Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Same race, different motives and goals.
    Like say.. USA and UN?
    imagine this.
    You have been fighting americans lead by... i dunno, Jim. for a while. Suddenly a UN rep joins your fight and says that the americans under Jim do not stand for the human race, but they are heretics that thinks paintings are gods.
    Further down the line after working to eradicate the americans and help the UN, he says that you were the first dolphin to openly cooperate with humans since the Banana Wars, despite Jim openly working with humans (albeit americans).
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-07 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Like say.. USA and UN?
    imagine this.
    You have been fighting americans lead by... i dunno, Jim. for a while. Suddenly a UN rep joins your fight and says that the americans under Jim do not stand for the human race, but they are heretics that thinks paintings are gods.
    Further down the line after working to eradicate the americans and help the UN, he says that you were the first dolphin to openly cooperate with humans since the Banana Wars, despite Jim openly working with humans (albeit americans).
    You seem to be treating geth like humans. Geth are machines. Programs. They don't think like humans do. We saw how easy it is to influence them with a simple virus, changing their entire way of thinking with a single upload. The heretics essentially became their own people to the geth. They were still geth, but they did not "think" like Legion and the rest of the geth. They were, for all intents and purposes, no longer the same geth. They had reached a different consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Nha, they had souls. =D

What I mean is... this is one of the main topic in-game, Good Guy Shep does not agree with you! =D
    They were still programs. Even Legion constantly reminds Shepard about that fact.

Deleted
    You seem to be treating humans like geth. Humans are machines. chemical Programs. They don't think like geth do. We saw how easy it is to influence them with a simple conversation, changing their entire way of thinking with a single convertion. The americans essentially became their own people to the humans. They were still humans, but they did not "think" like Annan and the rest of the humans. They were, for all intents and purposes, no longer the same humans. They had reached a different consensus.
    Humans really arent anything special.
    We still have programming, except its by chemical fluids and electric signals as opposed to lines of coding. Still is the same function.
    Only difference is, as Javik put it, in evolution as we evolve by our surroundings like geth are (to certain degree) immune to it.

Humans really arent anything special.
    We still have programming, except its by chemical fluids and electric signals as opposed to lines of coding. Still is the same function.
    Only difference is, as Javik put it, in evolution as we evolve by our surroundings like geth are (to certain degree) immune to it.
    But we're not talking about your misanthropy right now.

And humans have emotions that geth do not. Those emotions influence our decisions. The closest AIs can come to emotions are simulated emotional needs, as shown by EDI's "priorities" producing positive feedback when those priorities are met, as opposed to "likes."

But, all of this is moot. As I said: I wouldn't call Saren and the geth's relationship cooperation.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-06-07 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    But we're not talking about your misanthropy right now.

And humans have emotions that geth do not. Those emotions influence our decisions. The closest AIs can come to emotions are simulated emotional needs, as shown by EDI's "priorities" producing positive feedback when those priorities are met, as opposed to "likes."

Feelings are feedback, just in a format that is more difficult to decode.

But, all of this is moot. As I said: I wouldn't call Saren and the geth's relationship cooperation.
    I wont debate that, while i find that as they worked for a common goal side by side and the geth even took orders from Saren i call them cooperative.
    A matter of subjective view.

I wont debate that, while i find that as they worked for a common goal side by side and the geth even took orders from Saren i call them cooperative.
    A matter of subjective view.
    And Saren was Sovereign's pawn. The geth considered Saren the prophet for the Old Machines' return, so the orders they followed were from Sovereign more than from Saren anyway. Sovereign was the puppet master. Saren was just the convenient mouthpiece.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 06:59 AM ----------

Wow I just unlocked the Vorcha Soldier... fun but holy shit the constantly snarling is annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heretics or not, its the same race.
    Or are the irish a race of their own?
    The difference between the Heretics and the Geth is the difference between England and American Colonies during the the Revolutionary war. Both the same race but different ideals and goals. The geth are a synthetic life form and not just computer programing even before they get "reaper upgrades" in mass effect 3. They aren't all equal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted

[/COLOR]Wow I just unlocked the Vorcha Soldier... fun but holy shit the constantly snarling is annoying.
    If i remember correctly, you found Mark Meer to do a subpar voiceacting job emotionwise.

Guess who voiceacts (including the snarling) the vorcha.

If i remember correctly, you found Mark Meer to do a subpar voiceacting job emotionwise.

Guess who voiceacts (including the snarling) the vorcha.
    Yeah I know he does the Vorcha too. lol

Deleted
    The problem I have with the vorcha is that when you get max stacks of bloodfury (or w/e it's called) it pops you out of cover...
    I just walk around with the Reegar shotty instead :\

Vorcha Sentinel and Male Quarian Engineer in one pack. Nice. lol At least I got my wish! Was hoping to unlock at least one character from the new DLC before this weekend so I could be certain I'd get one in the Silver match.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just remembered something...
    Back when you enter the geth consensus, legion shows you a memory of him shaking hands with Shepard, signifiying their alliance, saying Shepard was the first organic to openly cooperate with geth since the Morning War.

Now the thing is..
    Did the Geth somehow forget Saren?
    Saren didn't cooperate. He controlled or ruled over them. He didn't treat them as allies but as machines simply to be used. Shepard is the first organic to treat Geth like an actual life form and to give them the same respect, rights, and responsibilities as he would any other life form. The heretics aren't "Geth" but heretics. While its true they worked with an organic in services of their "old machine" god they weren't considered by the Geth to be Geth any longer.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cod...#Geth:_Culture

The geth were sought out from behind the Perseus Veil to serve Sovereign, looking upon the massive ship as their new machine-god and Saren as their 'prophet' http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Sar...h_the_Machines
    Saren also had vast cybernetic upgrades so he might have been seen as more "inorganic" then organic to the Geth. Though Shepard would have had just as much if not more as Saren after the events of Mass Effect 2.

Commander Shepard originally believed Sovereign was a Reaper vessel that Saren Arterius found and somehow reactivated, but discovers Sovereign is in fact an actual Reaper, a fully sentient and extremely powerful AI, which is why the geth obey its commands. They see Sovereign as the pinnacle of AI evolution and worship it as a god. However, Sovereign regards the geth as no more than tools to aid in the return of the Reapers and is even insulted by the worship the geth "throw" at it, and Saren as simply a useful slave. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Sovereign
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh my god I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Dang, so that Volus really was a god? I knew I should've been nicer to him on Omega!

Deleted
    I guess you can say that it....
    Reaped what it sow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone think that Bioware would put an offline mode to play splitscreen and maybe a slight chance of putting bots for allies when not playing with a friend sometime in the future? Might sound like a stupid idea for some people but i feel that every game with a multiplayer mode should have some sort of offline mode. The reason im asking is because my internet went haywire last night and i still cant play the multiplayer today. But if it had an offline mode that i could either play with a friend splitscreen with other bot allies or by myself with the bots i would still be able to play it.

This is the one thing i hate about online only multiplayer.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-06-07 at 10:43 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Like a great biotic wind!

Time for a nap . . . destroy universe later
    Putin khuliyo

any idea when bioware is adding points to the person carrying the bags during the match? kinda stupid that all other objectives give points and this one that is so boring doesnt...
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.