Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    I think I need to play a little more with Garrus in my party... It's been always Liara + Wrex in ME1 , Miranda + Samara in ME2 and Liara + Javik/EDI in ME3. Damn I'm boring.
    My groups are usually fairly one-sided as well. It's usually a mix of Garrus, Tali, Kaidan and Liara. And well, Javik on ME3. I love his blunt and straight comments.

And this, this conversation. D'awww. I want to adopt a krogan baby with him! And definitely retire to somewhere warm and tropical.

so one thing I didnt understand was I imported my character from ME2, nobody died in the end so everybody should be around right? Wrong

for some reason unknown to me I cant get Jack anywhere, not at the academy, not at the citadel, not anywhere. does anyone know what gives? Im 100% she didnt die so it only makes sense she should be in the game. Its pretty disappointing as she was my favorite character and shes gone yet they give me Jacob who could get blown up and I could care less

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    so one thing I didnt understand was I imported my character from ME2, nobody died in the end so everybody should be around right? Wrong

for some reason unknown to me I cant get Jack anywhere, not at the academy, not at the citadel, not anywhere. does anyone know what gives? Im 100% she didnt die so it only makes sense she should be in the game. Its pretty disappointing as she was my favorite character and shes gone yet they give me Jacob who could get blown up and I could care less
    I could be wrong but I THINK she only shows up as an instructor at Grissom Academy if you pushed her toward a paragon track. "Revealed the errors of her ways" so to speak. I also read something about if you take too long to go help the academy, Cerberus ends up getting Jack and she shows up later as a Phantom in the Cerberus HQ

I did it as soon as it was available the only thing that "might" be it is when she fought Miranda I sided with Miranda because I was trying to bang her at the time. Doing that made Jack pissed off at me so she became disloyal. I didnt think that disloyal meant dead in the next game though and it shouldnt if it does

Well the Tali comic proves at least that Red-Green-Blue didn't actually happen and that makes me so fucking happy I can't put words for it lol. How could Tali be on the citadel in the 2nd comic if it was blown the hell up?

Indoctrination thoery, or something to at least explain those endings is looking better
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-05 at 10:42 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I want to be pouring down some drinks with Garrus in an awesome bar. And adopt a krogan baby with him, since that was hinted. Yes please! Pretty please...?
    This sums it up. I'm not a femshep fan, but I always find this adorable. She has a Garrus pillow.. aww.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I did it as soon as it was available the only thing that "might" be it is when she fought Miranda I sided with Miranda because I was trying to bang her at the time. Doing that made Jack pissed off at me so she became disloyal. I didnt think that disloyal meant dead in the next game though and it shouldnt if it does
    That would probably do it. If she was disloyal to Shepard, she probably booked it right after the Collector base, even if she survived the suicide mission. Siding with one person or another in those arguments is usually a bad thing.

EDIT: Although, nothing I'm finding online states that she won't show up at the academy if she wasn't loyal, only if she was killed. Loyalty had a big impact on whether or not they survived, so you're certain Jack survived? There was no caskets at the end of the game?
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-04-05 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Well the Tali comic proves at least that Red-Green-Blue didn't actually happen and that makes me so fucking happy I can't put words for it lol. How could Tali be on the citadel in the 2nd comic if it was blown the hell up?

Indoctrination thoery is looking better
    Isnt the comic about when she uncovered Sarens treachery and comes to the citadel for the first time?
    Thats how it looks to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    That would probably do it. If she was disloyal to Shepard, she probably booked it right after the Collector base, even if she survived the suicide mission. Siding with one person or another in those arguments is usually a bad thing.

EDIT: Although, nothing I'm finding online states that she won't show up at the academy if she wasn't loyal, only if she was killed. Loyalty had a big impact on whether or not they survived, so you're certain Jack survived? There was no caskets at the end of the game?
    Might be on omega, having a blast with all those cerbs.
    She DID miss the attack on the HQ after all, which i dont consider to be fair.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post

Indoctrination thoery is looking better
    I really wish people would stop with this. Bioware isn't going with it.

The comic is based on her traveling to the Citadel in the first game. It's revealed that they treat her like shit, calling her a suit rat, not taking her Saren claims seriously, etc. throughout the series.

The comic is just the "full story" of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok im totally lost again here for like the 5th time. Bioware says there just ADDING on content to the ending to give more closure but then i see some people say it's a new ending as if they're saying an all together new ending. So is this just going to be adding on to the ending? or are they changing the ending itself in some way to give more closure?

I REALLY hope they just ADD on to the ending instead of CHANGING the ending itself. If Shepard still dies so be it at least i'll have more closure. But i would really like that happy ending with your squadmates and then seeing Shepard finally retire with his love interest which in my case was Tali'Zorah, so i'd like to see him live on Rannoch with her and help the Quarians rebuild their homeworld and help Tali build that house she wanted. Sounds corny but i would feel a lot better with that sort of ending.

And maybe just MAYBE the people who romanced Tali could REALLY see her face and not just some Photoshopped picture. I mean seriously Bioware you can do better than that, this is the LAST of the Mass Effect series for Shepard's story the least you can do (along with the ending of course) is give us Tali-mancers a chance to see her REAL face. Is that so much to ask?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-04-05 at 10:46 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Isnt the comic about when she uncovered Sarens treachery and comes to the citadel for the first time?
    It is. It's about her life prior to ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Ok im totally lost again here for like the 5th time. Bioware says there just ADDING on content to the ending to give more closure but then i see some people say it's a new ending as if they're saying an all together new ending. So is this just going to be adding on to the ending? or are they changing the ending itself in some way to give more closure?

I REALLY hope they just ADD on to the ending instead of CHANGING the ending itself. If Shepard still dies so be it at least i'll have more closure. But i would really like that happy ending with your squadmates and then seeing Shepard finally retire with his love interest which in my case was Tali'Zorah, so i'd like to see him live on Rannoch with her and help the Quarians rebuild their homeworld and help Tali build that house she wanted. Sounds corny but i would feel a lot better with that sort of ending.

And maybe just MAYBE the people who romanced Tali could REALLY see her face and not just some Photoshopped picture. I mean seriously Bioware you can do better than that.
    They've said numerous times that they're respecting the artistic integrity of the devs and not changing the current endings. The DLC they announced will simply add more epilogue cinematics on the end of the game (after the scene with the old man and child or the Normandy crew on the planet presumably) to give closure to the people who want it. The current endings will remain as they are.

And maybe just MAYBE the people who romanced Tali could REALLY see her face and not just some Photoshopped picture. I mean seriously Bioware you can do better than that.
    Adding. The current endings will stay, and no new choices will be offered. What we get is an extension to the current endings that will give is further clarification and closure.

Of which I only really need to know why Tali was on the Normandy at the end. The rest I can deal with.

Yes it is, sorry, I read it wrong lol. Just woke up and it was the first thing I read, still groggy. That's disappointing first thing in the morning .

Well this sucks, this is exactly what I did not want to hear. Guess I'll be trading in my copy to gamestop sadly. No point in waiting around for DLC that's just cinematics and epilogues(still takes months to come out for no actual gameplay, your joking right?). I can just watch it on youtube when it comes out. They should of just been in the game in the first freaking place if it's just cinematics and epilogues. I'm not going to be walked on by them, I hate what EA has done to my favorite gaming company. Free or not isn't the problem for me. They should of released a complete game if all that was missing was epilogues and cinematics.

I can't believe after how perfect they did DLC for ME2, that now they have done a complete 180 and do DLC in the worst possible way.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-05 at 11:18 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted

And maybe just MAYBE the people who romanced Tali could REALLY see her face and not just some Photoshopped picture. I mean seriously Bioware you can do better than that, this is the LAST of the Mass Effect series for Shepard's story the least you can do (along with the ending of course) is give us Tali-mancers a chance to see her REAL face. Is that so much to ask?
    They better not change the endings, it was a brilliant mindfuck and having the galaxy fight on for survival in Shepards legacy is damn nice.
    Ofcourse, one ending is where he (in theory) survives because he had enough will and managed to break free from indoctrination, this is probably the epilogue that alot of people have been vocal about (retiring/reunited etc).
    We get clarification, closure and epilogues. This is what the endings lacked and needed.
    Its coming in summer, and since they are taking months to do it - it MIGHT just be the OHGAWDMYMINDISGALAXY epic final fight/ending/epilogue we have gotten accustomed in the first two games. Maybe even better.
    Maybe they will after some time break free from EA even.
    And this time, our choices might even affect the final cinematic.
    Ah yes, i will watch the krogans go extinct... mwuahaha..

Heres to hoping they will close off the history of Mass Effect with a loud epic bang, and a tear-inducing fading out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better not change the endings, it was a brilliant mindfuck and having the galaxy fight on for survival in Shepards legacy is damn nice.
    Ofcourse, one ending is where he (in theory) survives because he had enough will and managed to break free from indoctrination, this is probably the epilogue that alot of people have been vocal about (retiring/reunited etc).
    We get clarification, closure and epilogues. This is what the endings lacked and needed.
    Its coming in summer, and since they are taking months to do it - it MIGHT just be the OHGAWDMYMINDISGALAXY epic final fight/ending/epilogue we have gotten accustomed in the first two games. Maybe even better.
    Maybe they will after some time break free from EA even.
    And this time, our choices might even affect the final cinematic.
    Ah yes, i will watch the krogans go extinct... mwuahaha..

Heres to hoping they will close off the history of Mass Effect with a loud epic bang, and a tear-inducing fading out.
    And TALI DAMN IT! I WANT MY TALI!!
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    My tali-romance save was the only one i bothered to get enough readiness to get the survival scene for.
    Wont matter yet, but i have hope of a better tomorrow...

For the love of god, those hips deserves some love after this war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if Shepard doesn't get reunited with his LI, I'm going to abandon bioware for breaking my heart.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the past I'd give bioware the benefit of the the doubt and just buy a DLC if it sounded cool, no longer. The only way id consider spending another cent on ME3 stuff is if they fix the ending entirely, I refuse to acknowledge that butchering of my beloved characters with time let alone my money.

On a happy note the ending I dreamed up in my head is going swimmingly, Myself and Liaras eldest child Garrus got accepted into a great school and little Jack our youngest just said her first word, warp. Looks like she takes after her parents and namesake <3 (Im an adept in all playthroughs)
    Tali came by with some great news, She and Garrus are getting married and building a house on the very spot she reserved on Rannock.

Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    So you've finally met, the hoping guy and the crushing hopes guy!
    I mean... it's a theory, with the data we currently have, we can only assume, nothing else.
    And I suppose it's not contrary to the whole indoctrination mechanics, there are parts of the game when it's not entirely clear what's going on, well, especially the part where Shep is supposed to wake up in that pile of rubble, presuming, on earth. The question is actually one:
    WHY they added that? I understand that controling the reapers = you die. Synthesis = you die of space magic, but... why don't you just die while you destroy them? Why this scene is there?
    I would be sceptical about that theory, if it wasn't for that cutscene, it kinda makes me think.

Also:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-17626125
    Summer. WHY U SO FAR AWAY?!
    Well the red ending is the only one where Shepard doesn't get disintegrated, and I think BW felt that they needed to throw something into the game to suggest that Shepard may not be dead. Maybe they realized that all the endings are morbid as fuck and we needed some kind of light at the end of the tunnel in at least ONE scenario. Yes, him surviving falling back to Earth is a bit of a stretch (though as I mentioned a few pages back, maybe the part of the Citadel he was on wasn't severely damaged and managed to survive reentry) but I think that's one of the things the Extended Cut will touch on. That and the Normandy escape part.

A good theory needs to have a decent degree of explanatory power and it needs to be able to withstand repeated criticism/testing. To me the indoctrination theory does neither. Like I said, it is based on a premise which goes against all the information given to us by the game. For example, the idea that the post-Harbinger beam part of the game is all a vision or dream. Where else in all three games is there an instance of anything remotely similar happening? The information we have provides us with the symptoms of hearing noises/buzzing and this eventually leads to hearing voices. The whole dream idea just does not follow from that information. Another example is the Prothean VI on Thessia. All the opportunities for Shepard to become indoctrinated have come and gone at this point in the game, yet the VI only reacts negatively to Kai Leng and not Shepard. That, to me, shuts down any indoctrination talk that doesn't rely on baseless assumptions/ad-hoc hypotheses.

Its explanatory power is limited because, well, it provides a rather simple and unsatisfying explanation for what happens in the ending without actually resolving anything. Say you pick the blue ending and you take control of the Reapers. Yes, the bullshit with the Normandy happens and you have to put up with the god child, but whatever, people survive and with the Reapers under control, you can rebuild the Mass Relays and find the Normandy eventually. You can draw your own conclusions, even if the ending isn't completely satisfying (after gathering max assets I would have preferred for Shepard to control the Reapers and be alive but w/e). Or you can pick indoctrination as the explanation, which means that since you picked the blue ending, you stay indoctrinated and the Reapers win. Not only does it wave away everything that just happened as a dream (which to me would be both a huge cop-out and shitty writing), it resolves absolutely nothing. Anderson and Shepard's convo? Nope, doesn't happen. Shepard finally confronting TIM? Nope, doesn't happen. Instead, the Reapers just...win. Instead, you fail and then the game ends.

And again, the idea that Shepard can somehow move past this point in the red ending spawns the idea that there is a right and wrong ending, which Bioware would never ever do. The endings, however much they may suck, are more or less balanced. In green/blue, Shepard only has to sacrifice himself but you don't really get closure with the Reaper situation. In red, he can survive and screw over the Reapers, but at the cost of EDI and the Geth. Creating only one ending which allows further gameplay would completely unbalance them. I know I said it in my last post, but jesus christ the idea is so ridiculous I just had to bring it up again.