Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Technically Hackett is not shepps boss. as shepp is a spectre and does not need to answer to the alliance anymore.
    But hes does and i`m not really sure why
    Yeah forgot about that. I really don´t know why Hackett debriefs him every fricking time.

In ME1 Shep has the opportunity to either inform the council after each main world (Feros ...) or NOT. So yeah he does not need to debrief with the council at all in ME1.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 11:05 AM ----------

I think that Shepard should be able to command a Ship without Hackett telling him what to do every 20 minutes. LOL

Shep defeated the Sovereign without Hackett telling him what to do after each mission.

Shep defeated the Collectors without Hackett telling him what to do.

So yeah I think that they really overdid Admiral Hackett in ME3 !! Seriously ...
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-05-07 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    Shepard was reinstated as an alliance commander in the start of ME3, you guys forgot that?
    So yeah, Hackett IS actually Shepards superior and his "boss".
    Being a SPECTRE doesnt mean you have to put everything else aside, hell, you could work as a colony chef and still be a spectre.

And seeing how important the crucible is and the fact that the entire galazy is at stake, i can understand that Hackett wants regular updates.

Also, Hackett and the fleets defeated Sovereign, Shep just lined him up quite nicely.

On that note, why the hell did Sovereign put down his shields after Sovereign-Saren was killed?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-07 at 10:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Shepard was reinstated as an alliance commander in the start of ME3, you guys forgot that?
    So yeah, Hackett IS actually Shepards superior and his "boss".
    Being a SPECTRE doesnt mean you have to put everything else aside, hell, you could work as a colony chef and still be a spectre.
    ov
    And seeing how important the crucible is and the fact that the entire galazy is at stake, i can understand that Hackett wants regular updates.
    Well his Spectre status was upheld so he was still above any human admiral at that point. Spectres only answer to the council after all.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Well his Spectre status was upheld so he was still above any human admiral at that point. Spectres only answer to the council after all.
    Spectres only answer to the council in council/spectre matters - not if his captain tells him to clean house in a pirate stronghold on a moon somewhere.
    Hes above the law, but not his alliance superiors while hes an officer in the alliance.
    If he decided to quit the alliance, then you would be right - hackett wouldnt have the right to call him at 2am, but as it stands - Hackett can order Shepard.
    He is still obliged to follow the chain of command and follow the rules.
    There is a great difference between special tactics work (SPECTRE) and official military work (Alliance) and Shep cant even demand the alliance fleets. Hackett is the authority there and gives them to Shep (heck, some joins later at Hacketts command, not Shepard telling the brass to mass under him)
    Imagine how it would be if Shepard was given free reins in the alliance command just because hes a council spectre (and the council have no power or authority over goverments).
    Well, wouldnt be that much different..
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-07 at 10:49 AM.

Deleted
    Gravath you are incorrect there !!

Remember ME1. Shepard was an Alliance Commander but after he became Spectre Anderson told him that the Normandy is now under Council orders but Shepard was still technically an Alliance Commander.

He did NOT debrief with Anderson or Hackett !! He only had the council as his "BOSSES". So yeah Hackett is no way his boss in ME3.

To be honest Hackett is not even the boss of the Alliance. He is just one of a dozen Admirals like Anderson or Mikhailovich is.

He should not be that chatty. Shepard knows what to do even without Hacketts "help". He just got a bit annoying in ME3.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 02:14 PM ----------

Deleted
    Normandy was not under council jurisdiction, anderson stepped down because it would be unfit for a spectre to answer to someone on the same ship.
    The alliance grounded normandy in ME1, not the council.
    And there was no reason to debrief anderson or hackett in ME1 because it was all spectre business, whereas in ME3 its a bit more global.
    Hackett was never the boss of the alliance, hell noone is since the entire leadership was wiped out out but he got senior command and is in charge of the forces building the crucible.
    He updates Shepard and Shepard updates him.

The reaper forces wiped out half the galaxy and is planning on wiping out the other half, would he really just sit back and wait for shepard to show up and go "im done here, lets kill them", provided he doesnt die (which is actually possible since hes not Superman).
    Who the fuck would do that?

If you were incharge of the hope for the entire galaxy, and you have a guy running around fetching tools for it and putting his life at the brink every single hour, you would damn well call him all the time to see its running as it should.
    Shits going down 30 times an hour, and any manager knows that you need to handle things asap if something breaks down and catches fire.
    Hes running damage control in a galaxy that just hit 11 on damage scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Gravath you are incorrect there !!

Remember ME1. Shepard was an Alliance Commander but after he became Spectre Anderson told him that the Normandy is now under Council orders but Shepard was still technically an Alliance Commander.

He did NOT debrief with Anderson or Hackett !! He only had the council as his "BOSSES". So yeah Hackett is no way his boss in ME3.

To be honest Hackett is not even the boss of the Alliance. He is just one of a dozen Admirals like Anderson or Mikhailovich is.

He should not be that chatty. Shepard knows what to do even without Hacketts "help". He just got a bit annoying in ME3.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 02:14 PM ----------
    In addition i would like to add that in ME2 Shepp was not even working for the alliance as they considered him dead. only after hearing he was alive hackett contacted him through mail but nonetheless shepp was working with Cerberus and not the alliance.

With that said whats ever more surprising if he would still fall under alliance command wouldn't they charge him with treason for working with a terrorist organization as cerberus is classified as such. nobody likes it but they dont charge him with treason nor do they forbid him, i believe this is due to the fact he is a Spectre and does not have to answer to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    I just don´t think it is necessary for Hackett to debrief Shep after EACH fricking single side mission. Seriously that guy really got annoying !!

I would not mind if he spoke to Shep after each main mission (Rannoch ...) but yeah that´s just me.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 02:30 PM ----------

Udina grounded Shepard in ME1 and so NO the alliance did NOT ground the Normandy in ME 1 !!!!
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-05-07 at 12:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that Hackett is Shepards "BOSS" but he acts like if Shep has no clue what to do. I think that Shepard could finish the game without Hackett debriefing him every single time.

I thought that Hackett commands the entire Alliance Fleet so why does he have so much time to chat with Shep??
    Its a military thing. Hackett is the highest ranking official of the fleet left alive and the one put in charge of system alliance and its resistance. Personally I like it because it brings a connection to Shepards actions. He isn't just off doing whatever he feels like and is an active part of the top level decisions. Shepard is less of a renegade soldier and more of a commander.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its a military thing. Hackett is the highest ranking official of the fleet left alive and the one put in charge of system alliance and its resistance. Personally I like it because it brings a connection to Shepards actions. He isn't just off doing whatever he feels like and is an active part of the top level decisions. Shepard is less of a renegade soldier and more of a commander.
    You are wrong. There are still quite a few Admirals left alive in ME3. Remember Mikhailovich ? or Anderson ? Hackett is not the highest ranking one !!

This does not lead to anything. I personally don´t like the fact that Hackett is so damn chatty but you guys like it. So yeah

Edit: Hackett is NOT Shepards BOSS. All he does is inform Shepard about the mission. However he does it every 15 minutes ingame.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-05-07 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted

Udina grounded Shepard in ME1 and so NO the alliance did NOT ground the Normandy in ME 1 !!!!
    Makes more sense when i actually remember that Udina appealed to the council, was wondering why the alliance was dealing into spectre business.

Hackett exercises more command over the alliance fleets than Anderson or Mikhailovich (if he survived), so that makes him the highest ranking (even if the rank is shared).

And its good to actually hear that what you do have an effect, as opposed to - you did that, now you never hear about what happened after.
    Hackett IS shepards boss as an alliance officer, the only reason why he isnt ordering him left and right is because alliance cant command other races and need Shepards ability as a spectre to unify them.

And any specific reason why you abuse the exclamationmark button?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-05-07 at 12:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    With that said whats ever more surprising if he would still fall under alliance command wouldn't they charge him with treason for working with a terrorist organization as cerberus is classified as such. nobody likes it but they dont charge him with treason nor do they forbid him, i believe this is due to the fact he is a Spectre and does not have to answer to the Alliance.
    Hence the House arrest at the start of ME3. He was under house arrest for working with Cerberus and/or blowing up the Alpha Relay. As a spectre you get a lot of immunity under the Citadel council Treaties. However you can still choose what to do, and Shepard still choose to be a part of the Systems Alliance Military. Could he have pulled rank and done whatever he wanted? Sure, but that isn't who Shepard is. He could have left house arrest at any time by pulling rank and claiming Specter immunity.

Even Renegade Shepard isn't like that, he still has a code and loyalty to something. Specter is more of a rank and less of a job. Shepard stayed doing what he loved serving in the military but he just has certain powers above and beyond your standard N7 rank member.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Makes more sense when i actually remember that Udina appealed to the council, was wondering why the alliance was dealing into spectre business.

And any specific reason why you abuse the exclamationmark button?
    Why? Are you offended by 5 exclamation marks?? I just don´t get it.

Yeah the Alliance (Anderson) tried to help Shepard when he was grounded. It was the work of Udina who ís no member of the Alliance (ambassador).

Hence the House arrest at the start of ME3. He was under house arrest for working with Cerberus and/or blowing up the Alpha Relay. As a spectre you get a lot of immunity under the Citadel council Treaties. However you can still choose what to do, and Shepard still choose to be a part of the Systems Alliance Military. Could he have pulled rank and done whatever he wanted? Sure, but that isn't who Shepard is. He could have left house arrest at any time by pulling rank and claiming Specter immunity.

Even Renegade Shepard isn't like that, he still has a code and loyalty to something. Specter is more of a rank and less of a job. Shepard stayed doing what he loved serving in the military but he just has certain powers above and beyond your standard N7 rank member.
    I can understand where you are coming from but he is not placed under arrest for working with Cerberus he is placed under arrest as part of the trial he faced for blowing up 300.000 Baterians. nothing more. as stated at the end of the Arrival DLc when hacket visits you on the normandy he clearly states he will be brought to trial for blowing up a star system. there is never any talk about him facing trial for playing with cerberus.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong. There are still quite a few Admirals left alive in ME3. Remember Mikhailovich ? or Anderson ? Hackett is not the highest ranking one !!
    Yes he is. Hackett is the one in charge of the Fleets. He is the one calling the shots for every fleet. As the game mentions he sacrificed the second fleet so the third and fifth could escape to fight another day. He might not be the top politician left but he is the one designated as leader of the Fleets. The Normandy is a ship and falls under the command of the Top Naval officer. That officer is Hackett.

Hackett is Shepard's boss.

Deleted
    The Normandy might be an Alliance vessel but Shepard is a SPECTRE. Don´t you get it rhorle?

Shepards boss is the COUNCIL

"Spectres have no command structure. They answer only to the Council, and in some cases the Council prefers not to know the exact details of how a Spectre accomplishes their mission. Spectres act in any way they see fit, either with careful diplomacy or ruthless force, being officially above any law. Some people, like Executor Pallin, see Spectres as a potential risk because they are not constrained by the law, while others are in awe of them; Officer Eddie Lang mentions Spectres on vids are portrayed as super-agents always on some mission to save the galaxy. The assignment of a Spectre is often less contentious than a military deployment, but shows that the Council is aware of a situation."

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Spectres

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the Alliance (Anderson) tried to help Shepard when he was grounded. It was the work of Udina who ís no member of the Alliance (ambassador).
    Really? In order to be the ambassador for something you have to be a part of that something. As the ambassador for the Systems Alliance Udina is certainly a member of the Systems Alliance.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 08:52 AM ----------

The Normandy might be an Alliance vessel but Shepard is a SPECTRE. Don´t you get it rhorle?
    Play Mass Effect 3 please. Shepard shows that he doesn't let Specter Status put him above the law or the Alliance. He chooses to keep himself as part of the Alliance there for by his Choice Hackett is his boss.

Deleted
    Really? In order to be the ambassador for something you have to be a part of that something. As the ambassador for the Systems Alliance Udina is certainly a member of the Systems Alliance.
    It was not the Alliance. It was Udina as an Ambassador with the Council (Sheps Bosses)

"After Shepard convinced the Council of Saren's imminent attack on the Citadel, Udina tried to move in and take control of the situation, wanting to keep humanity at the forefront of the battle against Saren to prove their usefulness. However, Shepard wasn't finished. The Commander tried to warn them that the Reapers were getting ready to invade and destroy the galaxy, but the Council was tired of listening to Shepard's 'dreams' about the Reapers. Udina wanted to show that Shepard wasn't speaking for the Alliance, and ordered the Normandy's controls locked out, leaving Shepard and the crew grounded until further notice."

Deleted
    Why? Are you offended by 5 exclamation marks?? I just don´t get it.
    Very annoying with a touch of obnoxious.

Actually, even as a SPECTRE, he have to face the music about working for a terrorist organization who have done many crimes against the alliance (such as murdering troops and the admiral in ME1).
    Any cerberus member is punishable by law by joining them, especially former alliance members.
    A human spectre is out of reach, but not an officer that rejoins the alliance after working for a VERY shady terrorist organization.
    Hell, being a spectre is the only reason he wasnt sent to jail.
    Knowledge of a mythical enemy and a sole officers good word have never had weight in a military court.

If Shepard was untouchable in the alliance command as a SPECTRE, they would had honorably discharged him on the grounds of being a liability to the command.
    You do things, you face the consequences. Being a spectre gives you leeway, but work AGAINST (technically, since they are enemies) your employer and then rejoin him, you have to answer alot of things.
    Not to mention that Cerberus is an enemy of the council itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was not the Alliance. It was Udina as an Ambassador with the Council (Sheps Bosses)

"After Shepard convinced the Council of Saren's imminent attack on the Citadel, Udina tried to move in and take control of the situation, wanting to keep humanity at the forefront of the battle against Saren to prove their usefulness. However, Shepard wasn't finished. The Commander tried to warn them that the Reapers were getting ready to invade and destroy the galaxy, but the Council was tired of listening to Shepard's 'dreams' about the Reapers. Udina wanted to show that Shepard wasn't speaking for the Alliance, and ordered the Normandy's controls locked out, leaving Shepard and the crew grounded until further notice."
    And that still shows that Udina was a member of the Alliance. You can be a member of more the one thing you know.