Thread: Rogues

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
    Watch Neilyo's Rogue vs Mage guide. From that guide I've learned how to beat (2000+ rating-ish) Frost Mages. You have to learn to Garrote without breaking Sap; Smoke Bomb a Deep Freeze; Gouge a Blink.

When you have mastered these things, you can kill a Frost Mage and you will have 80%+ hp left. As you can read, it takes a lot of practice to become an OP Rogue. While other classes like a DK take less skill to become OP. Some classes can't become OP.

Right now, I think we can all agree that Frost Mages, DK's, Rogues, Resto Shamans, Feral Druids can all become pretty OP. Maybe your opinion is slightly different than mine, but it will mostly be the same.
    I completely agree with this and thanks for your tip, I saw some guides from Neilyo and i'll try to use those tips, although it requieres a lot of practise and perfect timing.

as many have said it is not just rogues that makes one roll their eyes when regarding WoW pvp, though rogues really seem to be the primary scapegoat- ya sorry Frost mages and Feral druids.

There is no doubt that there are some issues with WoW pvp, mists will fix? I doubt it, all you do is hope it sucks a little less each time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

So calm and collected. Bet you think your cool
    Ehm no, i was showing the better side of myself. But thanks for the nice catch.

I agree with the above post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    If PVP is like Chess than that means Rogues are Queens that can perform Rook moves.
    Which makes Frost Mages bishops with plasma rifles.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

These monsters need huge nerfbat into knee. When rogue kills me being on 20%hp every time in BG I wish him to get PC broken.
    Last edited by lumbrius; 2012-03-11 at 07:40 PM.

Someone teach me the way of Rogue OP, I still can't healers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsaint View Post
    Someone teach me the way of Rogue OP, I still can't healers!
    In BG's when they don't have all their CD's up its just a matter of time. When they do have all CD's up it's never worth 1v1ing a healer as it just takes too long even if you got a chance at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    In BG's when they don't have all their CD's up its just a matter of time. When they do have all CD's up it's never worth 1v1ing a healer as it just takes too long even if you got a chance at all.
    ^ That is what I also find. Even worst in two's. This is where I would suggest Healers are OP

Everyone that doesn't play / played a rogue know that they are unbalanced atm, period.

Not be able to kill a HPally / Bear / Frost Mage (this one proved to me beatable with the right strategy) means nothing when you can just eat other classes while using your cellphone and still end the fight with 60-70% HP.

The problem with rogues (and any other unbalanced class in PvP) is the too many CC abilities, and what makes rogues so unbalanced is that they can reset the fight forever if they want to.

And I go further, I think the PROBLEM with PvP is that there is too much CC abilities for too many classes, then to counter it you increase the damage/burst that classes can do, and the it became also a problem.

If one day Blizzard manage to get the CC possibilities down, with shared DR inclusive, and take the damage numbers down (and healing/mana effective also of course), PvP will be way better, because everyone will have a chance to react, to counter it, the damage will be slow, so the fights will be more challenge.

Today is (almost) just about who opens first, who burn the CD's first - and this is what mages rogues and feral druids do unbalanced atm, they always open first if they don't screw up and got out of stealth by some AoE.

Will it happen? I doubt so.

Deleted
    My friend who is playing a rogue and have done that 1 year now never really understands how other see his class. What he see is only his point of view, and that is being a skilled rogue in pvp because he defeats 90% of the players he duels. I have explained what is op with the class etc, but he don't listen or just don't understand (because he says he just practised in arena, duels, he knows what to do), well I let him play on my druid and told him everything to do with the class, so he understood it and became decent. Now the fun part: When he met rogues in arena, he was freaking stunned because of the class he played. He said it's ridiculous, how can it kill something that fast? How can he just regain all his health just by poping a cd or two, how can it control something that easy and fast? Now hes quiet and shuts up when me and friends talks about it and how they just got raped in a kidney from full health lolol. Thanks

rogues are op

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 04:20 PM ----------

Ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, a good holy pally should take a long while to get down, if at all. 2nd, kiting around a blood dk is not winning. Hunters can also beat us with equal skill & good rng.

Just a Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytwYv...2&feature=plcp

Swifty's break down of the best pvp class, interesting to say the least.

Deleted

I dont understand his list? Is it from a 1v1 point of view? Because it has to be. That list is bullshit if he means best 3v3 classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    So when do rogues get balanced? I think pretty much everyone (high or low rated) will agree that rogues are insanely overpowered at the moment. Before 4.3 they were good, but not really OP. THey have the utility (stuns, slows) and they have the survivability (cloak, vanish) and since 4.3 they also have insane damage. This all has to do with the extra agility bonus they get from mastery (passive ability called Sinister Calling) and it needs to be tuned down. Even rogues who aren't that good can beat a skilled player. And at the moment rogues have NO COUNTER at all, as opposed to any other class. Maybe blood DK, but let's not start about those.

What have other people to say about rogues and their state at the moment?
    I agree with everything except this. mages counter us but blood dks countering us? KEK no. Especially with vengeance gone.

Rogues are just actually the most skilled players

Anyone who doesn't think rogues are op is stupid. HERP DERP DANCE YOU DEAD. HERP DERP NOTHING COUNTERS ROGUES. HERP DERP SURVIVABLITY DERP

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    I dont understand his list? Is it from a 1v1 point of view? Because it has to be. That list is bullshit if he means best 3v3 classes.
    He said dueling class, so yeah... 1v1 obviously.

Deleted

Why doesn't he organize a dueling tournament? What's up with that nonsense in that video?
    He is on KT, which is one of the most competitive US-Servers anyway, so a lot of quality players there.
    Make a dueling tournament where the winner gets 1 million gold, and you have a more accurate list.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-03-24 at 10:25 AM.