Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    I know I said it before, but I just would not be able to bring myself to choose between the two at all.
    lol Same. Renegade playthroughs are gonna be SO hard for me because I have an issue being the asshole in these sorts of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    lol Same. Renegade playthroughs are gonna be SO hard for me because I have an issue being the asshole in these sorts of games.
    i tried that as my second playthrough, but half an hour in i found myself running dickshep into fire to die.
    reneshep was at least somewhat logical in the assholery, this is just an unmitigated dickhead sociopath.
    thus why its now "dickshep" then "reneshep", you frankly won't be surprised to find dickshep kicking kittens off of cliffs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am of this strange inclination where im always pure paragon in games like mass effect and I cant do the wrong thing, but on WoW and eve I am an avid griefer. I spose its to do with who im interacting with and what they perceive.
    A character in mass effect believes they are in the real world but another player on WoW is just playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    that was made by the same guy who did the indoctrination vids, which is honestly the only way to explain why the stupid ending(cause there really is only one) even exists.. otherwise were left with the brain damaging stupidity.
    You know, thats the big thing that I can't stand about the indoctrination theory. If the ending we saw wasn't the ending... then what was? If it's true, then Bioware intentionally shipped without an ending... even though they said that the ending we saw was the ending. I mean, I appreciate that it tries to explain away the Deus ex Machina, but I feel that if it was true, it would detract more from the game and from Bioware's reputation than the original ending (rather vague plot twist (there's no real obvious concrete proof, just "maybes" that are able to be interpreted in different ways), got to get DLC (probably paid) to experience the real ending, etc). Of course, that's up for debate, relatively.

And there's another explanation as to why the ending was so stupid... because Bioware wasn't able to / didn't bring their A-game to the table. That the writing was in fact bad, and the ending was the intended one. It's not like their writing staff is infalliable. Though I haven't played, I heard Dragon Age 2 was in a very similar boat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    You know, thats the big thing that I can't stand about the indoctrination theory. If the ending we saw wasn't the ending... then what was? If it's true, then Bioware intentionally shipped without an ending... even though they said that the ending we saw was the ending. I mean, I appreciate that it tries to explain away the Deus ex Machina, but I feel that if it was true, it would detract more from the game and from Bioware's reputation than the original ending (rather vague plot twist (there's no real obvious concrete proof, just "maybes" that are able to be interpreted in different ways), got to get DLC (probably paid) to experience the real ending, etc). Of course, that's up for debate, relatively.

And there's another explanation as to why the ending was so stupid... because Bioware wasn't able to / didn't bring their A-game to the table. That the writing was in fact bad, and the ending was the intended one. It's not like their writing staff is infalliable. Though I haven't played, I heard Dragon Age 2 was in a very similar boat.
    DA2 was just a bad game, period.

It's a lot more complicated with ME3. Because 99% of the game is stunning, the multi-player is even really good and is a huge improvement in general on the other games in many ways. The story is great and enthralling and pretty surprising(but makes sense) the whole way though. Until you get to that last 15 minutes, which doesn't. Or if you consider the endings to make sense, they the rest of the series and everything they have built previously pretty much means squat.

It would be alot easier to accept if the whole game had that bad quality. But it didn't, just the ending did. That's what gets me anyway. It would easier to accept the ending if I could just toss the whole game in the trash.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-05 at 04:24 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    DA2 was just a bad game, period.

It's a lot more complicated with ME3. Because 99% of the game is stunning, the multi-player is even really good. The story is great and enthralling and pretty surprising(but makes sense) the whole way though. Until you get to that last 15 minutes, which doesn't.

It would be alot easier to accept if the whole game had that bad quality. But it didn't, just the ending did. That's what gets me anyway. It would easier to accept if I could just toss the whole game in the trash.
    Eh even the story of the game I felt wasn't as good as the others... mainly because I saw some flaws with my save porting over that detracted from the experience a touch, and a couple other things. Other than that I'd agree, the story was well done for the most part and I can understand why people put stock into the theory. I just don't see any real proof in it. As much as I hate it, it's the real ending. Nothing's going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Eh even the story of the game I felt wasn't as good as the others... mainly because I saw some flaws with my save porting over that detracted from the experience a touch, and a couple other things. Other than that I'd agree, the story was well done for the most part and I can understand why people put stock into the theory. I just don't see any real proof in it. As much as I hate it, it's the real ending. Nothing's going to change that.
    The other stories had great endings. Destroying Sovereign? Badass. Blowing up the Collector base after a successful suicide mission, sticking it to the man in the process? Badass. Red,Green,Blue, not so badass. I think that in itself influences the opinion(not just yours) that is wasn't as good story wise. There was no epic ending that reflected the content of the game(s) and everything you worked for. I don't know about you but the thing I remember most about the last two games is climbing up Sovereign and dueling Saren/Sovereign. Then in ME2, killing my way through the Collector base to find a human reaper? WTF? ME3 lacks that at the end, instead we got traffic lights. It has great stuff in the middle, but where is it at the end? I wanted to rip Harbinger's heart out for what happened over the course of the story, avenge the people lost but I don't even get a chance.

Imagine if ME2 ended with the Normandy getting blown up as soon as it went through the Omega relay, all that work for nothing. We wouldn't look back on the ME2 story as fondly as we do now.

I do also find, like you said, that ME3 was lacking a few things though as well. I really missed exploration for one. Like landing on a random planet and finding stuff.

Edit:
    Does anyone else have this bug? After the attack on the Citadel, you can approach two C-sec guards arguing in the C-sec Office. One's arguing for more focus on misdemeanor crimes, or at least continuing to arrest people for them. While the other is arguing to let some stuff slide and focus on main things. Two times now I choose to support the person who wants to focus on the main crimes.

Yet if I go check my war assets later, it says that the Citadel Defense force is focusing on misdemeanor crimes now and this will limit their efficiency, so I lose some asset points. This happen to anyone else?
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-05 at 04:58 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    -snip-
    Had that happen to me on my last playthrough.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

too many pages to shift through, but I remember a while back someone mentioned a website where you could modify your ME3 save files (change your class/look, save wrex, save rachi queen, that kind of stuff)

Anyone know the URL? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    too many pages to shift through, but I remember a while back someone mentioned a website where you could modify your ME3 save files (change your class/look, save wrex, save rachi queen, that kind of stuff)

Anyone know the URL? Thanks!
    I mentioned it while telling someone how to get TIM's eyes.

You can't modify your save on the site itself, but you can download a program that can do it.

http://svn.gib.me/builds/masseffect3/ Just grab the latest one (saveedit-r79_b97.zip at time of posting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    i tried that as my second playthrough, but half an hour in i found myself running dickshep into fire to die.
    reneshep was at least somewhat logical in the assholery, this is just an unmitigated dickhead sociopath.
    thus why its now "dickshep" then "reneshep", you frankly won't be surprised to find dickshep kicking kittens off of cliffs.
    Actually Renegade in ME3 ins kinda funny to be honest !! I have played numerous full paragon Shepards and also full Renegade ones.

Renegade is just way more straight. The paragon answers are way too nice and sweet-tempered.

I don´t know but I am not the bad guy in RL but I still enjoy being a dick in ME and other games. The renegade anwers simply feel much better because Shepard says what she/he is thinking without playing the nice one.

I love Renegade interupts too Shooting Kaidan/Ashley, Falea (Samaras daughter), Udina and finally stabbing Kai Leng was just cool. At least I enjoyed the renegade interupts much more than paragon ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I love Renegade interupts too Shooting Kaidan/Ashley
    NUUUUU why you gotta shoot Kaidan?! T____T

Deleted
    NUUUUU why you gotta shoot Kaidan?! T____T
    Haha well he won´t listen to me so I had to SHOOOT him LOL
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-04-05 at 07:01 AM.

Haha well he won´t listen to me so I had to SHOOOT him LOL
    You could've let one of your squad members take the shot you cruel, cruel thing. i-i

Deleted
    You could've let one of your squad members take the shot you cruel, cruel thing. i-i
    Nah well I tend to do tha dirty work myself I never liked Kaidan to be honest, at least not in ME1 ...

At least he lets him live that long.

I killed my Kaidans' off on Virmire.

Nah well I tend to do tha dirty work myself I never liked Kaidan to be honest, at least not in ME1 ...
    I never liked Ashley. And I've always loved Kaidan. Letting Kaidan die instead of Ashley on Virmire is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, at least on a video game. XD

Deleted
    I never liked Ashley. And I've always loved Kaidan. Letting Kaidan die instead of Ashley on Virmire is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, at least on a video game. XD
    The hardest thing was prolly shooting Mordin in tha back on 1 playthrough. I usually tend to sabotage the genophage whilst Wrex is dead and thus Mordin survives.

However I wanted to see what happens when I actually decide to not convince him but shoot him. Well that was kinda heavy.

Deleted
    I like Ashley alot more than Kaidan...
    Especially since they decided in ME3 just to make him bi for the hell of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I like Ashley alot more than Kaidan...
    Especially since they decided in ME3 just to make him bi for the hell of it...
    Actually, I believe Kaidan was originally planned as a romance option for male and female Shepard in ME1 but they took it out for males before release.