Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Heh, honestly I have a completely different opinion. If it turns out to be true, it would be one of the best moves I ever seen since I watched “Vidocq”, something almost completely unexpected that shows up from nowhere to kick you on the ass. Not only that, but it would be quite smart from the company itself considering that they were kind of forced to change the ending due a massive leak…
    Yeah I'm one of those people who like having answers when I finish a story, which is why my main issue with the ending was the lack of closure. Open-ended or overly subtle stories irk me. >.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that changes the ending. If someone picks the blue ending they are told the game ends with the reapers being controlled, the galaxy being saved from destruction, the Citadel closes up and flies away. That is how the game ends for blue. The ending is similar to green except that all life is now organic and in-organic. If none of that actually happened then they have changed the endings. It leaves no room for interpretation. As stated the indoctrination theory can't be true. But just because they say or plan one thing doesn't mean it is impossible since they have changed their plans on things for the game before.

Adding to the ending that you are now indoctrinated, or you are not indoctrinated and this is how you fail/save the galaxy for real is changing the endings. They are going to offer context and closure and not new endings. The context and closure will only explain the current endings and explain what happened before and after the endings to lead to that point.
    Actually nowhere in the ending does it say the reapers have been controlled. All you see is blue explosions and the reapers flying off. That could mean anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    Actually nowhere in the ending does it say the reapers have been controlled. All you see is blue explosions and the reapers flying off. That could mean anything.
    Okay then. What is the theory as to why the Reapers would suddenly stop attacking everyone, blow up the Mass relays and fly away? It says in the ending they were controlled because that is what was said by the Catalyst. Something stopped them from completing their mission of ultimate destruction. It wasn't because they indoctrinated one N7 soldier and spectre.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Do you have a source for this information? Otherwise it's not credible.
    Alpha relay information. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Relay

Combine that with the fact that the Reapers were mere seconds from Arrival which means the relay was nearly fully charged. Like 99.9%. I also meant Dark energy in my post, not dark matter. I watch to much science fiction lol.

That and the fact that if the relays exploded in the ME3 ending like the Alpha relay. Shepard breathing in rubble in destroy ending = impossible. NOTHING would survive. The entire Sol system and any system with a relay in the galaxy would be space dust. The alpha relay exploding is on par with a supernova in power. The fact they they have stated Mass effect continues on after ME3 proves it did not happen. Nothing would be alive to continue with if they all exploded like that. The Reapers have relays set up for every species that can possibly ever evolve to become a sentient lifeform.

As to actually how the relays crumble, I made an educated guess on that. The fact remains that the explosions are minor and a giant shock wave is not released because we see it pass over things without making them explode or fly backwards. It is just an energy wave.

In the destroy ending it's an energy wave that kills Reapers and synthetics like god-shild says.
    In the control ending it's an energy wave that gives control of the Reapers to Shepard, like god-child says.
    In the synthesis ending it's an energy wave that alters people's genetic or synthetic codes by adding parts of Shepard to them all. He also says that.

In all cases it's not a killer shockwave. But a helpful energy wave. If indoctrination thoery is true, then those don't apply. Wouldn't matter anyway if it's true because the relays exploding would of never happened.

Sorry it took so long, was working today.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-05-06 at 04:41 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    The indoctrination theory kind of covers that up to, actually I suggest you to check it out in youtube if you haven’t yet. IF it’s correct, then what you seen happening and catalyst told you were merely a “vision”, the vision of Shepard “controlling” the reapers can be as real as it was for TIM, he also knew that he could control them, look at what happened.
    I was asking for what explains it in the parameters of something that doesn't change the endings. And the ending is that the reapers stop attacking and fly away. It just being a dream/vision/fake/all-in-your-head/whatever changes the ending as it was. I know what the Indoctrination theory says. It can't be a vision because then it wouldn't be the ending. The DLC isn't changing the ending it is adding new cinematic sequences and epilogues. Everything is still going to end the same with Red, Blue and Green. You are just going to learn a little more about why and what happens after those 3 different endings.

In order for the Indoctrination Theory to be true Bioware would have had to lie in both their Press release and FAQ about the Extended Cut DLC. Perhaps they did, but I doubt they would lie about something like this given the outcry over already made misleading statements.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I was asking for what explains it in the parameters of something that doesn't change the endings. And the ending is that the reapers stop attacking and fly away. It just being a dream/vision/fake/all-in-your-head/whatever changes the ending as it was. I know what the Indoctrination theory says. It can't be a vision because then it wouldn't be the ending. The DLC isn't changing the ending it is adding new cinematic sequences and epilogues. Everything is still going to end the same with Red, Blue and Green. You are just going to learn a little more about why and what happens after those 3 different endings.

In order for the Indoctrination Theory to be true Bioware would have had to lie in both their Press release and FAQ about the Extended Cut DLC. Perhaps they did, but I doubt they would lie about something like this given the outcry over already made misleading statements.
    The ending to ME3 is that the reapers were stopped. That is the utmost ending, no matter what option you choose. Indoctrination theory could still be true by using this ultimate outcome as a means to an end.

IF they decide to continue with Shepard waking up from said indoctrination, it would not change the penultimate ending.

15+ Year Old Account
    The ending to ME3 is that the reapers were stopped. That is the utmost ending, no matter what option you choose. Indoctrination theory could still be true by using this ultimate outcome as a means to an end.

IF they decide to continue with Shepard waking up from said indoctrination, it would not change the penultimate ending.
    They specifically state endings. Plural, so it can't be one penultimate ending they are referring to in the Extended Cut DLC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    One of Vega's lines when he doesn't have any more one-off lines is 'You hear that hum? Is that just me?'. Obviously this can only mean that the Normandy is a secret Reaper indoctrination device.
    No that's a Battlestar Galactica Easter egg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They already said that the extended cut would be ALOT of cinematic epilogues...

I dunno why, but im looking forwards to Tali's and Garrus wedding.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-06 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    They already said that the extended cut would be ALOT of cinematic epilogues...

I dunno why, but im looking forwards to Tali's and Garrus wedding.
    I was also under the impression that the initial plan was to NOT have any additional voiceovers. Things are definitely moving fast at the moment.

Deleted
    I was also under the impression that the initial plan was to NOT have any additional voiceovers. Things are definitely moving fast at the moment.
    They did say that they held off the ending to see the feedback, what the fans wanted before they release it.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-06 at 11:55 AM.

I still thought it would only be a few extra cinematics to give an overall view of the state of the galaxy at the end of it. With voiceovers being done it points at us getting a lot more than that.

Deleted
    Regarding EMS, it's probably not too much of a stretch that eventually you can break the 8k Barrier through single player alone once more DLC is released. I suppose the complaint would then be that you have to pay for the perfect ending, but meh. You're already missing out on EMS by not playing Bring Down the Sky in ME1 and letting Balak live.

If someone can't stomach an hour of multiplayer to accomplish a 'perfect score' in ME, it feels like a silly complaint when most other RPG's require a double digit number of hours spent grinding the same boring stuff. Originally I wasn't hot on ME3 MP either, but it has grown on me now that I have given it a shot. You don't have to communicate with your team mates at all, just shoot stuff.

Technically, you can grind out a few characters to level 20 and import them into the single player campain for 75 points of war assets each (rounded down to 37.5 if you let EMS drop to 50% again afterwards). Do that a bunch of times and you can get your 8k EMS without having to touch multiplayer again and the effort will pay off in every single playthrough you make from that moment onwards. I wouldn't be too surprised if Bioware eventually does away with the readiness altogether, but that's probably not until after the last DLC.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 02:29 PM ----------

Speaking of ME3 DLC, what would you guys and gals like to see? I'm personally hoping we'll be able to team up with Aria to take back Omega at some point.

I still thought it would only be a few extra cinematics to give an overall view of the state of the galaxy at the end of it. With voiceovers being done it points at us getting a lot more than that.
    Holy shit i didnt log on mmo for a few day`s and i missed a lot of talk.. pff need to read it all but cba now i1ll do it later.
    As for the ending they did say they would provide siwth additionla coverage but indeed it seems they are preparing to give us more then what we expected.

though i think thats a good thing as long as it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Holy shit i didnt log on mmo for a few day`s and i missed a lot of talk.. pff need to read it all but cba now i1ll do it later.
    As for the ending they did say they would provide siwth additionla coverage but indeed it seems they are preparing to give us more then what we expected.

though i think thats a good thing as long as it makes sense.
    Closure, and the endings will be affected by the choices you have made in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    We always end up going in circles. While we're here, shall we discuss Arrival?
    /joke

Interesting link however, it's such a shame the ending turned out the way it did.
    Does anybody know the date of the extended cut or has it not been announced yet?
    as far as i know it hasnt been announched yet but i do think we can expect more info in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    We always end up going in circles. While we're here, shall we discuss Arrival?
    /joke

Interesting link however, it's such a shame the ending turned out the way it did.
    Does anybody know the date of the extended cut or has it not been announced yet?
    Some time in June.

Deleted
    No rush. I would rather they took their time with it. If they're happy with how it "closes" the trilogy I will be happy with it too.

I thought of an idea for DLC last night, Helping Aria reclaim Omega. I missed Omega in ME3. I think that would be quite fun.
    Yea we figured that would be interesting as well.
    With the option to sacrifise the bloodpack, eclipse and blue suns in the process.
    We get rid of cerberus forces, and we would have less chaotic and murderous mercenary/pirate scum to deal with after we have defeated the reapers and need time to recover.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Some time in June.
    They have only said this summer. Which is can vary a little bit depending exactly how you use summer. As summer can mean anything from last week of may to first week of September or June 20th to September 22nd.