagara > Zon'ozz > Warmaster>Spine is the best progression order. Morchok and Ultraxion are very simple fights, and after the nerf it's healing and dps requeriments are much lower. Yor'sahj it's basically a healers fight, once they learn how to heal under the purple ooze effect, it's pretty much faceroll. Hagara needs a preplanned strategy and proper execution, but it's not complicated. Zon'ozz is still a little bit harder, but post-nerf last burning phase it's considerably easier. Warmaster and Spine are still complicated fights, you'll spent more time here than previous fights.

Great thread!!! Thanks for info.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubblepopper View Post
    Great thread!!! Thanks for info.
    You're welcome.

Deleted
    Hey there, my raid team is currently struggling on which one to kill after our 3rd hc boss kill "Yor'sahj". So far we killed Morchok HC and Ultrax HC and Yor'sahj HC. And with the 15% nerf, which boss would be the easiest to go for? We barely had some tries on zon'ozz and we've had some tries on hagara.

Thanks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Zon'ozz then Hagara imo. Hagara can still easily kill you with mechanics fail, Zon is a lot easier with the 15% as the black phase would be stupidly easy and enrage timer should not be a problem. The only thing that will wipe you is bad tactics once everyone gets used to it. When the 5% came out I laughed (or even cried) and how much easier Zon got, yes it was only 5% but it was such a difference. So now with an extra 10% on top of that... Anyway try Zon imo then Hagara.

Hi All, Just wondering after 20% will the kill order change. I mean have H Morchok & Ultrax down. We are starting Heroic Hagara tonite. Not sure if thats the right way to go.

im courious to have this comfirmed:

do u HAVE to do the 1st 6 on hc to attempt heroic spine?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im courious to have this comfirmed:

do u HAVE to do the 1st 6 on hc to attempt heroic spine?
    Yes you MUST have all 6 dead or the NPC will tell you that you can't start the encounter. I wouldn't even attempt Deathwing without killing the others first anyway.

Zeb: The kill order listed is without a nerf. However, there are statements in each section that tell you to try X boss maybe first. I would suggest Yorsahj next unless you got a competent team with co-ordination, Yor be an extreme joke now.

Write a good Doha, looks a bit tiring to see, I almost fell asleep.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surmeryou View Post
    Write a good Doha, looks a bit tiring to see, I almost fell asleep.
    I'm sorry but what's a Doha? Although I respect your opinion, this article has helped 1000's of people

nice guide, our guild did hagara before zonozz though

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well nowadays it wouldn't matter so much your choice, but this is probably the most expected route pre-nerfs The route isn't set in stone and never was but as always guides are here to try and help guilds having difficulty making decisions Thanks for taking the time to view.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Update: With the release of MoP nearby, I will be taking this post off sticky. Cheers for the thousands upon thousands of views, I hope it helped.