10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    There isn't going to be an assignment this weekend. They do them every other weekend now.
    Thats because this is Diablo 3 weekend! WOOOOOOOOOO! Ok, now that I got that out. Any date for upcoming DLC? Uninstalled the game a little while back and wondering if I should reinstall anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Thats because this is Diablo 3 weekend! WOOOOOOOOOO! Ok, now that I got that out. Any date for upcoming DLC? Uninstalled the game a little while back and wondering if I should reinstall anytime soon.
    None other than "summer" at this point. Though I'm fairly certain we'll see another update to Multiplayer some time in the near future, adding vorcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I actually just realized yesterday that the reason they're doing them every second weekend now might be because they're timing them with DLC, and we know things got pushed back by the Extended Cut. It was actually the mention of the vorcha that made me think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    There isn't going to be an assignment this weekend. They do them every other weekend now.
    O yeah i forgot its every other weekend now. o well gives me more time to play D3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    These forums and site aren't for discussing posters. No matter how much people want to, no matter how hard it is for them to focus on anything but me (LOL). They need to keep talk of me off of the forums and leave it to private messages, or non-these-forum discussions. If I see a discussion starting to head personal (and not just in regards to me) I'll comment about it because the best moderation comes when the people involved do their best to moderate themselves. So for the third time, Posting crap about me shouldn't happen regardless of if you actually get infracted for it.

If all you can do is comment about a poster you are better off not posting at all.
    As much as I don't agree with Rhorle's opinion about supporting the endings, we had a discussion with him about Mass Effect 3, I never took it to personal levels. I completely agree with his point. This is a forum for discussing Mass Effect 3. Him being called out for disagreeing with another persons opinion is completely out of context in a thread to discuss Mass Effect 3 it adds nothing to the discussion.

That being said, I'll pose a question about the extended cut. Thoughts on what it will entail? Personally I am hoping they somehow incorporate a new ending into it. I know Bioware stated they will not change the ending, but it seemed kind of vague when I first read it. I know me personally, I want a happy ending where Shepard lives + a cinematic with your love interest after this is all said and done.

OT:I've been in Ocean City on vacation so I've kind of let our discussion die Rhorle

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    That being said, I'll pose a question about the extended cut. Thoughts on what it will entail? Personally I am hoping they somehow incorporate a new ending into it. I know Bioware stated they will not change the ending, but it seemed kind of vague when I first read it. I know me personally, I want a happy ending where Shepard lives + a cinematic with your love interest after this is all said and done.
    I'd love a happy ending too to be honest, though I have a hard time seeing it happening considering the whole "for the greater good" feel to the game in general.

I'm honestly not sure what to expect. It depends on how they choose to explain the events. Be it indoctrination or something completely different, it will determine how the events unfold. I know what I want, but I don't have a clue what will happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    What I want out of it is
    1) Something explaining the Normandy cinematic.
    2) Something that explains more of the reapers purpose and what the Catalyst is (and if it is in fact the "Being of Light" mentioned in ME1).
    3) What happens to the galaxy with the 3 different choices. As in a little more then just knowing that things are destroyed, controlled, or synthesized. A little more on what each of those options mean to the galaxy would be nice. Even if its just "Reapers are now school buses thanks to Shepards Blue/Control choice"

1 and 3 are for sure thing and I'd bet money on it. Two is a little more wishful thinking though as they've mentioned before that the Extended cut will be cinematics and epilogues to offer clarity and closure. I don't really see them adding actually choices or selectable dialogue. I feel it will just more info after you pick 1 of 3 ending options.

Besides number two on my list is better answered and explored in a DLC like Shadow broker or Overlord. That might be another problem with the endings and how they were presented. While they make sense, in my opinion, they don't get fully answered until Bioware releases all the DLC for ME3. It really is too good of a story arc to ignore until a later game. But it would make for a great game to play in another cycle or in the first cycle as the Reapers mission statement was being formed.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-05-15 at 04:54 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just had a great silver match. I was playing around with my asari vanguard. Get to round 8 and everything is going fairly well. Then the host runs into a pack, gets himself killed and then rage quits so the rehost thing comes up. After that load it was just me and an asari Adept for the round. We manged to get through it with some missiles and nice revives. Then the next round was madness and we end up getting downed by a banshee on top of us with no missiles. Just as we're both dying with no medigel another guy joins the game, missiles the banshee and the guys in the area and picks us up. Another guy joined as we cleaned up the round and we got full extraction

Such epic timing. Still after months of MP the game finds ways to keep me entertained.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Just had a great silver match. I was playing around with my asari vanguard. Get to round 8 and everything is going fairly well. Then the host runs into a pack, gets himself killed and then rage quits so the rehost thing comes up. After that load it was just me and an asari Adept for the round. We manged to get through it with some missiles and nice revives. Then the next round was madness and we end up getting downed by a banshee on top of us with no missiles. Just as we're both dying with no medigel another guy joins the game, missiles the banshee and the guys in the area and picks us up. Another guy joined as we cleaned up the round and we got full extraction

Such epic timing. Still after months of MP the game finds ways to keep me entertained.
    sometimes you just get lucky.

I myself had a similair one yesterday only there was no cavalry to save us after 2 guys left.
    We did manage to hold our own on Geth gold run saving our rockets when being overwhelmed with Geth primes and little shits

anyhow it feel awesome when you actually get it done when you didn't expect it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

any1 else not been able to load ea servers?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Talking of the EC, does anyone know the furthest point you can save the game (Xbox).
    My last manual save is from before you fire the first missile at the London Reaper. After that was waves of brutes/banshees until you fire the second, which jumps straight to cutscene, all the way to Marauder Shields. Then I didn't find a single place I could save on the Citadel, despite having 4 or 5 autosave points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomazooma View Post
    Talking of the EC, does anyone know the furthest point you can save the game (Xbox).
    My last manual save is from before you fire the first missile at the London Reaper. After that was waves of brutes/banshees until you fire the second, which jumps straight to cutscene, all the way to Marauder Shields. Then I didn't find a single place I could save on the Citadel, despite having 4 or 5 autosave points.
    Sounds about right.
    Well, the last autosave should be at the citadel so you should be able to jump directly into the epilogues after some stumbling around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    any1 else not been able to load ea servers?
    Been that way since last night.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 12:52 PM ----------

Does anyone know the best way to mod the coalesced file to give you the best ending? I was looking at the wiki and the mod forums, and they conflict each other. One says that you can only mod the coalesced before you have the assets, and the other says to mod them at any time.

While I admit that the indoctrination theory in a way makes more sense than the actual ending, I just don't buy into it. For one thing, the last scene with the old man and the child really clinches it for me, that it all did happen, that the Normandy really did crash land on that uncharted planet etc.

Above all else, the biggest problem I have with the ending is a lack of an epilogue beyond the old man and child years later. In a game series built around the idea that your decisions shape the world and decide the fate of entire species, you need AT LEAST an epilogue on par with Dragon Age: Origins to show the impact of those choices in the future. Especially when the choices you make don't even affect the last choice, while we were promised wildly different endings based on our choices in the three games.

Deleted
    With Wreav alive and having done some major damage to krogan (EVE dead, genophage not cured, not dealing with tuchanka bomb etc), think one of the epilogues will include that the entire krogan race went extinct a la Rachni/Prothean?

Possibly. Conversely, Wreav alive with the genophage cure and no Eve to keep him in check could result in them spilling across the galexy in another bloody war of conquest.

Or with Wrex and Eve both alive and everything done paragon they become a part of the galactic community...assuming there still is one. Maybe even peacekeepers like the Turians. I'd listen to a Krogan before a Turian...

I'm also curious what would happen with the Geth if the Quarians are wiped out. Would they go back to doing their own thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm also curious what would happen with the Geth if the Quarians are wiped out. Would they go back to doing their own thing?
    Cloning research to bring the quarians back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Cloning research to bring the quarians back to life?
    *As their servants. Oh the poetic justice.