Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I've crashed twice but always in the beginning, usually before the map loads. Oh, and those Turrets... You actually have to go out of your way to get downed by them and for some reason people do just that.
    I lost count of the number of people that charge out into the open just to get downed by a turret.

It's not like the AI goes out of it's way to put the turret in a hidden position either...

<3 Stealth + Sniper Rifle as an Infiltrator with good upgrades, practically 1 shot the turrets from stealth

You must have some pretty rad weaponry Egga, I barely take one down before I run out of ammo, including grenades. When I see those Assist +~40 scores, I cry a little. And then I turn around and see someone killing one of those big Hulk thingies (A-something) in literally a second. I gently stroke my rifle, the one friend who gets me, and I cry some more.

Btw, I skimmed the Bioware forum the other day and saw something about MP chars from the demo won't be erased? Anyone who knows anything about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    You must have some pretty rad weaponry Egga, I barely take one down before I run out of ammo, including grenades. When I see those Assist +~40 scores, I cry a little. And then I turn around and see someone killing one of those big Hulk thingies (A-something) in literally a second. I gently stroke my rifle, the one friend who gets me, and I cry some more.

Btw, I skimmed the Bioware forum the other day and saw something about MP chars from the demo won't be erased? Anyone who knows anything about it?
    According to numerous Bioware tweets, nothing from the demo will carry over to the retail game. The "Atlas" you are referring to, can actually be taken out instantly with a missle you get from Equipment Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    According to numerous Bioware tweets, nothing from the demo will carry over to the retail game. The "Atlas" you are referring to, can actually be taken out instantly with a missle you get from Equipment Packs.
    +1

I also like both answers. Though I'm on the fence about the things not carrying over. It makes sense, obviously, but the RNG unlock system doesn't make sense to have in a demo if the purpose is to test the stuff out before launch, to both developer and consumer benefit. Can't test it if it's locked! Though, after an experience I had with a Krogan soldier today, equipped only with a Mantis, who hugged my infiltrator so much he covered half my screen most of the time, and insisted on attacking whatever I attacked and followed me wherever I went, I can't blame them for restricting large models to new players. It was something like this:

[x]........... <---------- KROGAN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDIER STRAFEDANCE LOL ----------> ...............[me]

I will have nightmares tonight about it.

Deleted
    Ah, a megathread. Of course.
    Well I figure I may as well share this here.

A multiplayer overview video that hopefully falls in good taste!
    Honestly, I thought it would be a tacked on mode.. But I really enjoy it so far.

nit pickers for graphics QQ

the amazing story, great fluid combat, and the customization i missed in ME2 seem to all be there for me... preorderd....boner online

15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing the demo a bit, and damn...the multiplayer isn't all that easy. Maybe its just me, but I tend to fail to complete the missions unless I'm playing with friends. And stupid packs ;-; I have yet to get anything but Krogan Solider for the alien races.

ME3 will be a strong contender for GOTY. It has everything amazing from the previous two with a huge final chapter in the story.

I am super stoked to finally see the ending.

If i were to want to have Kaiden alive in my ME3 game, would that require me to have a copy of ME1 and 2 for PC, and play through them both? I am hoping there is an easier way.

edit: I assume that it is possible to grab a save off of a friend's computer and then use it right?
    Last edited by Sylla; 2012-02-22 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    If i were to want to have Kaiden alive in my ME3 game, would that require me to have a copy of ME1 and 2 for PC, and play through them both? I am hoping there is an easier way.
    masseffectsaves has a huge archive of ME1 and ME2 saves with each type of variable, can download one of those and import it with the launcher to load. I recently grabbed a new ME1 save, did an entire play through of ME2 with it, and am ready for the finale.
    PS, props for Karkat.

Quote Originally Posted by Becquerel View Post
    masseffectsaves has a huge archive of ME1 and ME2 saves with each type of variable, can download one of those and import it with the launcher to load. I recently grabbed a new ME1 save, did an entire play through of ME2 with it, and am ready for the finale.
    PS, props for Karkat.
    Heh, now I feel kind of silly for not expecting this kind of site to exist all things considered. Thanks, 2 weeks is enough to do another playthrough of 2 I guess!

edit: I assume that it is possible to grab a save off of a friend's computer and then use it right?
    Don't even need to do any of that. In the ME3 demo you can choose to have either Kaiden or Ashley alive (or many characters dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Don't even need to do any of that. In the ME3 demo you can choose to have either Kaiden or Ashley alive (or many characters dead).
    A default game will not have the other 1k+ choices from ME1 and 2 though. It's definitely a good thing to have a full ME2 save ready to go for ME3.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Will that be in the actual game though? As far as I know Kaiden dying is cannon and thats why they force it on you in ME2 if you start from scratch. Curse buying ME1 on the xbox instead of pc, causes so many problems...

Doesn't matter anyway, there are save editors and everything to help people get a save ready without having to play through both games.
    Last edited by Sylla; 2012-02-22 at 08:26 AM.

So I played a couple rounds of the 'horde' mode. I had a blast. Can you get any Assault Rifles out of the packs beyond the Mattock? Also, how do you unlock the alien races?

And this demo is most likely going to have me pre-order, and I have not touched the single-player because I don't want to possibly spoil anything.

Deleted

There are also save generators where you can just plug in the stuff you wanted to happen free for download. And if that is too much hassle, you could just download someone else's save.

By the way, is multiplayer in any way tied to single player? As in changes the story in single player or gives powerful upgrades? I'm not really interested in MP at all and wouldn't want to feel forced to play it to complete single player 100%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So I played a couple rounds of the 'horde' mode. I had a blast. Can you get any Assault Rifles out of the packs beyond the Mattock? Also, how do you unlock the alien races?

And this demo is most likely going to have me pre-order, and I have not touched the single-player because I don't want to possibly spoil anything.
    Same way you unlock new guns, and mods. From the packs.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    By the way, is multiplayer in any way tied to single player? As in changes the story in single player or gives powerful upgrades? I'm not really interested in MP at all and wouldn't want to feel forced to play it to complete single player 100%.
    MP will have an impact on your Galactic Readiness, but you do NOT need to play it at all to achiev. 100%. It is there to play if you want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    MP will have an impact on your Galactic Readiness, but you do NOT need to play it at all to achiev. 100%. It is there to play if you want to.
    Great! Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post

i use the M-98 Widow (Geth Sniper Rifle) to completely obliterate my enemies, try hit the turret on the nozzle and not the shield plating beside it and the 1 shotting Atlas is the missiles you get from Recruit boxes and Veteran boxes (costs like 5000 creds and 20000 creds) i see alot of Soldiers spending entire clips on enemies which i can take down on 1 shot with the widow (not atlas), (fully upgraded dmg talents) mostly headshots though so the talents don't matter much